well basically here it is do u think that the flood should be in h4 whatsoever? personally i think that they should along with precursors. If you do think they should be in the game where? In spartan missions or in the campaign

WELL of course they should be in halo 4 they had been the enemies from the first game. I think they shuold be in:

Campaing: because we are in a forerunner world they can be a great problem.

Spartan misions: i dont know very much how they are but i think that they can make something.

firefight: like a sourvival zombie game. it can be great.

matchmaking. in inection gametype.

The Flood, for all intents and purposes, has been defeated. It was confirmed not to be in Halo 4. And if they do show up in Halo 5, it will most likely not be as we know it. From the Original Trilogy anyways. In what form would they appear? It's hard to say, but if the Precursors that fled our galaxy during the Forerunner-Precursor war return they may have more containers of the original powder substance that led to the creation of the Flood. And if they decided to use the powder on themselves then we could see possible creatures much like the Primordial. A Flood/Precursor hybrid. Hell. The whole Flood incident could very well have been a test the Precursors were conducting to find out the properties of that powder. Of course this speculation rests on the sole educated guess that the Precursors had anything to do with the ship that contained the powder. But with given evidence it should be safe to assume they did. However, until the last book in the Forerunner trilogy comes out, that should be taken with a grain of salt.

Anyways. My point is that the Flood forms we know will probably never be seen in the games again. BUT. I'm sure the Flood will be mentioned many times and possible new forms will be encountered at some point after Halo 4.

• Like 3

@01-171 Abased Eidolon

You have a very good point, but I wouldnt exactly say we will probably never see them again. I definitely see them coming back, just not anytime soon, depending on how Halo 4 ends, it is completely possible we will see them in 5 or 6. (And I mean in this in the forms that we know. And possibly in different forms, like you said)

The Flood, for all intents and purposes, has been defeated. It was confirmed not to be in Halo 4. And if they do show up in Halo 5, it will most likely not be as we know it. From the Original Trilogy anyways. In what form would they appear? It's hard to say, but if the Precursors that fled our galaxy during the Forerunner-Precursor war return they may have more containers of the original powder substance that led to the creation of the Flood. And if they decided to use the powder on themselves then we could see possible creatures much like the Primordial. A Flood/Precursor hybrid. Hell. The whole Flood incident could very well have been a test the Precursors were conducting to find out the properties of that powder. Of course this speculation rests on the sole educated guess that the Precursors had anything to do with the ship that contained the powder. But with given evidence it should be safe to assume they did. However, until the last book in the Forerunner trilogy comes out, that should be taken with a grain of salt.

Anyways. My point is that the Flood forms we know will probably never be seen in the games again. BUT. I'm sure the Flood will be mentioned many times and possible new forms will be encountered at some point after Halo 4.

The form we have come to know are still out there, Halo Wars is proof of that, and there are still some being held on the other rings. I wouldn't be surprised to see them come back and I wouldn't be disapointed either. But what I would like to see is a ODST style expansion where your a marine and your fighting the flood on a ship like the monalisa. Just make it super scary!!!!

The form we have come to know are still out there, Halo Wars is proof of that, and there are still some being held on the other rings. I wouldn't be surprised to see them come back and I wouldn't be disapointed either. But what I would like to see is a ODST style expansion where your a marine and your fighting the flood on a ship like the monalisa. Just make it super scary!!!!

Halo Wars took place 20 years before Halo: CE, so bringing it up is a moot point. Not to mention that the Flood infection was destroyed along with the shieldworld. And it is not known whether or not the Flood is held on each and every Halo. As so far it looks like there are none located on Installation 03, since it is ONI controlled now, however it is too early to say since Glasslands didn't go into detail about that Halo. some were brought to Installation 07 when it went rogue, and Installations 04 and 05 were the only two confirmed to host Flood research facilities, besides the Gas Mining facility. We also have to take into account that the Gravemind during the Original Trilogy most likely brought all the Flood he could en masse through the portal to the Lesser Ark to stop the firing of the Halo Array. so no. They're not still out there. The only way they'll be back is if another outbreak occurs, but I'm fairly certain that for that to happen the Precursors will have to appear at some point with more of the powder, or send it by way of another derelict ship.

in one of the halo novels, it was revealed that the Primordial was in fact a gravemind. so its possible that the flood and precursors are the same species. I have a theory that the Precursors are the most advanced form that flood could evolve to and they wiped out all life in the galaxy. Because they needed an energy source, they created the forerunners who eventually rebelled. the precurosors probably made the powder as a safeguard to the survival of their species. After the precurosrs were wiped out, the flood that we currently know came from the powder. The different varieties of the flood that we know are probably stages in the evolution of their species

• Like 1

The flood are not to be in the Halo 4 campaign... I would imagine they would make an apperance in Spartan Ops and I'd put my money on them being the focus of the Legendary ending.

They are one of the most formidible enemies in video game history remember. They won't be forgotten about that easily.

:)