Please answer if you want to see Halo 2 live on  

16 members have voted

1. 1. How would you like to see Halo 2 continue?

• Through a low cost/free XBLA (Xbox Live Arcade) multiplayer only untouched Halo 2 port.
    • Through a multiplayer map pack in Halo Combat Evolved (in a reach playlist with all Halo 2 maps)
    • Through a full retail release similar to Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary (with remastered Halo 2 multiplayer, not a Reach or Halo 4 playlist)
    • As an extension to Halo: Combat Evolved on the Xbox games on demand
    • Through a low cost/free XBLA (Xbox Live Arcade) single player only singleplayer Halo 2 with the 3 levels that were cut from the original Halo 2 due to time constraints

For many of us Halo Combat Evolved was the reason you bought your Xbox in the first place, for many more halo 2 was the reason you subscribed to Xbox Live. On April 15, 2010 all original Xbox Live title's servers were taken down. 1 week ago was the two year mark since anyone has legitimately played Halo 2 on Xbox live servers. 343 has already taken the initiative to remake Halo: Combat Evolved, the birth of the halo series and, depending on who you talk to, the selling point of the original Xbox. Perhaps 343 and Microsoft can release Halo 2 in November 2012. To commemorate the ten year anniversary of Xbox Live. Depending on the popularity of this thread, the answer you choose in this poll and the amount of 343 and Microsoft associates who see this, it may not be as unrealistic as it may seem. So please, I urge you to answer this poll and give this thread as much attention as possible

Love,

The abominable hoe man

Well while I'm all for being able to play Halo 2 online again, I feel that if 343 industries were to try making more side games it might have a discernible effect on the quality of the new Halo games. They should just repackage the original halo 2 for the 360 and bring it back online.

Also this is a very popular thread topic

:)

• Like 1

Well while I'm all for being able to play Halo 2 online again, I feel that if 343 industries were to try making more side games it might have a discernible effect on the quality of the new Halo games. They should just repackage the original halo 2 for the 360 and bring it back online.

Also this is a very popular thread topic

:)

I am aware of the the fact that this is a popular poll topic (thank you for pointing it out though :smiling: ) but I believe that Having a well written topic was needed and I, as far as I know, was the only to point out that Xbox Live was started in November of 2002. If you have not done so already, please take the time to answer the poll.

This would be pretty cool but do you guys think it should be H4s multiplayer engine or have its own. Honestly I probably would be on the H4 engine. And it would take a lot of work to get this project done so we will see.

I don't know what engine they would make it in :) They look at their forums so why not just vote in the poll?

• 2 weeks later...

Halo 2 does not need to be remade and probably won't be. They only made Halo CEA because Halo CE was the first halo game. Remaking Halo 2 would be a waste of time.

Honestly your kd is .92. You have played less than 500 games, you have no say in this. Halo 2 was the best halo to date. I would much rather have halo 2 online again then halo 4.

Honestly your kd is .92. You have played less than 500 games, you have no say in this. Halo 2 was the best halo to date. I would much rather have halo 2 online again then halo 4.

You think that I don't have a say because I haven't been a long time player? That 's no reason to discriminate against someone. While you may think that Halo 2 was the best Halo many people don't. And I'm sure that most people want Halo 4 rather than Halo 2. Even if they do remake Halo 2 then it probably won't get it's own Live servers.