343industries.org Site Makeover Request

Skys

23 members have voted

1. 1. Does this site need a makeover visually?

• Yes sir. Pure brilliance i salute you.
    • No! Go crawl back into your hole in the ground and rot..Til tomorrow :)

Skys,

I have been frequently getting on and I feel like this thought isn't taken seriously between others. I believe this site needs a little makeover visually. Forum runs great nothing bad but let us not be content or take action once halo 4 is officially launched. Why not change now for the better?

We need visual improvements through the whole site. No more spartan II's or III's.....We are Spartan IV's and the site needs to adapt in that way. Maybe even make it more forerunner savvy. The request isn't impossible just take it into consideration. I visually love the site..IF..I was playing halo reach for the first time..We are past that lets move on and create a better website for our Spartan IV's

If I was modding i'd pitch this idea..But I R Skys a more then friendly community forum user :)

Agreed? Also please like or disaapprove in the comments below.

• Like 7

Meh its a lot of work to redo this site to make it better, I already took a look at the html code on this site, it looks very well done, why change it?

The site looks great at a reach stand point. Were moving on. There is always room for a change. And not only that but room for challenge that comes with change. Challenge accepted?

Well, getting a professional makeover costs quite a bit of money, and given that the theme was updated less then a year ago and still looks pretty good, I would say that we can still use this theme for a good while longer.

Remember, that Twam isn't made of money.

• Like 1

What do you mean by "The site looks great at a reach stand point"? I see nothing in the site that makes me think of Reach other then the section for it... The site looks fine to me, in fact, it looks great to me.. as it always has..

• Like 1

What do you mean by "The site looks great at a reach stand point"? I see nothing in the site that makes me think of Reach other then the section for it... The site looks fine to me, in fact, it looks great to me.. as it always has..

mainly the banner. ;)

• Like 1

Meh its a lot of work to redo this site to make it better, I already took a look at the html code on this site, it looks very well done, why change it?

Clearly you haven't had much experience with forums.

That isn't HTML code. That's PHP - the script behind forums. In order to change the theme, either Twam will have to find a new style, or go within this one and change all the graphics and CSS - which is a lot of work and tricky to get right.

The current skin is from FinalPrestige.net, and currently I think there's no need.

• Like 1

Somw have said this would be hard. But that's not true. You see, all he is suggesting is a change in the title format and imaging. This is only about 3 lines of code to change, and a little work on photoshop. Agreed, skys.

However, another skin on the other hand.... Is not easy. It takes, if my memory is correct, over 200 lines of code.

Somw have said this would be hard. But that's not true. You see, all he is suggesting is a change in the title format and imaging. This is only about 3 lines of code to change, and a little work on photoshop. Agreed, skys.

However, another skin on the other hand.... Is not easy. It takes, if my memory is correct, over 200 lines of code.

It doesn't take "Code." It takes a whole install of images, new php codes, etc, as well as making sure the current mods installed (eg shoutbox) are compatible. You don't write the code for a theme unless you're creating a whole new one. Twam didn't create this theme. As I said in my previous post, it's from finalprestige.net.

For the logo, he can simply overwrite the original logo, you don't actually need to change any code, unless the size is different in which case you would have to go into the imageset config file and change two numbers.

• 2 weeks later...