white vs. black spartans in war games and custom games

Victory Element

there has always been a good variety of spartan colors thst can be used for custom games and in some multiplayer modes like multi team, but i would like to be able to use the two most basic colors: black and white. This topic is not meant to be racist in any way, but i just think it would be a cool idea. Maybe bungie has never put it in the halo games because it could possibly be a form of racism for many halo gamers?? i personally find black and white to be coolest colors for spartans and i would want to see them as opposing teams. Imagine a whole team of spartans that looked like the black and white chief with gold visor on the cover of CE anniversary edition! post some thoughts because i really want to hear some other opinions on this.

here are some pics also

white spartan

post-20993-0-07720500-1341562918.jpg

black spartan ( sorry i couldnt find a full body pic, best i could do)

post-20993-0-72683100-1341562964_thumb.jpg

more pics. i couldnt fit them on the first post

master_chief.jpgHalo_3_Spartan_by_Keablr.png

Racist isn't stating color, racism is making fun of the color.

ya i know, but i just wanted to point out that concern becasue some people take matters like that a little to seriously. I'm not going to get into the topic of racism though. This forum is for talking about halo but im glad that you understand my point

Because chess is so widely recognised as being a powder-keg of racial hatred.

Anyway, I'm not sure about this. On snowy maps, or laboratory-style maps with lots of white/off white areas, white team is going to have a massive advantage, especially if it's possible to customise visor colours. Black team gets the same bonus in very dark maps or poorly-lit areas. That's conferred not by skill, tactics, or knowledge of the maps, but simply by luck. Even in maps with equal parts bright and dark, there are still going to be individual areas where one team is going to get advantages over the other purely because they happened to spawn as the right colour.

I suppose it's potentially interesting for asymmetric gametypes (think of the fun you could have with making zombies harder to see on dark maps or snowy maps in Infection games, or for an Assault game on a snowy map where the attacking team have to deal with well-hidden opponents while being unusually visible themselves) but for regular, symmetric games, I can only really see this causing problems.

• Like 1

Racist isn't stating color, racism is making fun of the color.

This isn't about stating color, though. This is about two colors fighting.

Besides, I imagine one of the reasons they chose Red/Blue was because there were no camouflage differences (Like @RedStarRocket stated above).

• Like 1

Anyway, I'm not sure about this. On snowy maps, or laboratory-style maps with lots of white/off white areas, white team is going to have a massive advantage, especially if it's possible to customise visor colours. Black team gets the same bonus in very dark maps or poorly-lit areas. That's conferred not by skill, tactics, or knowledge of the maps, but simply by luck. Even in maps with equal parts bright and dark, there are still going to be individual areas where one team is going to get advantages over the other purely because they happened to spawn as the right colour.

I suppose it's potentially interesting for asymmetric gametypes (think of the fun you could have with making zombies harder to see on dark maps or snowy maps in Infection games, or for an Assault game on a snowy map where the attacking team have to deal with well-hidden opponents while being unusually visible themselves) but for regular, symmetric games, I can only really see this causing problems.

you do have a very good point, but i would be happy still if they only had it in custom games. It doesnt need to be a part of the regular multiplayer because it could cause some of the issues that you stated. I personally dont think it would give an immediate advantage to a certain team, i think it would take time for players to learn how to take advantage of their environments. But you do have a valid point

• Like 1

Who thinks chess is racist?

i can see a lot of people think this will cause a lot of problems. I guess its not something that should be implemented because of racism......unless there is a specific playlist called spartan chess(regular slayer with just different colors) so you know what you're getting into :thumbsup: but we know that wont happen. I would still want to this as an option in custom games though