Why oh why!? This is not halo

ShadyBliss

Why can't you just keep halo as halo. This game was at its best in halo 3 :(..

Things that should not have been added:

The scan where you see people through walls - DAFUQ?

The names of the weapons on the map - DAFUQ? noob friendly

The gun sounds should not have been changed either - Sounds like toy guns =/

The new scoring? - It's always been 1 to 50 not 500.. serisouly? keep this stuff original

I'm going to get this game only to try it. But i will just refund my money 2 weeks down the line.

Imo.. i had the best fun playing Halo 3. Not sure if everyone would agree. Yeah some change is good but that's not halo.. its just some crap. Why fix an already fixed game?

P.s this will be the only post i post :P.. why come back to this thread, because i dont think 343 will read it anyway :P like most companies. Thanks for your input anyway.

We at 343 Industries know that many people feel this way. The Promethean Vision is not seeing through wall, it is like have a working visor like in firefight in Halo: Reach. They only show the names of weapons for weapon drops so people know what they are getting when they randomly drop. The guns sound better, you have to play the game to realize the beauty of the sounds. Also, the scoring is the way it is so we can reward, you the player, with more ways to earn points and XP for weapon drops, leveling up, etc. You must also remember this system is just for Infinity Slayer and other select game types. The matchmaking we are using will be stream line so we won't have the problem of lack of players for certain game types. Take slayer for example, we will have Slayer as a matchmaking type but in that will be many game types like, Infinity slayer, normal slayer, classic slayer, etc. I hope this helps change your perspective of Halo 4 some. If you have any questions, please contact me at my email or just PM me through this site.

Finish the fight,

John-117

• Like 6

Let me make something very clear here. If you do not agree with this or any other post give a decent and or polite reason why you do not or do not post in it. I have deleted three members posts from here and they know who they are. You do not want my attention.

John has offered an example of good posting. This is a Halo fan that does not like what he is seeing about Halo4. He has every right to voice his opinion with out being flamed. He liked Halo 3 and felt the new Halo should have been more like it, so be it.

• Like 5

Let me make something very clear here. If you do not agree with this or any other post give a decent and or polite reason why you do not or do not post in it. I have deleted three members posts from here and they know who they are. You do not want my attention.

John has offered an example of good posting. This is a Halo fan that does not like what he is seeing about Halo4. He has every right to voice his opinion with out being flamed. He liked Halo 3 and felt the new Halo should have been more like it, so be it.

why cant there just be one topic called "WHAT I DONT YOU LIKE ABOUT HALO 4?" and all complaints go there its just annoying how many topics there are on this.
  • Like 2

why cant there just be one topic called "WHAT I DONT YOU LIKE ABOUT HALO 4?" and all complaints go there its just annoying how many topics there are on this.

I agree. Somebody who knows a Mod start one and get it pinned so these same topics don't keep getting posted just about how Halo isn't Halo anymore. A lot of people seem to have this same opinion, but the same topics keep popping up. Most of these topics seem to be some of the OP's first posts. It seems like the people that have been with the Forum have more reasonable complaints (If they have any). To take care of this problem, this should be the title of the pinned thread to get their attention:

New to the Forum and don't like Halo 4? This is your Thread.

This would probably 'clean up' the Forum

I agree. Somebody start one and get it pinned so these same topics don't keep getting posted about how Halo isn't Halo anymore

It would just be a hate filled thread where everybody who likes what they see in H4 lurks to counter what other people say. It would get nowhere and it would start arguments. However once Halo 4 is released it could potentially be done in a "What would you like to see changed about Halo 4" thype thread.

"What don't you like about Halo 4" before the game is released is a recipie for disaster.

• Like 2

It would get nowhere and it would start arguments.

I think that this one giant pointless argue-center would be better than a million of these same topics being posted and being pointlessly argued over

Very good discussion can happen around two polar opposite opinions... so long as they can be mature about it.

I agree but these close-to-first-time posters make up a majority of these posts and a lot are just in the Forum to complain. To be honest that's what I did on my first one or two threads. Once I became familiar with it, I stopped and started contributing more positive threads. You don't see many older posters putting out these same arguments, and this would confine all of these similar posts to one giant thread.

( These forums need grammar check, lol, I always read my posts before I send them, but that's beside the point)

People need to see that that saying "don't complain until you've played it" doesn't work. If people didn't voice their concerns before something happened where would this world be. The US Congress wouldn't say they'll accept changing Americas current currency from the Dollar to Euros just because they haven't tried it, that's silly, they'd be against the idea because they don't think it's a good idea. Congress wouldn't wait for Americas economy to fail after doing it, then what they'd say "Oh well we didn't like it but at least we tried it first". Video Game companies ( like 343i) need people to voice their concerns about something before they release it, because while it's still in development they have the chance to change the game. Once a bad game has been released it's hard to undo the damage that has been done, fans will leave, and if they manage to salvage some money for a sequel, people will be to cautious to buy the game. No one wants to see their favorite video game series fail, and that's why they voice their concerns before it's released, not because they hate 343i, but because they love the video game series Halo.

• Like 1

( These forums need grammar check, lol, I always read my posts before I send them, but that's beside the point)

People need to see that that saying "don't complain until you've played it" doesn't work. If people didn't voice their concerns before something happened where would this world be. The US Congress wouldn't say they'll accept changing Americas current currency from the Dollar to Euros just because they haven't tried it, that's silly, they'd be against the idea because they don't think it's a good idea. Congress wouldn't wait for Americas economy to fail after doing it, then what they'd say "Oh well we didn't like it but at least we tried it first". Video Game companies ( like 343i) need people to voice their concerns about something before they release it, because while it's still in development they have the chance to change the game. Once a bad game has been released it's hard to undo the damage that has been done, fans will leave, and if they manage to salvage some money for a sequel, people will be to cautious to buy the game. No one wants to see their favorite video game series fail, and that's why they voice their concerns before it's released, not because they hate 343i, but because they love the video game series Halo.

But people voicing their concerns and flat out saying the game is going to be terrible are two different things entirely. "I don't know how this is going to work, I'm unsure about it" is one thing. "This is a horrible idea" is something completely different. There is a fine line between being concerned about a feature and downright saying it's going to be horrible, and most of these threads that are popping up are the latter of the two, that's what we're getting frustrated about. While your analogy of the US dollar vs the Euro is a decent one, it's not perfect.

As for people voicing their concerns, if they do it in a logical, well thought out way, we as a community are much more inclined to hear what they have to say. If a person is just stating what they hate, and not giving reasons why, we're not going to look at it the same way.

As for everybody stating "Wait until you've played it" - That is a valid comment for the OP. With a little less than 4 months until the release, they are not going to make major chances to the core gameplay. Right now they are in bug-fix mode so the game will be released and play as smoothly as possible, so voicing concerns now, while everybody is entitled to do so, won't change the game.

But people voicing their concerns and flat out saying the game is going to be terrible are two different things entirely. "I don't know how this is going to work, I'm unsure about it" is one thing. "This is a horrible idea" is something completely different. There is a fine line between being concerned about a feature and downright saying it's going to be horrible, and most of these threads that are popping up are the latter of the two, that's what we're getting frustrated about. While your analogy of the US dollar vs the Euro is a decent one, it's not perfect.

As for people voicing their concerns, if they do it in a logical, well thought out way, we as a community are much more inclined to hear what they have to say. If a person is just stating what they hate, and not giving reasons why, we're not going to look at it the same way.

As for everybody stating "Wait until you've played it" - That is a valid comment for the OP. With a little less than 4 months until the release, they are not going to make major chances to the core gameplay. Right now they are in bug-fix mode so the game will be released and play as smoothly as possible, so voicing concerns now, while everybody is entitled to do so, won't change the game.

I'm not speaking on behalf of the people bashing the game saying "The game will flat out fail", I'm speaking for the people trying to voice their concerns and opinions with orderly manner that are getting flammed by this community. I think part of the problem is the people in this community feel 343i is getting attacked and feel it's there responsibility to defend 343i, 343i has listened to this community a lot ( "sigh") and it's an okay thing the community wants to protect 343i, but flamming people like ShadyBliss that are just stating their opinion isn't right. I recently posted a topic on Ordinance Drop and got quadruple teamed, it was a polite debate until some realized I wasn't changing my opinion and started trying to insult me to the point that a moderator had to step in ( I was only stating an opinion). It turned from an informative debate into a persuasive one fast, instead of letting people come to their own conclusions about ideas, the community tends to get frustrated and try to force their view on others ( I still think Ordinance Drop is a bad idea). Saying "wait until you've played it" is not a valid argument, games have been taken back to be reviewed and changed within months of being released numerous times ( Mass Effect 3, Crysis, Duke Nukem Forever).

AGAIN! People, you haven't even played the game. If you can't stand the changes, shut up and don't buy the damn game. There is nothing you can't do. You either adapt or metaphorically die.

I'm not speaking on behalf of the people bashing the game saying "The game will flat out fail", I'm speaking for the people trying to voice their concerns and opinions with orderly manner that are getting flammed by this community. I think part of the problem is the people in this community feel 343i is getting attacked and feel it's there responsibility to defend 343i, 343i has listened to this community a lot ( "sigh") and it's a okay thing the community want to protect 343i, but flamming people like ShadyBliss that are just stating their opinion isn't right. I recently posted a topic on Ordinance Drop and got quadruple teamed, it was a polite debate until some realized I wasn't changing my opinion and started trying to insult me to the point that a moderator had to step in ( I was only stating an opinion). It turned from an informative debate into a persuasive one fast, instead of letting people come to their own conclusions about ideas, the community tends to get frustrated and try to force their view on others ( I still think Ordinance Drop is a bad idea). Saying "wait until you've played it" is not a valid argument, games have been taken back to be reviewed and changed within months of being released numerous times ( Mass Effect 3, Crysis, Duke Nukem Forever).

I know exactly which thread you're talking about, I've read through it a few times, and I just did so again. Now, here's the real issue, and it's nobody's fault, it's just human nature. You have your opinion and it's not willing to change, and other people have their opinions, that they aren't willing to change. There were plenty of good points brought up to counter your initial OP in that thread, but you always had a counter, and the counter was the same thing over and over again. This isn't a knock at you, we all do that. It boiled down to the same thing, though. "The more skilled player will perform better, and destroy the less skilled player." This argument is kind of flawed, because that is the truth in every Halo game, regardless of ordinance drops or not. Me and my friends aren't the greatest players in the world, we're decent. And yet, there was one game where we got destroyed 50 - 0 in Halo 3. Obviously, the more skilled players won, and they didn't have ordinance drops to play with either.

But that is all beside the point, and is completely off topic of this thread. The OP complains about the sound? Really? He's hearing the sound through who knows how many systems. It was played in Halo 4. It was transfered to Theater, it was saved to the computer, it was edited to show multiple points of view, and then it was reloaded. If they managed to keep the sound perfect through all of that, I'd be highly impressed. Or, you have the other option. It was being played live, somebody was recording it with their phone, and then uploaded. Of course the sound isn't going to be right. This is a pointless thing to complain about without playing the game. If he plays the game, and the sound is still horrible? Then yes, complain, complain, complain.

The "new scoring" point is strictly for Infinity Slayer, I believe. Not every playlist (somebody point me to a source, if I'm wrong.) So instead of counting 0 - 50 by incriments of 1, it now counts 0 - 500 in incriments of 10. Still 50 kills. *shrug* I don't see a big deal with this.

The names of the weapons on the map. Really? Really? This is a major problem with the game? It's frickin text, honestly. It's "noob friendly" - - I'm pretty sure this benefits all players, not just "noobs".

Now, the promethian vision, I can understand this one, it makes sense. It doesn't seem right for Halo. However, I can't judge if it's "bad" or "good" until I've played the game.

Edit: Also forgot to mention, this is all his opinion and he's entitled to it. Nothing is forcing him to buy or play the game if he doesn't want too.

Now, as for the post above me by P-1609, there's no need for that man. Chill out, he's allowed to voice his opinion if he doesn't like it. No need to get so defensive about a video game.

• Like 1

AGAIN! People, you haven't even played the game. If you can't stand the changes, shut up and don't buy the damn game. There is nothing you can't do. You either adapt or metaphorically die.

These type of comments are why i dont come to this site nearly as much as i used to
  • Like 2

All versions change with the times,somethings work somethings don't,the Devs won't satisfy everyone just like governments and it's always a freaky one when introducing new things into a standard run but they got to otherwise it will feel out of date with current standards.I'm glad they kept the reach run option,don'y you think it would suck if you couldn't sprint in a 2012 game?

Because this was already moderated it will stand, but either tone it down or don't post in a thread if you can't voice your opinion better than this.
  • Like 4

I know exactly which thread you're talking about, I've read through it a few times, and I just did so again. Now, here's the real issue, and it's nobody's fault, it's just human nature. You have your opinion and it's not willing to change, and other people have their opinions, that they aren't willing to change. There were plenty of good points brought up to counter your initial OP in that thread, but you always had a counter, and the counter was the same thing over and over again. This isn't a knock at you, we all do that. It boiled down to the same thing, though. "The more skilled player will perform better, and destroy the less skilled player." This argument is kind of flawed, because that is the truth in every Halo game, regardless of ordinance drops or not. Me and my friends aren't the greatest players in the world, we're decent. And yet, there was one game where we got destroyed 50 - 0 in Halo 3. Obviously, the more skilled players won, and they didn't have ordinance drops to play with either.

But that is all beside the point, and is completely off topic of this thread. The OP complains about the sound? Really? He's hearing the sound through who knows how many systems. It was played in Halo 4. It was transfered to Theater, it was saved to the computer, it was edited to show multiple points of view, and then it was reloaded. If they managed to keep the sound perfect through all of that, I'd be highly impressed. Or, you have the other option. It was being played live, somebody was recording it with their phone, and then uploaded. Of course the sound isn't going to be right. This is a pointless thing to complain about without playing the game. If he plays the game, and the sound is still horrible? Then yes, complain, complain, complain.

The "new scoring" point is strictly for Infinity Slayer, I believe. Not every playlist (somebody point me to a source, if I'm wrong.) So instead of counting 0 - 50 by incriments of 1, it now counts 0 - 500 in incriments of 10. Still 50 kills. *shrug* I don't see a big deal with this.

The names of the weapons on the map. Really? Really? This is a major problem with the game? It's frickin text, honestly. It's "noob friendly" - - I'm pretty sure this benefits all players, not just "noobs".

Now, the promethian vision, I can understand this one, it makes sense. It doesn't seem right for Halo. However, I can't judge if it's "bad" or "good" until I've played the game.

Edit: Also forgot to mention, this is all his opinion and he's entitled to it. Nothing is forcing him to buy or play the game if he doesn't want too.

Now, as for the post above me by P-1609, there's no need for that man. Chill out, he's allowed to voice his opinion if he doesn't like it. No need to get so defensive about a video game.

I quote, P-1609 - "There is nothing you can't do" ( lmao)

I don't want to go back to the Ordinance Drop Thread again, but I must say it was more based on how it will unbalance Halo and is similar to care packages, and etc. Not just skilled first versus less skilled, and I was repeatedly asked the same questions ( people didn't read the previous answers).

I too found some of ShadyBliss's concerns to be a bit silly, but I felt he still should not have been flammed like he was before for his post.

( It's discussions like these ( until P-1609 got involved) that make the forums an informative place)