More Questions Answered

Mr. Snazz

If you were not at ComiCon, like myself, then you missed a lot of Halo 4 news. Luckily, people post videos and here is the full 1 hour 343i press conference. You should watch this whole thing just to see the new assassinations that are specific to certain game types.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35_pXjNsDUY

• Like 5

10:34. Major major find right there. That resembles the picture pieced together of what was thought to be a Precursor from parts of the concept art video.

Precursor.jpg

And this certainly answers my question of whether the Flood has a part at all in Halo 4. It was said that we wouldn't be fighting the Flood but not said whether they'd make an appearance. Until now.

10:34. Major major find right there. That resembles the picture pieced together of what was thought to be a Precursor from parts of the concept art video.

Precursor.jpg

And this certainly answers my question of whether the Flood has a part at all in Halo 4. It was said that we wouldn't be fighting the Flood but not said whether they'd make an appearance. Until now.

it does look somewhat similar to the precursor images that you have, but i think it would have to be a promeathean. The orange glow looks similar to that of the prometheans, and its probably an equivelent to a hunter, or scarab. It looks completely mechanical (like the prometheans) and i would assume precursors would have a more organic look. Remember, the forerunners rebelled and wiped out the precursors. I dont think that would have happened if precursors had that much of a size advantage, and the forerunners stand at about 5 meters tall(or something like that, i know that the Didact's height has been confirmed)

it does look somewhat similar to the precursor images that you have, but i think it would have to be a promeathean. The orange glow looks similar to that of the prometheans, and its probably an equivelent to a hunter, or scarab. It looks completely mechanical (like the prometheans) and i would assume precursors would have a more organic look. Remember, the forerunners rebelled and wiped out the precursors. I dont think that would have happened if precursors had that much of a size advantage, and the forerunners stand at about 5 meters tall(or something like that, i know that the Didact's height has been confirmed)

I would download the video and snapshot the image to get a better comparison next to the others but this video's way too big and that'd be pointless. If you keep the video at 10:34-10:35 you can see the similarities between all three images. The image in the video has the same large light with two small lights on either side at the top of the figure as the picture pieced together by the concept art video. And it has a long tentacle-like arm I'd say or just a long arm like the ones seen on the image on the left in the drawing. Although I see the resemblance to the Promethean Knight and hope it is an early drawing of the Promethean Knight in the shadows because I don't believe Precursors will make an appearance in this game. The image in the video has the same smaller, inner arms, but the outer arms are different whereas on the Promethean Knight they seem to not be attached and are floating on the side.

halo4e32012.jpg

So, are the Precursors the Flood or the Promethean? I have seen lots of talk about this. The Precursors are the most advanced version of the Flood right? And the Promethean are another different being correct?

The Precursors created the Flood with Transentience like themselves and the Prometheans you see in Halo 4 are just a new enemy class. The Prometheans of the time of the Forerunners were the warrior caste

Precursor.jpg

to me that was very disappointing to find out it was just a promethean knight.

In the concept video? Was it?

yeah you can see it basically being revealed as a promethean knight after 10:34 in that panel video, i may be wrong.

So, are the Precursors the Flood or the Promethean? I have seen lots of talk about this. The Precursors are the most advanced version of the Flood right? And the Promethean are another different being correct?

no precursors are not versions of the flood, they precursors were a civilization of being, they created the flood.

Well remember that was just concept art of the promethean knight, but now its obvious to see the similarities between the two. They even have the same scream, when that image appears in the concept art trailer, a shriek is heard. In the E3 demo, the same shriek is heard after the player picks up the scattershot.

• Like 1

no precursors are not versions of the flood, they precursors were a civilization of being, they created the flood.

Actually it has been mentioned several times that the precursors and flood are the same thing. While the relationship between the two has yet to be revealed, the Timeless One was revealed to be a grave,ind, so maybe precursors were highly advanced graveminds?

I can see from the turnaround of Palmer that female spartan changes are back and seemingly more significant. And there were alot of "squeakers" in the Q and A. I really wish people asking questions there would have looked up more recent information before asking a already talked about question.

Also...he THREW the oddball! Grifball is going to be FUN!