Cortana Theory

John-117

I was watching Red vs Blue and something sparked in my head when Sigma begins to talk about the stages of rampancy. I know Cortana has been in rampancy for sometime, As you all saw in the short trailer after the E3 demo, it had Cortana yelling and she was angry and seemed like she was becoming jealous. That means she is in stages 2 and 3. My theory is that by the end of the game, she will reach the 4th stage, metastability. This is when an A.I. becomes human. In other words, I believe by the end of Halo 4 or somewhere in Halo 5, Cortana becomes human and guess what guys! She becomes the antagonist,

Finish the fight,

John-117

• Like 2

I was watching Red vs Blue and something sparked in my head when Sigma begins to talk about the stages of rampancy. I know Cortana has been in rampancy for sometime, As you all saw in the short trailer after the E3 demo, it had Cortana yelling and she was angry and seemed like she was becoming jealous. That means she is in stages 2 and 3. My theory is that by the end of the game, she will reach the 4th stage, metastability. This is when an A.I. becomes human. In other words, I believe by the end of Halo 4 or somewhere in Halo 5, Cortana becomes human and guess what guys! She becomes the antagonist,

Finish the fight,

John-117

Interesting

Actually she's based on halsey right and dropping into rampancy with a slight crush on the chief except A.I's die as their cores deteriorate so the game would have to incorporate a large chunk of the game to fixing her and my best bet is that the chief goes on the hunt to turn her into a metarch ancilla,it's the only way to save her or he gets reqieums ancilla to fix her or the infinities A.I which is a more modern construct fixes her,either way it would be a priority in the game story,to kill her off would kill the game.

Actually she's based on halsey right and dropping into rampancy with a slight crush on the chief except A.I's die as their cores deteriorate so the game would have to incorporate a large chunk of the game to fixing her and my best bet is that the chief goes on the hunt to turn her into a metarch ancilla,it's the only way to save her or he gets reqieums ancilla to fix her or the infinities A.I which is a more modern construct fixes her,either way it would be a priority in the game story,to kill her off would kill the game.

Why would it kill the game? They are trying to add a deeper, more meaningful storyline into it, and by having a major twist like Cortana turning into the antagonist? That's the perfect way to make the Chief appear more human. He's been with Cortana for so long now, through thick and thin, he's had her help, has rescued her from Gravemind, has grown attached. For him to have to end up killing her? That's pure gold right there.

Plot twist. Sounds interesting. Halo 6 starts. Cortana's has gone completely mad, rampant. She won't hear the Chief, and disguises her attempts to kill humanity for making her a machine, not a human. Takes control over Forerunner A.I. and attacks the now dying and partially glassed Earth. Chief destroys the A.I. and Cortana reveals herself as the main antagonist. Chief must decide. Earth or his long time friend... Maybe she doesn't die, and somehow achieves Metastability, but nothing will be the same for John and Cortana... The Universe is in peace... for now.

I had posted a "Possible cortana goes na-na and psyches out and becomes the antagonist" last week in a thread somewhere when trying to envision the chiefs nemesis but realised the character was too integral to the game,"Master Chief"="Cortana" no, "Master chief"=? he's got a suit designed to carry an A.I,specifically her A.I,the female element adds to the male "Save the universe,saves her" it would be a twist to have her ramp out and it looks from the trailer that at some point she gets into a system,possibly gets taken over by an ancilla or the antangonist or loses the plot and starts trying to kill the chief or starts killing the crew while keeping him alive for herself but it's more plausible for her to be taken over.

Or she goes head to head with the antagonist whose trying to leave requiem but is stopping him/it by denying it egress.

That wouldn't work as requiem is a weapon,well it should be,it's too small to be a shield world unless requiem is a cryptum

I keep thinking what the hell is requiem? the best i can come up with is that it's just one of the didacts point offense weapons designed to kill planets on a singular level.

unless requiem is or was part of the marginot line defenseOr it's the didacts monument to his wife

That wouldn't work as requiem is a weapon,well it should be,it's too small to be a shield world unless requiem is a cryptum

I keep thinking what the hell is requiem? the best i can come up with is that it's just one of the didacts point offense weapons designed to kill planets on a singular level.

unless requiem is or was part of the marginot line defenseOr it's the didacts monument to his wife

In my opinion, Requiem is most likely a Shield, Monument to the Librarian, or a Cryptum. Ancient Forerunner stuck inside, sounds like a Cryptum.

It's supposed to be some sort of Shield-World, protecting the Forerunner from the firing of the Halo Array...

Man, nobody will be left in Halo 6.. Johnson, both Keyes, 343, the list will be extended when halo 5 ends..

Hate to tell you this but Guilty Spark is still in the works but hes now got a human corvete for a body and numerous human hostages.

Man, nobody will be left in Halo 6.. Johnson, both Keyes, 343, the list will be extended when halo 5 ends..

Yet the best one of them lives, Master Chief.... unless they make his character really bad in the next 3 games.

But anyways the AI doesn't become a human, they become a true "person". So to me that sounds like their intelligence works similar to a human brain so they acquire emotions and all that stuff.

In my opinion, Requiem is most likely a Shield, Monument to the Librarian, or a Cryptum. Ancient Forerunner stuck inside, sounds like a Cryptum.

It's supposed to be some sort of Shield-World, protecting the Forerunner from the firing of the Halo Array...

It's too small to be a shield world,all the shield worlds are true dyson sphere's,a star encapsulated unless I've missed an interview or update somewhere that tells us what it is,It's not an ark or greater Ark as it is again too small.What if it's a fortress world,a promethean forces factory designed to create billions of A.I to combat the flood on a planetary level.I'm sure the other shield worlds were true dysons? except for Onyx and the one in halo wars.

Probaly a shield world, all for the warrior servants and cryptum but that sounds too simple.

Cortana may have trouble, but she will not be the antagonist. She and John have far too much history together for her to turn on him.

From what I've seen (the trailer showing Cortana screaming at something off camera that she will not let whatever it is leave the planet), it seems as if the main antagonist of Halo 4 is trying to use the Infinity to escape from the planet, and Cortana is trying to stop it even though Rampancy is beginning to consume her.

• Like 1

Use the infinity to escape? Isn't the ship down? What if Requiem is a prison,a trap sprung like halo 3? The infinity should have ship bays that can dock frigate class ships so maybe there is one that can be repaired,highly unlikely but I'm sure if you look at the trailer you can see that it can carry at least 3 if it was built that way.

Get the book or ebook "The Dragon never sleeps" By Glen cook 1987,i read it as a kid,though it was old and dated what the man came up with for that time blew me away for sci-fi strategic space war and ships that are the size of small moons and the concept of distance verses supply and replacement personnel.It also introduces the reader to a different form of travel i haven't seen any other sci-fi book,it's old and dated and different but not john carter.

Ok something wants to get off requiem,with all that technology at it's disposal and it couldn't manufacture a ship? or move requiem? and where is requiem that infinity managed to come across it without opening a portal close to the ark on the level of power that it took like that at the base at voi?

I think it can move,it's under power.

Maybe the unsc was able to get voi working again or make their own intergalactic drive,possibilities within possibilities.

Use the infinity to escape? Isn't the ship down? What if Requiem is a prison,a trap sprung like halo 3? The infinity should have ship bays that can dock frigate class ships so maybe there is one that can be repaired,highly unlikely but I'm sure if you look at the trailer you can see that it can carry at least 3 if it was built that way.

Maybe Requiem IS a Prision, but the Infinity will not always be down, ya know? The Spartan Ops storyline takes place AFTER Halo 4's campaign, and the Spartans are on board the Infinity.

i haven't followed all the dev's interviews or am up to play with the official "Tidbits",basically i'm running on data from the books and just the trailers,a lot to speculate on.

Ok,Spartan Ops? They're training sims played out in holo-decks right? i wonder if they're going to follow up with an actual prize mission to complete your ranking as you move up? are these training sims spartan bootcamp weeding programs? Only the best can attain Spartan status.

Cortana might sacrifice herself hence the words "I will not allow you to leave this world" she's a low storage simple human tech construct,compared to a metarch ancilla or a stoneage ax next to a chainsaw,i mean, 500 years and humanity is still using wheeled motorized vehicles.

Requiem,meaning, a funeral song for the recently departed,so it's a monument to what? the forerunners? The librarian? The Didact? The or A precursor/s.My money is on a fortress world,designed to eliminate anything that stands in the way of the forerunners from taking back the galaxy but the plans went wrong.

I'm only throwing this out there though i see obvious holes in what i've typed,If requiems a prison then it's too simple or is it a gateway,a bigger version of voi?

Yeah, I'm not sure which stage has the A.I. kinda stable but still prone to crazy bursts, but in the cutscene shown at comic-con, it shows cortana and John arguing with Infinity captain Andrew Del Rio, who doesn't seem to be their biggest fan, and they're talking about not letting "him" leave Requiem because all of humanity will be at risk. Del Rio then goes on to talk about how Chiefs a hallucinating againg spartan, and how Cortanas a malfunctioning A.I. which makes me think Cortana has already exhibited her rampancy to the crew of the Infinity. Thomas Lasky, the protagonist of the Forward unto Dawn web series/movie p, then asks Del Rio what if Chieqf is right. del Rio goes on to say something about getting the ship moving A.S.A.P. then the really interesting thing happens. After Del Rio says that, some lights in the ship start to shutter and Cortana flashes red a couple times and the clip from E3 is shown where she yells at the captain "I will not allow you to leave THIS PLANET!!!!!!". This clip gives us an idea as to how her rampancy is progressing because at this point it seems as if she isn't going nut burgers crazy town, but rather as if shes using this power from rampancy to achieve her goals. I don't know much about the stages of rampancy so if someone could explain that to me a little that'd be really helpful, or maybe I should watch that episode of RvB again lol

This is a rather interesting idea, we are all hardcore Halo fans and we have seen a really close relationship between Chief and Cortana but was never dwelled into enough. If she becomes human then their relationship might get further, I personally don't mind a little love story in the game but without knowing the how good Hlo 4 might be I can't say 343 would be able to balance the game that defined first person shooter with a love story in it. Not to mention that if conrtana becomes human she might become a liability. This excites me even more, I LOVE HALO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!