Favorite Halo Quotes

I know that we're all well aware of the INCREDIBLY EPIC lines in all of the Halo games. Other games don't even compare to Chief's powerful one-liners or Johnson's sarcastic comments about the Covenant.

Which is why I want to know YOUR favorite quotes from any of the Halo games. It can be a sample from a sentence, or the entire sentence itself. Anything you guys thought was pretty epic, don't forget to mention who said it and/or which game in the franchise it was from. I'll start:

"Was I wrong....?"-Cortana, Halo 3

• "Men, we led those dumb bugs out to the middle of nowhere to keep 'em from gettin' their filthy claws on Earth. But, we stumbled onto somethin' they're so hot for, that they're scramblin' over each other to get it. Well, I don't care if it's God's own anti-son-of-a-***** machine, or a giant hula hoop, we're not gonna let 'em have it! What we will let 'em have is a belly full of lead, and a pool of their own blood to drown in! Am I right, Marines?" -Johnson's speech on Legendary.

• Like 1

Almost anything said by the prophets or by the gravemind tends to be a great example of writing. Here's a few that are almost poetic in rhythm and design that I love.

~ "You are one of our most treasured instruments. Long have you led your fleet with honor and distinction, but your inability to safeguard Halo was a colossal failure."

~ "With appropriate humility, we plied the Oracle with our questions, and it with clarity and grace has shown us the key.

~ "You will journey to the surface of the ring and retrieve this Sacred Icon. With it we shall fulfill our promise."

~ "This one's "containment"... and this one's "Great Journey" are the same. Your Prophets have promised you freedom from a doomed existence. But you will find no salvation on this ring. Those who built this place knew what they wrought. Do not mistake their intent, or all will perish as they did before."

These quotes are not epicly funny but they are great to me.

Johnson on ODST's firefight while throwing a nade.

"Only a man can do this!"

If you want my favorite serious line, it is the gravemind in Halo 2 and 3. These lines, I can't choose between.

"There is still time to stop the key from turning, but first it must be found."

"This is not your grave, but you are welcome in it."

"We exist together now, two corpses in one grave."

"Silence fills the empty grave, now that I have gone. But my mind is not at rest, for questions linger on. I will ask, and you will answer.

"Do not be afraid. I am peace; I am salvation."

"Now the gate has been unlatched, headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room, a fate you must abide!"

"Child of my enemy, why have you come? I offer no forgiveness, a father's sins, passed to his son."

I guess I should stop now, I have too many to put here...