Xbox 720 Leaked News

ZB-85

Many of the tech revelations are fairly standard and have been mentioned by developers currently working with early versions of the hardware. 2013 launch? Check. 3D support? It's in there. "Always connected" internet connection? Blu-ray drive? Lofty sales goals? Yes, yes and yes.The document goes several steps further, however. Running on a Windows 8 foundation, the new box aims to be even more of a living room staple than the current Xbox console, allowing users to record TV content in the background like a DVR. It also details improvements to Microsoft's Kinect camera system: better accuracy, improved voice recognition, and support for motion tracking for up to four players.

That's not all for Kinect. Initially spotted in May by Nukezilla, the alleged roadmap discusses a "glasses for Kinect" initiative called "Project Fortaleza," a pair of Wifi-enabled, augmented reality glasses, according to the document. Marked for a 2014 launch, they would allegedly be radio/4G-based mobile devices that users could take with them, much like Google's Project Glass. Via Xbox Live, the document says, the glasses would offer "real-time information on people, places and objects." In 2015, claims the document, Microsoft plans to shift focus to cloud gaming -- a move that could signal the next Xbox (or a smaller set top box afterward) as the final hardware product from the group, as the document says consumers will "never need to upgrade hardware again."

Of course, this could all be an elaborate hoax put together by someone with too much time on their hands. Microsoft, while refusing to comment about the document, did have it taken down from the sharing site Scribd via Covington & Burling LLP, a major IP law firm that represents Microsoft. That move, of course, has given the rumors springing from the document more traction.Microsoft has experienced these sorts of next-gen console leaks before. In the days before the Xbox 360 was announced, details from a market research company study leaked out, showing some of the ideas the company was considering for its next-generation system. Ultimately, the company decided to go in a different direction.

Source: Here

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Xbox needs an upgrade soon. cause i beleieve there graphics have reached there limits already for a while now. Blue ray would help alot too. :D video card, RAM, ETC. it all needs an upgrade.

I can't afford a 1500 Dollar console.

I hope to :twam: that the author of that article was not trolling.

If he is being honest.. then.. :awesome: That is so amazing. I can't wait to get my hands on that piece of hardware. But like GSD :dog: said, it is called the project name is officially "Xbox 8". So we shall see.

well the documents that were telling and showing everything about the "xbox 720" are being and have been a few weeks ago demanded to be pulled off the internet.... lol i saw a 4-core cpu :/ and what not in the diagrams and 2 gpus if im correct, unless they are going with an APU, but i dunno what else there really was. i just glanced at the papers and stuffs... the file was just gigantic and took for ever to load :/ lol but i dunno of course they were draw ups/blue prints etc so they could be just a teaser or something M$ threw out there... but then again.. they want that removed from the web i guess...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow, the final piece of Gaming Hardware? I dont think so for many reasons:

1. Because even though you could upgrade the internal tech, there would still be many physical pieces that would have to be added physically, such as processor core's and in built kinect sensors.

2. Because consoles make up a large staple of money to Microsoft, they would keep bringing out consoles, if not just for the extra money boost.

What i want to see in the next Xbox is inbuilt wifi, allowing EVERYONE to access the internet. But you would still have to pay for gold membership. (this would result in Gold Membership costing more though, and the price tag for the 720 going up about $100 in Australia, not sure of the equivalent in your countries)

• 3 weeks later...