Why Collector's Editions are the Way to Go

John-117

Why Collector’s Editions of Games are the way to go*

Hello everyone,

I know that times have been getting tough lately financially for many gamers around the world. Many people lately have been saying that collector’s editions of games have not been worth the money. They are wrong. Collector’s edition’s are just like pre-ordering future content for games that will release to the general public in the future. I will be using Halo 4 as an example. Halo 4 has a limited edition that costs around one-hundred dollars (not including tax.) Halo 4 includes many things and I will be going through each one and giving an estimated price per item.**

Game:

• Halo 4-$60

Media:

• Special featurette: Bringing gaming into reality-$5.00
  • In fiction content expanding on the characters and story of Halo 4-$5.00
  • Making of Forward Unto Dawn- $10.00
  • Special Edition of Forward Unto Dawn-$25.00

Downloadable Content:

• Unique in game Spartan IV Armor Skin-$2.00
  • Unique in game weapon skin for the Assault Rifle-$1.50
  • Exclusive in game emble-$1.00
  • War Games Map Packs- $30.00 (800 MS points each)
  • Six specializations-$10.00 (800 MS points)
  • Xbox Live Avatar Prop-$2.50 (240 MS points)
  • Xbox Live Avatar Spartan IV Armor-$4.00 (400 MS points)

Physical Content:

• UNSC Infinity briefing packet-$15.00

Total estimated amount:

$171.00 (not including tax)

As you can see, buying limited editions usually result in a large amount in savings!

Finish the fight,

John-117

*Please note, this is just subject of opinion.

**This is just an estimated amount, does not represent final/total amount

• Like 7

This is a great and absolutely true post. This is why every time there is a game that I really enjoy I grab myself a collectors edition. They are much more satisfying to pop in the Xbox and mess around with the cool stuff they give you. (Yes I'm talking about you replica Plasma Cutter)

John, my brother and I had the same logic. We added up all the numbers and came just about close to what you had. Then, on top of all that, people who buy the regular edition, most of the time, end up wanting something from the LE so bad they'd kill for it. Like all the people in Halo: Reach. My bro would punch the president in the face for a flaming helmet. Hence the reason we WILL get LE. And he now get's EVERYTHING Collector's Edition. It's a smart way to go, even if the price seems high.

John, my brother and I had the same logic. We added up all the numbers and came just about close to what you had. Then, on top of all that, people who buy the regular edition, most of the time, end up wanting something from the LE so bad they'd kill for it. Like all the people in Halo: Reach. My bro would punch the president in the face for a flaming helmet. Hence the reason we WILL get LE. And he now get's EVERYTHING Collector's Edition. It's a smart way to go, even if the price seems high.

Exactly! You save a lot of money in the long run! With the money saved, you could buy one standard edition game!

• Like 1