Have you all heard of the Multi-verse theory?

The Multi Universe theory means that their are an infinite amount of Universes besides ours...this means something not realized by most...

Somewhere...right now...in a figment of matter and reality in the complex universes of time...

...you are Master Chief...or Batman...either which is good for me.

The only definition of "Universe" I use is everything which exists...so this whole "multi-verse" thing just seems more like a partitioning of the one, only, universe.

But the scientists who posit a Multiverse are just making assumptions which they happen to think are logical. At best, they are making up solutions to fit equations which are themselves, in all likelihood, derived from other equations. Considering how fluid and evolving scientific theories are, I bet those equations themselves are not exactly rock solid. At some point, these guys are going to make a mathematical error or a flawed assumption.

And considering these multiverses are completely outside of our own (or at least our section of the Universe) it seems like we have no way of empiracally verifying they exist. And verifying that things are true empiraclly is the basis of the scientific method.

What amazes me about all this is how by insisting on delving into questions which we have no way to solve, at least empirically, scientists end up wandering completely out of science. This isn't to say that the questions that they're asking arent worthwhile, and I'm not even gonna say the solutions they come up with are neccasarily BS...the point is, there's more to the world than simply science and emperical evidence, and scientists themselves, by taking science completely beyond its natural boundaries, prove it.

I mean, take the whole multiverse thing....it ceases to be a scientific question and is more a metaphysical one...and this shows why people who say "science is everything" or "Science can answer every question" are completely up a tree.

• Like 2

I myself would like to believe in a Multi-Verse, simply because it means that somewhere out there I'm a billionaire.

However, if we take in the multi-verse theory then the theories of "chance" and "coincidence" go out the window. I'll explain why.

If there are a multitude of universes, then each different universe would have things play out in a certain way, otherwise two or more universes would end up exactly the same. Even if this "certain way that things have to play out" is attitude shifts of certain individuals, one can hardly state that those changes are based on chance. Somewhere along the line something influenced the timeline of that universe to play out differently.

For instance let's say that the altered timeline started with one circumstance in every universe. You go to your favorite place to shop, and order your favorite drink. In one universe, you get your drink and walk away while drinking it. In another universe, you inexplicably change your mind and walk away drink-less. In yet another universe, you decide to look at all the options before ordering your drink. Now these seemingly benign happenstances could have massive impacts on the world around you. Let's say in the universe you are drinking and walking in, you trip and stumble into a female who will one day marry you and make you happy for the rest of your life. The universe you walk away drinkless you run into a high school flame that ends up marrying you and murdering you in your sleep. In the universe you looked at all the drink choices the cashier notices how cute you are and ends up having a one night stand with you that turns into what can only be called the worst relationship you've ever had.

So you see, three very different outcomes from just one choice. And these outcomes will effect all of those around you. So what prompted this "change in heart"?

When you flip a coin, the only reason it has a 50/50 chance of landing on either of it's sides is because of variables. How high you flip it, how strong the gravity is, wind resistance, air pressure, and whatnot. This means that YOU cannot predict which side it will land on. However, someone with all of the information COULD. If the exact same variables (down to the very atom) were repeated, then the coin would land on the same side every time. That being said, consider this.

Up to the decision that you made that changed the universe, EVERYTHING was the same, across the board. The weather, air pressure, your clothes, the way you slept and ate, the way you dressed, and every single other thing. The only different thing was the choice you made. So, without something directly intervening in your decision, your choice would be the exact same every time it was repeated. "With every action, there is an equal and positive reaction" would go out the window otherwise.

So if you understood all of the things said above, then you could only come to one logical conclusion. If there is a multi-verse, then there is also such a thing as "destiny".

Discovering if there were a multi-verse or not would probably be the hardest evidence of the existence of a God or Gods.

• Like 1

Director, what you are trying to say wouldn't tie in with destiny, but more whether on not we have free will (if i understood what you said correctly, if not, just say). Free will is something of an odd thing, do we actually make our own choices, or is it pre-determined and we just think we are making a choice. Multi-verse would answer this question. If we somehow managed to get a universe the exact same as ours, we could have the same event happen in both universes, lest say a man goes to eat out. If he orders the same thing in both universes, then free will is is non-existent, but if he orders something different, then free will exists.

Now science, btw this is all from memory, so if i'm wrong i'll gladly change. They think there are other universes out there because of the behavior of atoms, they are constantly vibrating and we cannot pinpoint an atoms location, which is strange. So they think that these atoms are actually involved with other dimensions or universes. String theory is all about this if you actually want some fact, cause i'm an idiot and this is all probably wrong.

• Like 1

Director, what you are trying to say wouldn't tie in with destiny, but more whether on not we have free will (if i understood what you said correctly, if not, just say). Free will is something of an odd thing, do we actually make our own choices, or is it pre-determined and we just think we are making a choice. Multi-verse would answer this question. If we somehow managed to get a universe the exact same as ours, we could have the same event happen in both universes, lest say a man goes to eat out. If he orders the same thing in both universes, then free will is is non-existent, but if he orders something different, then free will exists.

Free-will was factored into the "equation" as well. You see, when someone makes a decision, then it is based on something. Let's say there are two buttons. Button A and Button B. A person with free will will choose the button they want to choose. No matter how many times you replay the exact same scenario (without their knowledge of course, imagine rewinding a tape), they will choose the same button because of their thought processes.

Free will itself is a bit laughable really, because every decision you make is made due to your previous decisions and the decisions of others. If someone along the line had made a different decision, or you had made a different decision, then your most current decision might not have happened at all.

If the decisions at the start of the universes were the exact same (which, again, with every action there is an equal and positive reaction) then it stands to reason that every decision after that (unless influenced by an outside source) would also be the exact same. Which means that the "multi-verses" would all be the exact same universe. Unless acted on by an outside source.

Now science, btw this is all from memory, so if i'm wrong i'll gladly change. They think there are other universes out there because of the behavior of atoms, they are constantly vibrating and we cannot pinpoint an atoms location, which is strange. So they think that these atoms are actually involved with other dimensions or universes. String theory is all about this if you actually want some fact, cause i'm an idiot and this is all probably wrong.

You get the exact same effect when you wave your hand back in forth in front of your face really fast. Even you, the person waving your hand, cannot tell where your hand is! It looks as if your hand is in multiple places at once! OMG, does this mean there are two universes where my hand is in the right side of its motion, and another universe where the hand is on the left side of the motion? Hell no! The problem is one of perception. We can't sense things at that speed. And even with our best science and equipment, we cannot tell where the particles are...so what? This means our science and equipment are not good enough to tell where they are, not that they are in multiple places at once. allot of these guys need a healthy dose of common sense and maybe, a basic course in philosophy.

Those electrons are precisely where they are, in according to laws which they follow. It does not matter that we cannot see them or that the laws are far too complex for us humans to understand. Its gods laws, and if we can't understand them, thats on us. Instead of pulling ridiculous theories out of our own pretentious @ssholes, why cant we just accept the fact that we dont know and might not for a long time, if ever? Its just more people thinking they're god and that they can understand everything. Instead of admitting that we are limitited in our understanding, we start making **** up to make things make sense. This is the exact same thing people have been doing since time immemorial.

Free will itself is a bit laughable really, because every decision you make is made due to your previous decisions and the decisions of others. If someone along the line had made a different decision, or you had made a different decision, then your most current decision might not have happened at all.

But how does that prove that you did not freely choose the choice you did? Free Will doesn't mean that you could have chosen differently than what you did. I think it means that you freely chose what you did. It was an act of will on your part as opposed to simply causation derived from chemicals and atoms and synapses in your brain. Without free will, choice is simply causation compelling you. With Free will, the self chooses what it chooses.

This isn't to say causation doesn't have a strong role in that respect. Humans are animals and spirits, so it makes sense that our choice is both causation and free will. If not for the fact that humans choose evil, we could easily say that Human behavior and choice is simply animal choice that is very complex. But Humans are clearly capable of a type of morale choice which does not appear at all in the lower animals. At best, there are very, very rudimentary behaviors which resemble (but are not!) our own morale choice ability in higher mammals like Apes.

I can go on about this for a very, very long time. I absolutely love physics! Yes I have heard of the multi-verse theory and I find it fascinating with many other aspects of physical science. It always changes the way we percieve things, like this post for example, the way human beings percieve time is that you were already looking at this post a miniscule fraction of a second ago, and you weren't aware of it because it took the human brain that miniscule amount of time to process this information which as everyone believes is the present, yet it already happened.

I like to think that in a parallel universe, I am way awesomer than Master Chief, and people call me Captain General, and my powered armor is painted to look like a tuxedo and has all sorts of gadgetry built into it, like a liquid storage compartment, and a straw, so I can sip on Mountain Dew while killing Covvies! :robo: