Cortana Theory

John-117

I wouldn't want my A.I to go na-na on me while it was monitoring my armour,remember it also interacts with you within your mind through the implant,if it goes totally rampant it could lock up your armour or hold you to ransom and force you to do it's bidding but that's if she goes psychotic in her rampancy and breaks her hardcoded controls,halsey built her and she is unique,a stepup from the rest.

from what there is she leaves the armour and is either in the infinty or in requiems systems at some point during the game.

I wouldn't want my A.I to go na-na on me while it was monitoring my armour,remember it also interacts with you within your mind through the implant,if it goes totally rampant it could lock up your armour or hold you to ransom and force you to do it's bidding but that's if she goes psychotic in her rampancy and breaks her hardcoded controls,halsey built her and she is unique,a stepup from the rest.

from what there is she leaves the armour and is either in the infinty or in requiems systems at some point during the game.

You are right, but in "Halo: The Fall of Reach" Chief has the same question to which Halsey tells him that "Cortana resides in the interface between your mind and the suit, Master Chief. You will find your reaction time greatly improved. She will be translating the impulses in your motor cortex directly into motion---she can't make you send those impulses." After that there's a little conversation about the mind but nothing important. So as you can see if the Chief doesn't move then there is nothing she can do about it. Now, I don't think the book said anything about cortana being able to either trick or hack the suit. But I believe the answer is still NO because Chief question was "Can she control the MJOLNIR armor?" to which I already game you the answer. I hope I have clarified this subject on Chief being control inside his own armor by Cortana.

You are right, but in "Halo: The Fall of Reach" Chief has the same question to which Halsey tells him that "Cortana resides in the interface between your mind and the suit, Master Chief. You will find your reaction time greatly improved. She will be translating the impulses in your motor cortex directly into motion---she can't make you send those impulses." After that there's a little conversation about the mind but nothing important. So as you can see if the Chief doesn't move then there is nothing she can do about it. Now, I don't think the book said anything about cortana being able to either trick or hack the suit. But I believe the answer is still NO because Chief question was "Can she control the MJOLNIR armor?" to which I already game you the answer. I hope I have clarified this subject on Chief being control inside his own armor by Cortana.

So you're saying that the chief has to stay still so Cortana doesn't lock his armor? Sorry, that's what I took away from that.

Requiem. Is basically. Like onyx you can enter but not leave. Only way to leave is slipspace.

While that does make sense, I don't think thats true because in the scene I described above the captain of the Infinity says he wants a course laid out for a station as soon as they can travel. So it seems as if they could leave by choice.

Doesn't the infinity have forerunner tech as well built into it? which i take it to also have superior drives and power source and slipspace drive as well,they can make point jumps.I think requiem has been compromised as it is visible where is Onyx was just the portal to the shield world which was hidden in slipspace.

Yeah you're right Rex,she can't actively take over the chiefs systems,she might be able to play havok with you're adrenaline levels,body temperature,heart rate,lactic acid outflow,halsey did ask her if she could sacrifice the chief for the mission though that was probably from the point of view of how she felt towards him.

Well sierra,that clip puts alot to rest,good find.The "Him" is obviously something/someone but not a gravemind and it also tantalizes you with the idea that the infinity stumbled upon requiem or the captain wants to warn ships off getting too close,Kiki did say at comiccon that requiem was "Kind of breached" which gives rise to the idea that something just realized the galaxy has repopulated and wants in again,try this on for size,the librarian snuck in a control system that if the halos were fired, it and all the forerunner tech would only respond to a human and only a human,nothing else,an outside force could compromise those systems but at a considerable amount of time and effort but not gain full control as humans were slated to carry the mantle but what if the librarian also locked out forerunners as well from using there own tech after the halo pulse? even those that were "composed" into ancilla's?

As always it's pure speculation.

So you're saying that the chief has to stay still so Cortana doesn't lock his armor? Sorry, that's what I took away from that.

Sorry, I meant to say that if Chief doesn't wanna move then she can't do nothing about it. She is only translating the impulses, without her he abviously can move either way. So, sorry for my gramar mistake I'll see to that it won't happen again.

Sorry, I meant to say that if Chief doesn't wanna move then she can't do nothing about it. She is only translating the impulses, without her he abviously can move either way. So, sorry for my gramar mistake I'll see to that it won't happen again.

It's ok and thanks for the explanation, that makes alot more sense now.

One thing I took away from the clip is that Del Rio does not like Chief and Cortana at all. He calls aging and hallucinating, and cortana malfunctioning. The aging part leads me to believe he thinks his spartan IVs are better than the spartan IIs who he might see as outdated.

It's ok and thanks for the explanation, that makes alot more sense now.

One thing I took away from the clip is that Del Rio does not like Chief and Cortana at all. He calls aging and hallucinating, and cortana malfunctioning. The aging part leads me to believe he thinks his spartan IVs are better than the spartan IIs who he might see as outdated.

You are totally right, one thing I hated was the guy acting as the Chief moving his head to the sides and back, etc.. The Chief doesn't go around doing that unless he needs to, the lack of movement is another factor that gives the Chief his awe of mistery. Who is he talking to the captain or Cortana, I think it was the captain so he doesn't have to go around loking at Cortana for somekind of approval, the Chief doesn't need approval HE GIVES the approvals. And let me point out that this hallucinating Spartan can kick any of the Spartan III and IV ass, and has all the medals except the "Prisoner of War" medal.

Well I think he moved his head like that because Cortana suddenly said "Think?" which he didn't expect from her.

Why wouldn't he expect that from her? I had to go back to the video to hear the "think" part and see in more details the Chiefs movement, back in Halo 3 when the meeting went down in the "Shadow of Intent" the Chief was talking with Lord Hood and he didn't move nearly as much. If you look at the guy acting as Chief in the video you'll notice that he moves his head upside down and several ways before looking at Cortana, as in noding. This type of movements were not shown during the meeting in Halo 3, totally ruining the Chief misterious awe. I am going to get a little ou of the subject here but I it should be taken in consideration anyway, in phsycology when someone nods it may be to reasure his/her statement or to reasure his/herself of what he/she is saying is correct. In my opinion a battle hardened hardcore soldier like the Chief doesn't need to display such emotions, since he doesn't need to resure himself of anything since he didn't survibe by being insecure. Ohh and why isn't the Chief's voice acted by Steve Downes?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Why would it kill the game? They are trying to add a deeper, more meaningful storyline into it, and by having a major twist like Cortana turning into the antagonist? That's the perfect way to make the Chief appear more human. He's been with Cortana for so long now, through thick and thin, he's had her help, has rescued her from Gravemind, has grown attached. For him to have to end up killing her? That's pure gold right there.

She guides the Chief through everything, from opening doors to sending him other places or teleportation (like on Halo CE). To kill her off would be to kill off Chiefs sense of adventure, if that makes any sense.

She guides the Chief through everything, from opening doors to sending him other places or teleportation (like on Halo CE). To kill her off would be to kill off Chiefs sense of adventure, if that makes any sense.

But what if they did kill of Cortana? What would happen then?

Im wondering if cortana has some tie to the librarian. Shes not youre typical Ai as we all know, theres got to be something more to her than just hitting rampancy and the end. I think we will see her die, or so we will think, but I think we will se her return in some transcendent form by halo 6.

But what if they did kill of Cortana? What would happen then?

What if she just happend to get stuck on Requiem? She doesnt have to die...maybe she saves chief and in the process is stuck on Requiem. We know that Spartan Ops takes place months after the Halo 4 campaign, so perhpas through Spartan Ops if she is on Requiem still, you find her at the end of Spartan Ops and rescue her? I dont think they would kill Cortana, she is as much a part of Halo as MC.