What Halo 4 should and should NOT have.

Dominator

Halo 4 should be a remake of Halo 3, i could pay billions for that game... but seriously, they need to take out AA's, transformers custom outfits, the MOTHERF**KING Bloom and definitely put the Halo 3 rank, MY Little BR with the 4 shots, bunny jumping, fix the beatdowns (halo 3 beatdowns), Halo 3 medals (reach ones were ugly as hell). All this to make the game more competitive and different to the other games that just were made to making money.

Halo Reach is fun, but not the way a halo game should be, for me MLG is Halo and I need that competitive game back. I really miss when you jump with the sniper and connect a headshot and get some cool multikills... :c

Seriously now i'm playing Halo 3 till Halo 4 is finally released, and i'm hoping not to get back to halo 3 this time.

sorry, but have you guys seen how many people play our game? have you seen how many play CoD? yes cod does not inovate and yes there fans are stupid, but our fans are not. im sorry but our fans got up and left, 20-30 thousand left reach and moved to halo 3, and the others either left gaming, or worst hjust straight up switched games, i personally know alot of halo fans that were diehard,they all moved to the gears franchise, and no i have no problem with GoW but really? we all know that halo is better, so obviously if diehard halo fans are leaving, there is somthing wrong with halo. and im sorry again but there are very few who like AA's and if you do, your out numbered dude. so dont try to fight it, the voice of the community hates AA's and it has been proven, and here is a good fact to prove it, we have a max of 160K ppl daily right? did you know halo reach has sold over 10 Million copies? and that black ops has only sold 7 million since release? so how is it we have less players? because the ppl who bought reach LEFT for a reason. we only have to blame AA's for this, they did **** up on other minor things, and there are problems with the story canon for the campagin. I can say for myself and many other fans from the old halo days from begining till now and even those kids who started with halo 3, alot of us all say AA's would be stupid!!! jesus i mean no offense to others who disagree but its soooo simple, halo 4 without AA,s hundreds of thousands of fans come back,halo 4 with AA,s we stay at 160K a day, and probbly will lose that to, i imagine 100K would be our max with AA,s in halo 4. im sorry but this is true, and we would also loose MLG possibley, what if all this stuff with AA,s affects our baby the BR? you all know she could be coming back, do you really want to loose your 4 shot kill to some ***** ass armor lock kid? no i dont so no i dont want FREAKING AA's in halo 4, end of story no questions asked.

now with ALL that said there are other problems that could face halo 4 because of its predecessor Halo:Reach. the other big topic is the god dam melee system and fall damage system, first off the melee system is so broken its not even funny, if i get rushed by a 12 year old and his shields are almost down because i shot him 3 times but he was to close to get the last 2 shots off and i have to melee him and im 1 shot so one hit kills me, i excpect to be able to counter the melee rusher by killing him with my gun butt like all halo games, um yeah no NOT I REACH! haha yeah that sysytem is stupid please go BACK! and for fall damage, its not to big, but i mean come on, if halo were ment to be on the dot realistc, then it would not be that fun. so please take that out, its not going to affect anything really, and you can just say spartan 2s can take more of a fall than a spartan 3 can, problem solved!

next is the all mighty forge, im sorry some might like forge world but i do not. please wait before you wig on me for this, listen 1st. forge world is a great idea, but they did not pull it off the right way. think about it, foundary in halo 3 was small but could be maximized to the full map, which made AWSOME maps for all, even the beasts at MLG. but with forge world you get more space to "forge" but not enough stuff to maximize this space, you can make a amazingly forged map that is complex and fun, but it is still esentially the same size as foundary. so what was the point of the rest? that is my point. not to mention the same scenery over and over. its jsut old guys, it really is. i say if they were to have made three worlds, one human,one the way it is, and the other covy. and that would help the scenery problem, also give us a better budget, that would help alot for size. otherwise take it out completely please.

Another thing is the 1 person in theater lobbys, it needs increase, seriously put it to at least 2, i want to show my friends badass clips without having to upload it to my fileshare.

as for fileshare they need to fix it, dont put the reach fileshare in, just for the meer fact halo 3 fileshare was much more organized. i dont care if it looks identical to H3 or it looks cooler, but make it the 1-24 slots for puting things in, instead of the randomness of what you gave us in halo reach.

next would have to be the armor, i personolly strongly disagree with the armor they put in halo reach, then again they were spartan 3s and not spartan 2s, but still its not they pure fact of there armor not being shiny, i just feel a spartan would not look like a normal marine, spartans would have cool chest pieaces like in halo 3 with interesting designs instead of halo reach with grenades and other things you would think an ODST or marine would have. sorry personal opinion, thats not the biggest of issues though.

next is loadouts, not a huge problem, but they help with AA's and AA's are TERRABLE. Im sorry but they are not all that great, but its not to huge, i wouldnt mind them for certain gametypes, but for MLG,or normal team slayer its a no. nuff said.

next would have to be somthing VERY small, mainly because you would have to be an idiot to do what im about to say, dont put in custome characters for cutscenes or gamplay for the campagin. dont do it, its not right for the master cheif. but theres no worry since i dont think frank would do that to the master chief.

What I would add is dedicated servers, this is somthing that halo needs, look at GoW 2 and 3, those games never lag and theres no such thing as host connection and lag switching! DEDICATED SERVERS FOR HALO! lol we need to go around ranting that to 343i untill they say ok! haha

next I would want up to 32 players for customs(this would only happen with dedicated servers!) and have one MP gametype have 32 online, i want invasion to have it. when you think about it you will have one matchmaking gametype with multipule people and always have up to 32 for any type of custome game weather it be big team, objective, or infection! agree with me or not, i still hope to god it happens!(not to mention machinimas would be beast with 32 players in a game)

Make elites have customizing armor like spartans! that would be great, and also make them playable in all matchmaking gametypes! its easy to solve the problem of balance for invasion elites VS normal playing elites. all you have to do is make the settings for the elites stronger in invasion but the same as spartans for normal games like BTB or TS or MLG. problem solved and millions are happy! haha.

Here is something new from "Emo Kitten 32":"well i like the CR system but Cr should only buy armor and exp should rank you up" I personaly agree to a certain extent with Emo. this would be interesting, they could still use they same system for gaining Cr like in reach, but use the halo 3 system for ranks, so you do horrible and get 0 exp, but get 500 Cr,you do great in a game get 1exp and get 1000 Cr. this is just one idea, for me personaly i would have to say some armor gets bought but the good ones have to be earned by ranks or achevments. personal opinion!

Here is something new from "John-117":"You need to add dedicated servers, it will cause no lag and will help increase player cap for the game!" I agree take out the old servers and put in some dedicated ones for god sakes, thats somthing ALL halo games since halo 2 have gotten wrong. NEW SERVERS!!! NOW!

Here is something new from me: "What if Sprint and Evade were made as just buttons?"now let me explain, i know AA's are gay and ruined alot of the core things that made halo what it is. but those two AA's are not bad. lets say your playing big team in halo4 and lets say they use the halo 3 system so you can be elite or spartan, the spartan can sprint and thats his advantage for geting places quick, and the elite can escape death which is his advantage. so it still adds spice to the gameplay, but not so much spice to the game that it ruins the flavor!(haha love my food refrence?)

Here is something new from "master marix":"what do you think of loadouts? But each should have the same weapons and grenades not including covenant versions for elites but the point of the load out would be to either to choose sprint or evade. But possibly you can only chose one and the one you pick at the beging of the game is the one you stay with. But SPRINT or EVADE ONLY not the other AA junk like you have hated as well.Unless you think they could mix both togeather in one control. (Mabey holding the walking analog and then the sprint/evade button makes you sprint and quickly slashing the analog to the left, right, or back and hitting the spring/evade button also, will make you evade to the left or right or backwards but sprint can only be activated by puching forward and hitting Sprint/evade and then you can control the sprint in any direction facing forward.This would then take out the reason for loadouts." this i somewhat agree with and this is his exact words and its a bit confusing and complecated to read, but i do agree to a limit, i find loadouts are not nessesary to have though, making them buttons is fine, and the way i see it is they keep it the same button as AA's in reach but there not called AA's there called SPRINT and EVADE! haha

Here is something new from "rafter":"ADS,

dust (real dust, try playing blowing up a grenade in BC2. the dust risen prevents you from seeing anything)

Destroyable environment (like BC2)

bigger maps with space battles (id doesn't necessarily mean sabres fighting each other, rather one team picking up pelicans and landing in the hangar of the other team's ship)

and, of course, all vehicles on forge, plus forgable environment, changing the colors and shape of stuff and forgable firefight." I read this and I belive your head is in the right area but destruction to me is a no, think about it for a second....if we had that, halo is a game for nade placement power wepons and percision shots, that does not match up to large warfare, not to mention in halo the rocket launchers and nade spaming would wipe out the map within the first 5 minutes, then cover and skill go out the window its a straight up firefight! lol what i do like is forgeable firefight, thats great idea, and realisticness were dirt sprays in your face and covers your HUD for a second or two to blurr your vision, i like were your thinking. but I think that it would be horrable for it to turn a whole 180 into a large warfare game. just opinion.

Here is somthing new from "Halo 123 PSAT":"halo4 should have a love plot with the cheif" I belive that if they brought kelly they could swing that, but theres no other girl that the chief would fit with. haha. but it could be interesting to see this idea put in.

Here is somthing new from "Reptar":"Halo 4 shouldn't have any stolen ideas and should have its own fantastic original ideas." I agree with him 100% but i want to see old halo ideas, nothing else but halo ideas. other than that new interesting halo only ideas are GREAT!

right now i can not think of anything else, but feel free to add to my post, and i will edit it later on, i will copy and paste and put down who thought of the idea! let me know what your thoughts are on my stuff and like i said add what you think should and should NOT be in Halo 4.

Thank you for reading

they should have the Halo 2 clan system

Halo 4 should be a remake of Halo 3, i could pay billions for that game... but seriously, they need to take out AA's, transformers custom outfits, the MOTHERF**KING Bloom and definitely put the Halo 3 rank, MY Little BR with the 4 shots, bunny jumping, fix the beatdowns (halo 3 beatdowns), Halo 3 medals (reach ones were ugly as hell). All this to make the game more competitive and different to the other games that just were made to making money.

Halo Reach is fun, but not the way a halo game should be, for me MLG is Halo and I need that competitive game back. I really miss when you jump with the sniper and connect a headshot and get some cool multikills... :c

Seriously now i'm playing Halo 3 till Halo 4 is finally released, and i'm hoping not to get back to halo 3 this time.

I used your idea check the bottom

Here are some popular ideas

IF ANYONE HAS A LINK TO A GREAT IDEA, PLACE IT HERE!!!!!!!!!!

Full Effrect Invasion:

This is a list of the ideas I belive wold make a gametype so god that COD will be blown off its throne. Please ass your own ideas, even if you think its too crazy too work. Halo was made through ideas thought to be the same.Too crazy to work. But they did...

1. Have maps that span both space and land.If I am needed to attack a cruser to save my objective, I can grab a pelican and some buddys and overload its engines.Or if my job is to defend it until it can glass the objective, that can happen. Add drop pods as well.

2. Two sided winning. If there is a ship attacking let the defenders attack it andtake it out and reversing the fight. But give the attackers one last chancrtoturn battle around.This would cause an unparelled realizm to the combat, as if it was happening.

3. AI integreated gamplay. This would let you have such a huge map without lag and it would add a better effect to it. I would love fighting with hunters and ODST online. This would hopefully be the thing that lets you put in phantoms, pelicans, scarbs and everything else.

4.Realistic objectives. Add in things that would happen in the halo universe. Forerunner objectives, such as shield barriers like the ones in Halo 3's mission "The Covenant". Ships like Forward Unto Dawn, of realistic saze and interactions. Let the Covenant use glassing beams and the UNSC use MAC cannons to distroy objectives. If I have to press a button to activate something in campagin, shouldn't I do it online? I press RB and my character moves his/her hand and presses it. Thats all I can think of. in this catigory. Pkease add on.

5.Custom Maps for this gametype need to be ground up, like in custom edition. Have things such as a cruser in the spawning index. Let it be some be senery, to make it look likea fleet, and others be realistic and have full acsess, as if it was realy there.Let players be able to make anything that was seen in the campaigns. If I want to recreate the mission "The Ark" pebble for pebble ans have the same interations (the

Dawn coming from space for example) I could, but with online play.Make the building and moving doors be apart of the spawn index. I recommend using different section to store everything in, so I can find theoption to spawn it in the "forerunner buildings" section. Please no budget, Its too hard to add deatils with limited Budget. Players have always said that the maps madein custom edition were the best in existance.

6.Lighting, weather and nature. If I want a that is in the night, I can do it. Also let the weather effect combat. (wind that effects sniping, but the SCOUT armor varient can tell you where to shoot.) If the SPARTAN program was real the armor woud tell the soilder EVERYTHING about his enviroment. Plus, random indigios animals would add more realism to the battlefield.If possable add in waves,storms and lightning that can kill you, but hardly ever have it happen.

7. Highly interactive maps. If Iwanto place a bomb behind me in the ship to take out a few enemys, I can ram it into the wall. If I want to jam a door until it is distroyed I can shoot the control panel. If I wat to make a barrrier I can. PS, make most parts of a map destroyable that way a bomb going off will behave realisticly and if its in the wall next to space, stuff ( including plays and AI) will get sucked into space.But put in emergency doors that close,so not everything gets distroyed. Also have hidden air ducts so you can sneak to the objective.

That all I can think of. Please Add on to this thank you and God Bless America

BraverKING514

(If you people reading this agree with me, then Email this to 343, please, for the sake :idea: of Halo, do it.)

if you are reading this, put this in your game! DO NOT FALL INTO THE TRAP BUNGIE DID! I've checked and these are the most popular ideas that the fans want to see in your games. I understand that some might not be possilbe, but that is what made Halo great to begin with. It took the idea of a video and redefined it. It made everyone who played it go "holy ****" and other game companies cry like little babys. Halo was the top dog, the one to beat. Bungie made the mistake of not continually changing the idea ofa video game, exept in the storyline, and so they abandonded what made Halo so great. Please,for the sake of the millions of Halo fans, keep the Halo 1 mentality. Blow the game outof perportion! Place these and what else you think of into your game and Halo shalretake its old title, wher if you arn't obbsessed with it you will look like a dumba**.

1. Put all of the campagin things into the online on huge maps. Pelicans, Phantoms, Scrabs, AA Wraths, Ect.

2. Put in armor that needs only achements (make a few hard like Hyabusa in Halo 3). Also have some that need cr and achements or cr and rank.

3. Have each armor piece effect you. EOD protects against explosions, but slows you down. CQB protects against shotguns and improves energy sword deflects. Make the knife an attachment that improves hand to hand (and assassinations). Also, many people want custom armor.( don't know how that would work, but it would be sweet and I'm sure that 343 can do it.)

4. Forgable Firefight maps. Taking custom games to a whole new level.

5. Flood AI gametype. Somthing to make COD shove "Zombies" up its... you get the point. Also make it possable to win, hard but beatable.

6. Ground up forging. You can choose the terrain bulidings/ships (people want online space battles, connected to the ground if possible.) Thes style should be custom as well. (Covanant, Human, Flood, Forerunner and whatever else you guys have in store.)This includes firefight. It would be amazing to havea grunt filled Rupe Goldburg machine.

7.AI integrated online play. For example, take Invasion, add AI's to both sides ( hunters, grunts, brutes, marines, ODST's, everything)aqnd let them be able to pick up objectives (bombs, Data cores, Ect.) and fullfill them like a player would.

8.First person options for vehicles. (I've always wondered what splatered grunt juice looks like on your visor)

9. Weapon inprovements. (supressors, sights that allow for headshots onguns such as the AR, and other thing that you can think of.)

10. Custom Campagin. Let custom maps have theatrics and campain stlye objective the cam be limked so players can make their own story.

11. Larger maps will need larger teams. My friends have sugested 24-32 players. Even more if you decide to link air and land battles.

12. In field weapon and vehicle customization/improvements. Also ground up vehicles in forge would be a god send.

13. 1st Person Presentaion. Halo's stroy is the best I've yet seen. If you keep the actions the Cheif does in first person, this little touch will add a lot of epic effect to it. To bring back Halo you must blow Battlefield 3 out ofthe water. Remember, they have only Earth. You have an ENTIRE galaxy AND the Forerunners! With a different graphics engine and better presentaion of cinimatics you will have spawned a game that truly gives justice to the Halo franchiseand will leavean ipression on the hearts of millions.

14. have destroyable bulidings and ships. That way, if I want to make an assult map that has its target in a buliding, so when the bomb goes it collapses on itself, it can happen. (Make this an OPTION, that way you can have both!)

15. Improve the music!!! Halo 3 and Halo3 ODST's music sent chills down my spine. Reach's not so much, many other others agree. (Are you going to get Martin O'Donall and Salvitorie (forgot his name) to make the music again? I think they're the best pair sence Cheif and Cortona.

I hope you find this advice helpful, for I've worked many hours finding this information out. I do pray you use it and get Halo back on its feet.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Here are some popular ideas

IF ANYONE HAS A LINK TO A GREAT IDEA, PLACE IT HERE!!!!!!!!!!

Full Effrect Invasion:

This is a list of the ideas I belive wold make a gametype so god that COD will be blown off its throne. Please ass your own ideas, even if you think its too crazy too work. Halo was made through ideas thought to be the same.Too crazy to work. But they did...

1. Have maps that span both space and land.If I am needed to attack a cruser to save my objective, I can grab a pelican and some buddys and overload its engines.Or if my job is to defend it until it can glass the objective, that can happen. Add drop pods as well.

2. Two sided winning. If there is a ship attacking let the defenders attack it andtake it out and reversing the fight. But give the attackers one last chancrtoturn battle around.This would cause an unparelled realizm to the combat, as if it was happening.

3. AI integreated gamplay. This would let you have such a huge map without lag and it would add a better effect to it. I would love fighting with hunters and ODST online. This would hopefully be the thing that lets you put in phantoms, pelicans, scarbs and everything else.

4.Realistic objectives. Add in things that would happen in the halo universe. Forerunner objectives, such as shield barriers like the ones in Halo 3's mission "The Covenant". Ships like Forward Unto Dawn, of realistic saze and interactions. Let the Covenant use glassing beams and the UNSC use MAC cannons to distroy objectives. If I have to press a button to activate something in campagin, shouldn't I do it online? I press RB and my character moves his/her hand and presses it. Thats all I can think of. in this catigory. Pkease add on.

5.Custom Maps for this gametype need to be ground up, like in custom edition. Have things such as a cruser in the spawning index. Let it be some be senery, to make it look likea fleet, and others be realistic and have full acsess, as if it was realy there.Let players be able to make anything that was seen in the campaigns. If I want to recreate the mission "The Ark" pebble for pebble ans have the same interations (the

Dawn coming from space for example) I could, but with online play.Make the building and moving doors be apart of the spawn index. I recommend using different section to store everything in, so I can find theoption to spawn it in the "forerunner buildings" section. Please no budget, Its too hard to add deatils with limited Budget. Players have always said that the maps madein custom edition were the best in existance.

6.Lighting, weather and nature. If I want a that is in the night, I can do it. Also let the weather effect combat. (wind that effects sniping, but the SCOUT armor varient can tell you where to shoot.) If the SPARTAN program was real the armor woud tell the soilder EVERYTHING about his enviroment. Plus, random indigios animals would add more realism to the battlefield.If possable add in waves,storms and lightning that can kill you, but hardly ever have it happen.

7. Highly interactive maps. If Iwanto place a bomb behind me in the ship to take out a few enemys, I can ram it into the wall. If I want to jam a door until it is distroyed I can shoot the control panel. If I wat to make a barrrier I can. PS, make most parts of a map destroyable that way a bomb going off will behave realisticly and if its in the wall next to space, stuff ( including plays and AI) will get sucked into space.But put in emergency doors that close,so not everything gets distroyed. Also have hidden air ducts so you can sneak to the objective.

That all I can think of. Please Add on to this thank you and God Bless America

BraverKING514

(If you people reading this agree with me, then Email this to 343, please, for the sake :idea: of Halo, do it.)

if you are reading this, put this in your game! DO NOT FALL INTO THE TRAP BUNGIE DID! I've checked and these are the most popular ideas that the fans want to see in your games. I understand that some might not be possilbe, but that is what made Halo great to begin with. It took the idea of a video and redefined it. It made everyone who played it go "holy ****" and other game companies cry like little babys. Halo was the top dog, the one to beat. Bungie made the mistake of not continually changing the idea ofa video game, exept in the storyline, and so they abandonded what made Halo so great. Please,for the sake of the millions of Halo fans, keep the Halo 1 mentality. Blow the game outof perportion! Place these and what else you think of into your game and Halo shalretake its old title, wher if you arn't obbsessed with it you will look like a dumba**.

1. Put all of the campagin things into the online on huge maps. Pelicans, Phantoms, Scrabs, AA Wraths, Ect.

2. Put in armor that needs only achements (make a few hard like Hyabusa in Halo 3). Also have some that need cr and achements or cr and rank.

3. Have each armor piece effect you. EOD protects against explosions, but slows you down. CQB protects against shotguns and improves energy sword deflects. Make the knife an attachment that improves hand to hand (and assassinations). Also, many people want custom armor.( don't know how that would work, but it would be sweet and I'm sure that 343 can do it.)

4. Forgable Firefight maps. Taking custom games to a whole new level.

5. Flood AI gametype. Somthing to make COD shove "Zombies" up its... you get the point. Also make it possable to win, hard but beatable.

6. Ground up forging. You can choose the terrain bulidings/ships (people want online space battles, connected to the ground if possible.) Thes style should be custom as well. (Covanant, Human, Flood, Forerunner and whatever else you guys have in store.)This includes firefight. It would be amazing to havea grunt filled Rupe Goldburg machine.

7.AI integrated online play. For example, take Invasion, add AI's to both sides ( hunters, grunts, brutes, marines, ODST's, everything)aqnd let them be able to pick up objectives (bombs, Data cores, Ect.) and fullfill them like a player would.

8.First person options for vehicles. (I've always wondered what splatered grunt juice looks like on your visor)

9. Weapon inprovements. (supressors, sights that allow for headshots onguns such as the AR, and other thing that you can think of.)

10. Custom Campagin. Let custom maps have theatrics and campain stlye objective the cam be limked so players can make their own story.

11. Larger maps will need larger teams. My friends have sugested 24-32 players. Even more if you decide to link air and land battles.

12. In field weapon and vehicle customization/improvements. Also ground up vehicles in forge would be a god send.

13. 1st Person Presentaion. Halo's stroy is the best I've yet seen. If you keep the actions the Cheif does in first person, this little touch will add a lot of epic effect to it. To bring back Halo you must blow Battlefield 3 out ofthe water. Remember, they have only Earth. You have an ENTIRE galaxy AND the Forerunners! With a different graphics engine and better presentaion of cinimatics you will have spawned a game that truly gives justice to the Halo franchiseand will leavean ipression on the hearts of millions.

14. have destroyable bulidings and ships. That way, if I want to make an assult map that has its target in a buliding, so when the bomb goes it collapses on itself, it can happen. (Make this an OPTION, that way you can have both!)

15. Improve the music!!! Halo 3 and Halo3 ODST's music sent chills down my spine. Reach's not so much, many other others agree. (Are you going to get Martin O'Donall and Salvitorie (forgot his name) to make the music again? I think they're the best pair sence Cheif and Cortona.

I hope you find this advice helpful, for I've worked many hours finding this information out. I do pray you use it and get Halo back on its feet.

damn.....bro you deserve your own thread for this ****! xD

I stick by halo no matter what, but I do want some guns they took out concucion gun, want brute shot, confetti shooters I want assualt rifles, dmr I want the battle rifle, only because the assualt rifle is original and has better aiming and all things better than the confetti shooters, dmr only has one shot, I want a burst shot from a battle rifle more fires faster also. and the chief is an Icon not a replacement like in reach

its old ,but I want to atleast be able to choose which version I want to use keep,it,clean post-10357-0-12404500-1315609475_thumb.jpgpost-10357-0-99145600-1315609461_thumb.jpg078.bmppost-10357-0-13680600-1315609437_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

do you guys read the books for halo ? if you read the books and played the game there is so much they could add :) for instance stealth should be an option in the campaign, and if you have multiple spartans or just the AI i wish you could somehow command them so they dont drive off in your warthog as you try to blow up a covenant AA battery lol. sprint speeds should be higher and spartans should be made taller compared to marines, they should be head to head with elites. since the game is rated M already, i think a little bit of gore would be cool? like shooting a brute in the neck would make it bleed to death but at the same time do the good old fashioned brute rage before it dies lol. adding silenced assault rifles pistols and smg's for a stealthy strategy in the campaign, but deff not for multiplayer. thats all minor, major things that would be cool to add would be like being able to take a jackles portable shield and duel wield it. now that would be awesome! and instead of making the AI cheat when your playing campaign just have it smarter, i hate when i played reach and your sneaking up on an elite while camo'd out and he freakin swing kicks you and kills you when your crouched and not showing up on the motion sensor! now reverting back to halo, you could sneak up on and elite or any covenant as long as you kept the motion off the sensor and stayed out of site. i can keep going guys but im just saying read the books than tell 343 your ideas. if the gameplay was close to what the books had it would be number one for me!

Okay, I see a lot of people wanting sprint, even evade, to be permanent features in Halo 4... why?

They're terrible ideas. Absolutely terrible. Do you know why Reach's maps sucked so much, and we didn't get one legendary map like Lockout, Guardian or Midship? It's thanks to sprint, amongst other things. But sprint dramatically alters the way players play the game and designers build maps. With sprint or evade we get a burst of speed, and to compensate for that speed maps need to be 'stretched' out more. People say that having sprint "speeds" up gameplay, but they couldn't be more wrong. It slows it down to a crawl. Maps get bigger, and when someone's one-shot it's possible for them to evade or sprint into cover; drawing out the encounter.

Personally, for Halo 4 I want a competitive arena shooter. I don't want anything like bloom, AAs or equipment. Bring back the BR (or a utility weapon like it, better yet, re-balance the sandbox so weapons aren't bloody useless outside of their niche). Bring back competitive, medium sized arenas! With Halo 2, it really delivered when it came to good maps. I don't understand how map design went downhill after its release... especially BTB maps. I just don't find Reach's, or 3's maps fun to play on. Power-ups are also a must.

NO load outs either. This isn't a class based game.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

If either Halo or the fans are so ******* intolerable to even the simplest of real innovations, or can't give something new a chance without collapsing then **** this game or **** these bitchy fans. This game will not survive in glory if it's impossible to evolve in anyway. I personally am tired of the same ******* ****. Whatever then. It doesn't have to be something like AAs, but something unique and new. If you guys honestly believe it's just impossible for any producer to supply our kinds of needs without blowing you guys off fine, but you guys keep bitching over such fine details and its ridiculous. Oh, there's no BR so **** teh Halo game...

If either Halo or the fans are so ******* intolerable to even the simplest of real innovations, or can't give something new a chance without collapsing then **** this game or **** these bitchy fans. This game will not survive in glory if it's impossible to evolve in anyway. I personally am tired of the same ******* ****. Whatever then. It doesn't have to be something like AAs, but something unique and new. If you guys honestly believe it's just impossible for any producer to supply our kinds of needs without blowing you guys off fine, but you guys keep bitching over such fine details and its ridiculous. Oh, there's no BR so **** teh Halo game...

Calm down. Other people are untitled to their own opinions. If you disagree, then say so and give reasons instead of doing pointless personal attacks. That only makes you look like you are trolling.

Halo needs to evolve in its own way, while keeping its identity, so I agree with no AA's, except for a few being used in certain game types. It needs to keep its base gameplay, but add in things like frigates, space battles, pelicans, and drop pods.

I remind you to use some respect for the sake of the forums, we want to keep it friendly here. This is not Bungie.net and we aim to keep it so.

• Like 1

Calm down. Other people are untitled to their own opinions. If you disagree, then say so and give reasons instead of doing pointless personal attacks. That only makes you look like you are trolling.

Halo needs to evolve in its own way, while keeping its identity, so I agree with no AA's, except for a few being used in certain game types. It needs to keep its base gameplay, but add in things like frigates, space battles, pelicans, and drop pods.

I remind you to use some respect for the sake of the forums, we want to keep it friendly here. This is not Bungie.net and we aim to keep it so.

I do wish so much of the Bungie.net fans were INTELLIGENT enough to do the same...

Dominator I seen all the text and thought, here we go again another rant ....... But

All makes sense, good points raised and I agree with you, although I personally don't find AA's that annoying apart from armor lock which needs a slight alteration to fix it.

But yes H4 needs to get back to its roots, customized Spartan not in H4, the Chief, is the Chief. It fitted Reach but please not in H4

#1: no AA.. this is halo not CoD

#2: there needs to be a 3 burst primary weapon, none of this DMR stuff

#3: no customizable spartan in campaign but i'm not really afraid of this because I can almost gaurantee it'll just be master chief's armor for campaign.

#4: put the zoom availability on the magnum i think it's different and cool, and def add more bullets in the magnum, make it more than halo 3 but less then halo 2 ammo wise per clip.