Is the Halo franchise expanding like Star Wars did?

WonderWombat

What I mean is that nothing has affected the media like Star Wars ever. They have their movies, many video games, tons of books, toys, and other things. Also everyone knows about Star Wars to the point that it is "crazy" when someone hasn't heard of it.

Now Halo has had a fair first ten years in the video game industry. But recently they have just done so much with the series. They have confirmed 3 more games, have plans for at least 4 more books, a somewhat diverse toy series, now there will be a web series, and Frank even said they will make a movie when the time is right.

So does this seem like a situation which could make Halo some super loved media thingy like Star Wars and leave a lasting impact like Star Wars did?

Just because Halo is expanding their franchise doesn't make it any similar to Star Wars. I don't see your argumentation here.

Typically things in the entertainment buisness will stay with whay they are comfortable with and sometimes try to do something else. Where Halo is trying to expand into so many kinds of entertainment. The only thing that I can think of that succrssfully uses so many types of entertainment is Star Wars.

Now it would depend on the success of the franchise on the next several years, but I think if it is really successful there is a chance the franchise will become somewhat as influential as Star Wars was/is.

Nah. Any franchise can be a big deal and effect people, thats hardly what defines the Franchise. Are LOTR or Harry Potter trying to be like Star Wars simply beacuse they try to be a big deal?

What defines the thing is, you know, the thing itself, not people's reaction to it.

Halo will always remain first and formost a video game. But because of recent failures of Star Wars games, Halo could easily become the largest Sci-fi game series out there, and have to expand into other areas that Many Halo fans have been dying for(web series and hopefully a GOOD movie).

From the beginning, at least from the senior standpoint,.Star Wars was an emotional rollercoaster. The whole.dynamic of the atory mixed with the drama tbat unfolded really got to me. That being said, a completely different generation is what catapultex Star Wars to the fame it has. Had Star Wars been released in the 90's it would not have jad the same effect or appeal. This can be seen by the slump of the prequels they did. Star Wars was released at the right time, and prospered. I have no doubt that once Halo makes the leap.at its own right time... that it may share a similar destiny.

PS... I still cry in Jedi when Yoda dies...to this very day. And dont get started on Vadars cremation. The music alone and dark.atmosphere just make it a tear jerker... yeah... Im a *****.

What I mean is that nothing has affected the media like Star Wars ever. They have their movies, many video games, tons of books, toys, and other things. Also everyone knows about Star Wars to the point that it is "crazy" when someone hasn't heard of it.

Now Halo has had a fair first ten years in the video game industry. But recently they have just done so much with the series. They have confirmed 3 more games, have plans for at least 4 more books, a somewhat diverse toy series, now there will be a web series, and Frank even said they will make a movie when the time is right.

So does this seem like a situation which could make Halo some super loved media thingy like Star Wars and leave a lasting impact like Star Wars did?

I actually got into this thread thinking that thought Halo 4 was similar to the Star Wars games. They are obviously two different titles, and YES I do believe that Halo will have a lasting impact on society, but not to the degree Star Wars has had for many years.

Halo will always remain first and formost a video game. But because of recent failures of Star Wars games, Halo could easily become the largest Sci-fi game series out there, and have to expand into other areas that Many Halo fans have been dying for(web series and hopefully a GOOD movie).

Halo is the best sci-fi game its only compotition is Mass Effect and maybe starcraft.

Halo is the best sci-fi game its only compotition is Mass Effect and maybe starcraft.

I agree that Starcraft is a great game but I wouldn't really say Mass Effect is that big of a compition to the Halo series anymore judging from the reaction to the third games ending, it was terrible. Still a good series. Anyways I do beleive that Halo will become the Sci-fi series everyone will be talking about in the next few years if not earlier.

First, I personally agree with some others, this is a very misleading post. The title does not match with the subject, and this really doesnt belong in the Halo 4 section, because its not really about Halo 4. Its about the comparison of Halo to Star Wars.

Therefor, I understand the basics of what you are trying to say, but what does it matter if 343 is trying to make Halo last longer and expand outwards? It is a great series and people cannot wait to see how the story will continue. I dont see anything wrong with expanding Halo to the point where "if you havent heard of it, people would think you are crazy."