Master Chief and Spartan Ops

Drizzy_Dan

Alright so we know what Spartan Ops is by now and have seen gameplay and all but what or who we don't see is the Master Chief. It makes sense because we're all assuming Chief won't be around. But why won't Chief be around? Do you think he goes on a wild chase to end something like the end of Halo 2 or do you think he's on the Infinity just not going into the Ops?

343i had told as that the Spartans we play as in Spartan Ops and War Games take place 6 months after Halo 4's campaign. So i'm guessing Chief leaves Requiem with Infinity. It's just my opinion. That 10 minute gameplay of the Campaign took place 3/4 of the way through the campaign, and that was when the Infinity finally crashed into Requiem. Maybe Chief has to find the Infinity after it crashed and help it get back up to help Chief? That would be pretty cool IMO.

343i had told as that the Spartans we play as in Spartan Ops and War Games take place 6 months after Halo 4's campaign. So i'm guessing Chief leaves Requiem with Infinity. It's just my opinion. That 10 minute gameplay of the Campaign took place 3/4 of the way through the campaign, and that was when the Infinity finally crashed into Requiem. Maybe Chief has to find the Infinity after it crashed and help it get back up to help Chief? That would be pretty cool IMO.

Actually it is about 1/3 of the way through.

Perhaps it's because the Spartan IVs are still in training? Presumably they need the extra practice, whereas Chief is a hardened war vet and so it's more important for him to spend time frozen in order to stay young (and thus combat-capable for longer) than to go through simulated combat training.

It could also be because the Spartan IVs are learning to work as a team, who presumably will have their own sets of missions to complete. Someone who isn't going to be a part of that team in real combat situations being involved in their training could mean they can't work as a group as well in real combat situations, as they'd be expecting a different person to be there, and might not be able to predict what the others are going to do - and thus respond accordingly - as accurately, raising the chances of them being killed or injured, and generally reducing effectiveness.

• Like 1

Spartan Ops takes place a bit way through the campiagn and continues shortly after the campiagn ends. And 343i did say that characters form the campaign will make cameos or making passing appearances in Spartan Ops, which could very well include MC.

master chiefs part in halo 4 ends when the campaign ends and we get ready for him again in halo 5, so spartan ops its gonna be about our spartan imo it might not feel right seeing him in spartan op's after finishing an intense campaign and story of him. Also spartan op's takes place 6 months after the events of halo 4 so MC is most likely already engaging the events of halo 5 also i thing crossed my mind is that what the story is and what we do in spartan ops might actually play a part in halo 5's story as little as reference or a mention of certain operation carried out that could tie in with the story.

i dont know about that, I think it would be kind of cool to be stuck in a pcikle of some sort and than BLAM!! MC busts in and owns everything and helps you out. I think having characters form the campain make cameos or quick appearances will do a great job of tying Spartan Ops into the campaign and MP

• 4 weeks later...

Perhaps it's because the Spartan IVs are still in training? Presumably they need the extra practice, whereas Chief is a hardened war vet and so it's more important for him to spend time frozen in order to stay young (and thus combat-capable for longer) than to go through simulated combat training.

It could also be because the Spartan IVs are learning to work as a team, who presumably will have their own sets of missions to complete. Someone who isn't going to be a part of that team in real combat situations being involved in their training could mean they can't work as a group as well in real combat situations, as they'd be expecting a different person to be there, and might not be able to predict what the others are going to do - and thus respond accordingly - as accurately, raising the chances of them being killed or injured, and generally reducing effectiveness.

Well said. :clap:

Correct me if im wrong but Spartan Ops is not like war games aka a simulated area. From what I've heard its missions in real life that the spartan 4s are actually fighting real enemies

• Like 1