Doubts about Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn

Des Feux

So I guess most of you guys have seen already the Forward Unto Dawn trailer, if not I suggest you watch it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca3Y8Ws3plI&feature=g-all-f

Now, I have a doubt about the story itself and I would appreciate if someone clears this up for me.

Apparently, the story is taking place around 2525 +, following a group of UNSC cadets in the beginning of the Human-Covenant War. John-117 (a.k.a the badass known as the Master Chief) was born in 2510 and was abducted to become a Spartan in 2517. In the trailer he's supposed to represent a ''teenage'' (since at the time he's probably 14 or 15) version of the Chief, that's why he's not voiced by Steve Downes. My doubt here is:

-You can clearly hear a cadet call him ''Chief''. I'm pretty sure after graduating, spartans became Petty Officer Second Class. If someone knows when did John got the rank of Master Chief Petty Officer please post it.

If you have any doubts about Forward Unto Dawn please post them here.

Actually the reason he wasn't voiced by steve downes is because they needed someone to fit in the suit, theres a movie actor whoms name I have clearly forgotten is the character who is in the suit and talks so its a win win. I hate it when people have doubts...

Actually the reason he wasn't voiced by steve downes is because they needed someone to fit in the suit, theres a movie actor whoms name I have clearly forgotten is the character who is in the suit and talks so its a win win. I hate it when people have doubts...

ya i saw this in a behind the scenes interview thing. I think the actor was in x-men or something like that, i dont remember either

I'm not doubting it im just worried...

1st Concern- They're not using Chiefs classic voice (hopefully they are that's just a "early build")

2nd Concern- I saw no covenant in the trailer... This is Halo and there are aliens EVERY WHERE (during the battles)

3rd Concern- It's interupting Halo 4 focus

Just because he's in the suit doesn't mean anything. They can still use the guy that does the chiefs voice for the game it could be a place holder

1st Concern- They're not using Chiefs classic voice (hopefully they are that's just a "early build")

2nd Concern- I saw no covenant in the trailer... This is Halo and there are aliens EVERY WHERE (during the battles)

Just because he's in the suit doesn't mean anything. They can still use the guy that does the chiefs voice for the game it could be a place holder

Concern 1: he is 14 so even though he does have the physicality of the olympian at this age, he still isnt going to sound like he is when he is almost 50

Concern 2:If you listen to the podcasts that have come out "sparkcast 14" and "Modcast waypoint episode 121" they talk about the aliens in the game and if you pay close enogh attention you see an invisable elite's footstep in the ground in the trailer. In this series the feel is supposed to represent what humanity first felt when they first encountered the covenant: A very mysterious ,scary,terrifing creature that can sneak up on you and tear you apart. the series is what you would say a sci-fy horror action film

Concern 3:This is a seque into halo 4 as is Cryptum,Primordium,any other story plot that they put down on the halo four list 3 years ago. Considering that the filming only took 5 weeks in vancouver and that forge is being worked on by a seperate company, campaign is just being make to look better and better since its finished they have their staff working very productivly. Also all of this filming took place back in May when all of the other news came out, E3 on the bring, dealing with everything im sure they can handle this.

So I guess most of you guys have seen already the Forward Unto Dawn trailer, if not I suggest you watch it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca3Y8Ws3plI&feature=g-all-f

Now, I have a doubt about the story itself and I would appreciate if someone clears this up for me.

Apparently, the story is taking place around 2525 +, following a group of UNSC cadets in the beginning of the Human-Covenant War. John-117 (a.k.a the badass known as the Master Chief) was born in 2510 and was abducted to become a Spartan in 2517. In the trailer he's supposed to represent a ''teenage'' (since at the time he's probably 14 or 15) version of the Chief, that's why he's not voiced by Steve Downes. My doubt here is:

-You can clearly hear a cadet call him ''Chief''. I'm pretty sure after graduating, spartans became Petty Officer Second Class. If someone knows when did John got the rank of Master Chief Petty Officer please post it.

If you have any doubts about Forward Unto Dawn please post them here.

with the spartan augmentations they had taken place, when they were of teenage years they alerady had the body of olympians and the intelligence of enhanced minds as if they were you daddy. However, he is still 14 -17 years of age and he is not going to sound exactly like he is his almost 50 year old self we know him as.

John took the command of Chief over the other spartan IIs because of an exersize that took place when they were still kids and his will and determination to get every spartan out of the simulation alive even though they said everyone wouldnt make it out. Throu his leadership and thinking, he was able to accomplish the mission without leaving any of the spartan trainees behind. When this happened Dr Cathrine Halsey gave John the Chief role of the spartans in his childhood for she saw his potenial. He is the Master chief Petty officer grade (i cant remember lol) hope that helps

@ Killer K34

You bring up a good point I didn't realize he is that young. The water moving doesn' count as seeing covenant if there was a blurr of the cammo maybe but I want to see them without the invisiblity and im sure they will. Im know 343 can handle the extra projects but it does bring some important people away from Halo 4 development like fank o connor, I do think that the extra problems are worth it though... How about saber start to work on Halo 2 Anniversary!

• Like 1

I will be slightly upset if the Covenant's CGI looks good, because they could have used it for everything. The costumes the marines use don't even look similar to anything we've seen before besides the helmet, and maybe the shoulders.

In the video they arent really marines. They are the children of major people with in the UNSC that have put their kids their like a military school. They arent supposed to have the same combat armor a marine has, just training armor reasoning also why they would wear glasses instead of a visor on their eyes. So in other words their supposed to look like training armor

• 1 month later...

Your also forgetting that the armour would be old as it isnt the newest version of the gungnir armour, so of course it will be of a different design.

And the name of the actor playing the Master Chief is Daniel Cudmore, he is 6 foot 6 and played colossus in X-men

Your also forgetting that the armour would be old as it isnt the newest version of the gungnir armour, so of course it will be of a different design.

And the name of the actor playing the Master Chief is Daniel Cudmore, he is 6 foot 6 and played colossus in X-men

yea he is wearing a Mjolnir Mk IV armor in the series

yea he is wearing a Mjolnir Mk IV armor in the series

They definitely messed the armor up in Halo Legends, as every thin is identical to Mk IV except the shoulders and helmet. Then they used that Halo Legends armor...

They should have made the armor look like this if you ask me:

Halo_Character_Spartan_Render.jpg

• Like 1

The actors name is Micheal Cudmore and I think they made a good choice, he was also in the x-men and uh, twilight

Imagine how many kids want that guy to go to their birthday party....

Its David Cudmore....sorry to correct you lol

They definitely messed the armor up in Halo Legends, as every thin is identical to Mk IV except the shoulders and helmet. Then they used that Halo Legends armor...

They should have made the armor look like this if you ask me:

Halo_Character_Spartan_Render.jpg

The armor in legends is more correct then this one is by far. and it doesnt matter anyways because spartans could add a couple things to their armor like bigger shoulderpads like in the picture here. It ususally was for a tweak that needed to be fixed, Jorge just decided to take it to the next level.....

The armor in legends is more correct then this one is by far. and it doesnt matter anyways because spartans could add a couple things to their armor like bigger shoulderpads like in the picture here. It ususally was for a tweak that needed to be fixed, Jorge just decided to take it to the next level.....

The armor in Halo Legends was just Mk VI except a bit different. The armor from the package always seemed out of place.

There are going to be covenant more then likly, also the interutpting Halo 4? They are giving it more story, idk if you have read the books or not but he does get Mark IV around that time (that is for everyone not you in particular). Also the one thing i'm concerned about is if Master Chief has shields, he should not have any shields at that time so that is the thing i'm concerned about.

Oh, to go with the armor thing mark IV resembles mark VI sometimes so....