Halo 4 Enemy Theory- Master Chief is the Didact

Rumerboy

Last update: 6/19/12. 4:19pm

Okay so, heres another one of my theories. So basically i believe that Master Chief has geas' imprinted into his dna that is similar to/from the didact. This would explain why we keep seeing the didacts symbol everywhere (even though hes dead). Because the didact was actually a good guy and he never wanted to even activate the rings. So i dont think that he is the enemy. I believe that the enemy is somehow medicant bias or a similar (corrupted AI). I believe that the enemy is a rampant AI because the Promethean's on requiem are AI's and due the fact that they are that red color (like the monitor when he went rampant). Also there seems to be a theme of rampancy all around Halo 4. In addition, at one point in the e3 trailer, we see what seems to be a seperate class of Promethean's, except that they are colored blue. I believe that the Promethean AI's that attack chief are rampant or under control of Medicant Bias (or another rampant AI).

- I'll add more to this theory later, but WHAT DO YOU THINK?? Have anything to add? Or any criticism?

-Update: 6/18/12 11:58pm

Okay so let me clarify some things. First off, i want to explain the "chief's imprinted dna" thing. Now when i say this, i dont mean that he has the didacts exact dna. Lemme explain, when the humans were being de evolved after they lost to the forerunners, the librarian was in charge of overseeing their de evolution and their future evolution. Now she imprinted every human with certain geas' and (it is believed) she chose certain, specific humans with geas' from people she knew. For example she ( the librarian) gave every male human a geas that makes them attracted to women who most resemble herself. So what i am saying is that, maybe she gave chiefs great ancestors a geas that resembles/took from the didact?

-This could also explain the trait that chief has that no one else does: ""luck"". what if luck was given to him via a geas from the librarian?... Just saying haha.

HUGE EVIDENCE!!!!:

-Also, in halo CE the monitor says to chief, ""Why would you hesitate to do what you have already done?" (regarding activating the halo). and we know that the didact was the one to activate the halos milenia ago. So it now makes sense as to why the monitor would say that...because he mistook the chief for the didact.

-It also explains this line "Last time, you asked me, if it were my choice, would I do it? Having had considerable time to ponder your query, my answer has not changed."

- Also, if you believe that the chief has geas' from the didact, it explains and sheds light on everything in the first terminal in halo cea.

(oh also assume that Bornstellar makes eternal lasting is dead or out of the picture when reading this theory)

Update 6/19/12

- Just another thing to add, at one point in chiefs adventures in forerunner territory, he comes to an area and says it seems strangely familiar, as if he had been there before.... Maybe he did... As the DIDACT!

anyways i hope this update cleared things up.. any more questions/comments?

-Also feel free to check out my older ( now basically debunked) theories.. they have been basically shot down now, but still interesting to read.

This is interesting to say the least. But just for clarity, it's not the Didact's symbol seen so many times in the live action trailer, it's a different symbol that resembles the Didact's. Make no mistake though the Didact will most definitely be on Halo 4

Dammit man, I just posted about dis. LOL

The Didact is still alive. He had his memories put into the body of another Forerunner. The Didact could be the enemy because he fought in the Forerunner-Human war and hated humans. Mendicant Bias helped the Chief on the Ark and regretted that he betrayed the Forerunners. And how could MC get imprinted with the Didact's DNA?

Huge hole in your story. After the human-forerunner war, there were still humans. They were not de-evolved, their technology (which was equal to forerunner tech due to humans finding precursor tech) was destroyed setting humans back thousands of years. So the librarian didn't alter human dna, she only preserved existing humans in the library like she did countless other species.

with that said, the only way chief could have didact or forerunner dna would have to do with halsea and the grafting process. it could be that dr. halsea used forerunner tech to lengthen spartan-IIs. your theory may have some credence, just your facts are a little off.

Last update: 6/18/12 11:58pm

Okay so, heres another one of my theories. So basically i believe that Master Chief has geas' imprinted into his dna that is similar to/from the didact. This would explain why we keep seeing the didacts symbol everywhere (even though hes dead). Because the didact was actually a good guy and he never wanted to even activate the rings. So i dont think that he is the enemy. I believe that the enemy is somehow medicant bias or a similar (corrupted AI). I believe that the enemy is a rampant AI because the Promethean's on requiem are AI's and due the fact that they are that red color (like the monitor when he went rampant). Also there seems to be a theme of rampancy all around Halo 4. In addition, at one point in the e3 trailer, we see what seems to be a seperate class of Promethean's, except that they are colored blue. I believe that the Promethean AI's that attack chief are rampant or under control of Medicant Bias (or another rampant AI).

- I'll add more to this theory later, but WHAT DO YOU THINK?? Have anything to add? Or any criticism?

-Update: 6/18/12 11:58pm

Okay so let me clarify some things. First off, i want to explain the "chief's imprinted dna" thing. Now when i say this, i dont mean that he has the didacts exact dna. Lemme explain, when the humans were being de evolved after they lost to the forerunners, the librarian was in charge of overseeing their de evolution and their future evolution. Now she imprinted every human with certain geas' and (it is believed) she chose certain, specific humans with geas' from people she knew. For example she ( the librarian) gave every male human a geas that makes them attracted to women who most resemble herself. So what i am saying is that, maybe she gave chiefs great ancestors a geas that resembles/took from the didact?

-This could also explain the trait that chief has that no one else does: ""luck"". what if luck was given to him via a geas from the librarian?... Just saying haha.

HUGE EVIDENCE!!!!:

-Also, in halo CE the monitor says to chief, ""Why would you hesitate to do what you have already done?" (regarding activating the halo). and we know that the didact was the one to activate the halos milenia ago. So it now makes sense as to why the monitor would say that...because he mistook the chief for the didact.

-It also explains this line "Last time, you asked me, if it were my choice, would I do it? Having had considerable time to ponder your query, my answer has not changed."

- Also, if you believe that the chief has geas' from the didact, it explains and sheds light on everything in the first terminal in halo cea.

(oh also assume that Bornstellar makes eternal lasting is dead or out of the picture when reading this theory)

anyways i hope this update cleared things up.. any more questions/comments?

-Also feel free to check out my older ( now basically debunked) theories.. they have been basically shot down now, but still interesting to read.

Im going on a wim here at saying most of you probably have not read the forerunner saga or at least into great detail. what he is saying is possible with the geas and everything and it would make sense for it to manifest itsself when he reached requiem, but i do not think the Didact is within the chiefs thoughts and memories. I do however have a similer theory that includes Geas and Cortana.

Cortana is a smart AI that came from the one only Dr halsey. In order to do this they need the brain of an individual of great intellect to create this AI. Seeing that Halsey did not want to tear her own brain out, the instead Illegally cloned her own brain and used that for the creation of cortana. When an AI is first born, they can take or resemble any shape or form they well please. Some have taken forms of Greek gods, An asain lady, even a simple cube as an avater. If we look at cortana her first and kept shape is of a little blue lady that has resemblance to halsey. Now, i want you to focus on the idea of a Small blue lady that can fit inside someones head, does this sound familiar. Ancillas (forerunner AIs) had this very same form and is the only form we see shaped to the resemblance to whosoever is the caretaker within the armor of the moment. How would an AI 100,000 years later with no contact to forerunner technology be able to know of this form???

My theory is this, through the act of Geas they were either transfered from generation to generation or implanted within them at birth into humans to today. this being so that would mean Dr. Halsey would have a Gea and forerunner at that explaining how she is able to read forerunner glyphs so well. when she cloned her brain for cortana i think that is transfered a gea from halsey to cortana giving her passive knowledge on forerunners giving her that ancilla look from the very beginning. Now seeing that certain events are what spark geas into action its possible with either the visit unto requiem or running into a certain being (possibly the Didact or another forerunner. . . .)could trigger this gea to activate possibly causeing this rampancy to crack but could also be the solution to solve the rampancy since the forerunners solved it with their Ancillas.

• Like 1

My idea? Master Chief is a reverse-engineered Promethean in a matter of speaking that other SPARTAN II's are not. True, he could just have the perfect DNA for the Spartan II program which made him a jack of all trades individual. However; if he's a class of Spartan II not yet seen, than things can go easily worse because of this secret.

Also, Chakas. Or the other ancient humans which were a violent influence with the Human-Forerunner war.

• 2 weeks later...