mkava5

Halo 4 is going to be great. but I'm concerned for the offline players like me. most/ pretty much of all the armor unlocks will be only available through Xbox live. But what if there was a practice mode, let me explain. If there were computer controlled AI players in a new mode called practice. to make this fair you get like 25 % less credits then you would get playing competitive matches with real people. You would be able to change the difficulty like campaign for Noobs or even the most experienced players who want a challenge and practice there skills. I'm not talking about firefight this should be with AI Spartans from the campaign you should be aloud to have the same maps competitive Multiplayer would have. so no specific maps fro this game mode. if 343 reads this its a small price ti pay for some really great fun. for us offline players and some Noobs who cant get any kills on Xbox Live.

if you agree make a comment about this Idea.

You would be able to change the difficulty like campaign for Noobs or even the most experienced players who want a challenge and practice there skills. I'm not talking about firefight this should be with AI Spartans from the campaign you should be aloud to have the same maps competitive Multiplayer would have. so no specific maps fro this game mode.

I think what you're asking for here are 'bots', i.e. the same type of AI players you can fight in Black Ops or Gears of War or Star Wars Battlefront, right?

This is something that's been asked for before, and while it's a very good idea, Twinreaper has suggested that it's something that probably couldn't be done within the Halo engine. Basically, you'd need to hard-code orders for the AI players into every individual map and this would mean they quickly became very predictable - you also wouldn't be able to adjust game settings at all, and it would create huge amounts of lag when those maps were played online as the code would still be present and active even if there weren't any AI players active, or so I understand.

In short, it's a very good idea and something that I think pretty much everyone would like to see, but at least for Halo 4 it probably isn't going to happen.

• Like 1

you have firefight for that!!!

Not anymore, it isn't going to be in Halo 4.

Besides. 343 would get bombarded with complaints about them copying other games.

They're already getting that, and besides, this is something that doesn't affect gameplay at all unless you make a conscious choice to use it in a Custom Game setting.

...wait a second, idea. What if they set it so that in Multiplayer, if a player quits you get an AI bot to take their place? Its skill could be determined by the quitter's BPR, so that it performs at roughly the same level, keeping teams balanced.

...wait a second, idea. What if they set it so that in Multiplayer, if a player quits you get an AI bot to take their place? Its skill could be determined by the quitter's BPR, so that it performs at roughly the same level, keeping teams balanced.

That would seem to be pretty complicated in itself. If they wanted a decent system for that, 343 would have to have a separate bot for each level of BPR AND playtest them so that they perform adequately for that BPR, which is an approximation at best.