Requiem Humans in Halo 4 Art?

NicoPorcaro

I am not too sure if this is old news (I apologize if that is the case), but a link over on HBO lead me to a few pieces by a man who created concept art for the live action trailer that aired at E3 before the live stage demo. The last image on the page is a concept piece which depicts a dark-skinned man who lacks any clothing save for a loin cloth. His right arm is raised and his hand is pressed to a downed portion of the Infinity's hull. Could this imply that there are humans (or other forms of humans) living on the interior of Requiem?

Concept Art Link http://www.jbachdesi...on-trailer.html

• Like 4

Thank you. I hope it hasn't been discussed already. If it has, someone please point me in the correct direction so I can be a part of the conversation. Otherwise, lets get talking. Who might they be? Judging by the fact that there is only one figure in the image, and it was supposedly going to be in the live action sequence, might he/she be a main character that tags along with the Master Chief throughout the campaign?

"This last image was for a concept in which an ancient technology sitting undisturbed for eons is finally discovered by a young native boy.

"

This caption was below that pick. Indicates to me that this is probably something occuring on Earth. Moreover, the object that the boy is reaching towards is not the Infinity. It does not resemble it in size, shape or style.

I was looking at it on my phone at work so I thought it might have been the debris from the Infinity crash. Elite Minor, nice observations I hand't even noticed the caption haha. I wonder if the scene in this particular trailer was to depict a past event or an event that takes place during Halo 4's timeline...

"This last image was for a concept in which an ancient technology sitting undisturbed for eons is finally discovered by a young native boy.

"

This caption was below that pick. Indicates to me that this is probably something occuring on Earth. Moreover, the object that the boy is reaching towards is not the Infinity. It does not resemble it in size, shape or style.

i noticed this too and found it very interesting. In halo wars, there was a dormant forerunner fleet inside of the shield world that the game took place on. This could insist that a forerunner fleet has been left untouched in Requiem and could greatly change the course of the campaign. Another theory is that a group of ancient humans(from the time of the forerunners) escaped to the shield world when the rings were fired and have lived there since. It says it is a native boy, so either humans have lived on Requiem, or this is a completely different planet. Now, i'm going to have to rethink all of my theories that i have come up with for the campaign

Maybe the Librarian managed to move more humans into Requiem after she was tricked by the Master Builder. But I doubt they would have lived so primitive like for 100,000 years.

Yeah, but you'd have to wonder what the local populace of promethean knights and other forerunner creations would do if they saw the humans on Requiem advancing technologically. They might see this as a threat to whatever they're meant to guard, and destroy the new technologies and/or kill the humans responsible. I would think that eventually the humans would notice that they get terrorized whenever they advance, and would stop doing so; hence, they would appear to be in a primitive state.

Yeah, but you'd have to wonder what the local populace of promethean knights and other forerunner creations would do if they saw the humans on Requiem advancing technologically. They might see this as a threat to whatever they're meant to guard, and destroy the new technologies and/or kill the humans responsible. I would think that eventually the humans would notice that they get terrorized whenever they advance, and would stop doing so; hence, they would appear to be in a primitive state.

The time frame is just so long though, if the Prometheans did kill the humans for advancing I think eventually they would just die out, either from the Prometheans or like in Primordian when that group of humans stopped breeding because they were scared of their children being taken to the Palace of Pain.

The time frame is just so long though, if the Prometheans did kill the humans for advancing I think eventually they would just die out, either from the Prometheans or like in Primordian when that group of humans stopped breeding because they were scared of their children being taken to the Palace of Pain.

The prometheans wouldn't necessarily have to kill them, just rough them up in order to get their point across.

If there are humans on requiem, then they would likely see the prometheans as gods, and would maintain a lower class of technology to appease them or whatever.

I kind of doubt that there will be humans on requiem, but it would be interesting to see what would happen if there are.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The debris hardly seems to resemble the Infinity though looks more forerunner. It says

"This last image was for a concept in which an ancient technology sitting undisturbed for eons is finally discovered by a young native boy."

as others have posted, so the time frame "undisturbed for eons" doesnt make sense. Maybe theres a flashback or some sort of tie in to how the forerunners literally put humans back into the stoneage.

Amazing find!

I doubt the human will tag along for the campaign, although maybe a piece of a mission where you will have to bring him to infinity.

Maybe he is just a marine that somehow survived falling of the infinity, i dunno, and has just been living rough.

We will find out soon.