Burning Wolves' book "Halo - Shades of Grey"

Mr. Wolfy

About this book.  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see this book in its complete version?

2. 2. Do you think the point of view from which the story is told should be changed? Do you consider yourself a halo storyline expert (including books) and would like to assist on this project? (if yes please message me)

• Point of view should be changed and I would like to assist.
    • Point of view should not be changed and I would like to assist.
    • Point of view should be changed and I would not like to assist.
    • Point of view should not be changed and I would not like to assist.
  3. 3. Which character would you like to see developed in the storyline?

• Kaatisu (Spartan 081)
    • Liza (Spartan 099)
    • Chris (Spartan 003
    • Rhino (ODST who was charged with assaulting Doctor Halsey, it took 5 marines to stop him from killing her after he hacked into a file containing Doctor Halsey's personal notes on the Spartan II's)
    • Ed (Spartan III, found onboard a ship transporting several spartan III's to onyx, joined the Burning Wolves by choice)

A lovely first chapter, thanks for putting up the disclaimer. I would advise not to do double spacing as you will run out of run.

xD ty this isnt exactly the first chapter though i just pulled a section of the book which i though would be the most suspensful and the double spacing was actually unintentional i put it on size 12 font or something and it made the words smaller with larger spaces between... <.< i believe i just corrected that

(cont...)

Continuing down the corridor, the squad found the control room, but the doors to it were welded shut. "Looks like someone doesn't want to be disturbed," Rhino chuckled as he examined the welding on the door. "Alright, fun times over, stand clear." Kaat said as he slung his assault rifle over his shoulder and stepped towards the door. Nitsua, staring wide eyed, was quickly pulled away by Rhino as a charging sound was emitted by Kaat's armor. His shields shimmered but the light seemed to slowly move from covering his entire body to covering only his fists. As the light intensified on his fists he brough them back and then slammed them forward into the door with an rumbling boom that was manafested by a large chunk of the middle of the door flying away. Kaat's shield meter drained and an audible alarm blared in his ears. Turning to Nitsua, he quickly explained,"Modifications...kind like the non-standard-issue pistol you have there." Slowly his shields recharged and he pried the doors the rest of the way open. Stepping into the room, the first noticeable feature was that the room was mostly lit by the large control pannels in the center on a raised platform, but the next thing that came to the squad's attention was the fact that the floor was littered with grunt bodies that had been clearly chewed on. Glancing at the rest of the squad, Kaat motioned to Ed,"Check those bodies for flood infection." Ed stared a minute,"How..?" Rhino had walked over to one of the corpses and punctuated this question by shooting one of the grunts twice in the chest and once in the head. Ed jumped, looked over at the direction of the shots, and then slowly responded, "Oh..." "These teeth marks look like elite mandibles," Rhino said in a hushed and disturbed tone. Walking around the room to the left, Kaat suddenly heard a burst of automatic weapons fire from the other direction. Spinning around, he saw Liza backing away from a shadowy figure which had emmerged from a depression in the wall in the one corner of the room. She was firing a pair of smgs at the thing, but it seemed to wade through the bullets. Sprinting across the room, Kaat drew a combat knife off his chest and swung at the creature from its right. Its arm came up and blocked his swing inches from its head. The creature leaned forward a few inches and a loud pop followed by a recognizable hiss heralded the blinding white plasma blade that extended in the creatures left hand. The enraged face of an elite, soaked in grunt blood and foaming at the mouth, became visible in the light of the blade. "Well we found what ate the grunts, boys," said Kaat as he stared in amazement. The elite swung its plasma sword up at Kaat, who proceeded to imploy the same tactic the elite had. They now stood with their arms locked against eachother, each with a weapon directly next to their opponents head, the whole scene lit by the energy sword's blade. They both put all of their energy into the actions of forcing their weapon closer to the opponent's head while pushing against their opponent's weapon hand. Seeing that he would lose in a battle of wills against this clearly mentally unstable creature that was growling with foam mixed with blood dripping from its mandables, Kaat brought his knee up forcefully enough to break bones into the creatures crotch. It simply looked down at the impact then stared back at him. "Can't blame a guy for trying," Kaat shrugged. Stomping his foot into the side of the elites leg, Kaat heard a snap and saw the elite stumble a few inches to its left and down. Bringing his helmet down into the now eye-level top of the elites head. The elite went limp for a fraction of a second, a fraction of a second in which it suddenly found a combat knife implanted in its skull. Snapping the elites arm, the energy blade dropped to the floor, and its failsafe shut it off as it thudded on the ship's deck. Swiping the blade up off the floor, Kaat tested to see if the failsafes had made it completely inoperable or temporarily shut down. The blade popped out with a hiss, and Kaat turned it back off and stored it in a bag on his lower back. Walking past Liza, who was standing where she had stopped as Kaat had stepped into the battle, Kaat jokingly said, "Now we're even." He slotted a chip into the console of the Covenant ship, and Essence whispered into the com,"Uplink established. Downloading information now..." Suddenly the ship seemed to come alive. Lights around the room flickered on and the engines could be heard starting up. "Essence..?" Kaat said questioningly as he scanned the room. "Not me...it seems the flood found a way to get the ships engines operational again. Wait, I'm picking up slight energy spikes from the slipspace drives...It looks like they're trying to jump," Essence replied. "****, party's over people we gotta jump ship before they jump the ship." Kaat said as he made his way to the door. "Squads one through five aknowledge, abandoning ship, over?" Each squad messaged back with the sound of gunfire in the background confirming that they were moving to their extraction point except for the third squad who had been MIA since the start of the battle. Kaat knew when he had sent the message to all squads that the third was gone, but he still had hoped that at least someone from their group might have found a way out. Working their way down the hallway, they ran into squad two who were running backwards shooting at something that was around the corner. Chris 003 spun when he saw movement to his left and aiming his rifle at them for a fraction of a second let it drop back to his side and stormed over to Kaat. "Our exfil is overrun. Looks like we're hitchhiking in your ride." he said as he kept glancing over his shoulder. "Alright well let's go then." Kaat said as he started to walk past Chris. 003 grabbed his shoulder and spun him around,"Not that way we aren't going. There's enough flood down that hallway to coat the outside of this ship end-to-end. We're going to have to take a little detour..." he said in a less-than-enthusiastic voice.

Sprinting down a series of side-corridors, they came across a section of hallway in which they had last heard from squad three. The walls were coated in blood, pieces of flood, and bullet holes. The bodies of the squad lay strewn on the floor with several of them coated in flood material. The nearest ODST on the floor turned his head slowly and stared at Kaat. "Kill....me......" he moaned in a tormented voice as a flood spore twitched its way the rest of the way into his chest. The whole squad stared in unspoken horror for several seconds before Kaat finally spoke,"Shoot them..." he whispered as he slowly turned away. For several seconds the hallway was lit with the flashes of gunfire which reflected off the polarized helmets of every man on the squad. Screaming in rage and anguish many of the squad members ran out of bullets only to reload and continue firing madly into the bodies. Chris walked over and put a hand on Kaat's shoulder as the gunfire stopped,"Let's get out of here before we end up the same way..." he said gruffly. Nodding, Kaat turned and helped Ed up, who had fallen to the floor sillently crying, and they continued down the hallway to the ship. Reaching the door, they began to run through but jumped back as a voice screamed,"FIRE!" and a volley of battle rifle bullets pinged off the wall behind them. "Riley?! Is that you, yah stupid *****, you nearly killed us, *******!!" Rhino screamed around the corner. "Sorry sir!!" a timid voice yelled back shakily. "Hold your ****ing fire, we're coming in!" Rhino shouted back. As they entered the hangar, Kaat noticed a significant remodeling in the fact that the floor now sported a rug of dead flood and spent shell casings. The machine guns had long since run out of ammo and the ODST's stood with battle rifles and dmr's at the back of the pelican. "It's a good thing someone left a pile of guns inside the pelican, or we'd have bit it." one of the ODST panted. Kaat avoided looking in Rhino's direction. They started climbing into the pelican when the door on the other side of the hangar slid open and the 4th squad burst in shooting into the hallway they came from. "Hostiles right on our six!!!" yelled the ODST at the lead of the group who was sprinting straight for the pelican. One of the ODST's who had remained to guard the pelican began to fire past the others that were coming in. They all stormed up the ramp as the pelican lifted off the floor. The last ODST onboard barely made it in as the ramp closed. They left the hangar and were soon on their way back to the Hell Hound. The ammount of equipment and people crammed into the pelican made it a tight and very uncormfortable ride, but nearly all of the occupants were glad to make it out in one piece.

Wolfy i recommend putting everything in the first post. You can "edit" your post and add chapters.

Right'o but then ppl who followed would not get a posty thing yes? O.o like a lil warny thing that says "new content blah blah"

• 2 weeks later...

(considering sending a copy of the final book to the first few people who followed this topic, this will be a free copy and should not be duplicated or released to the general public...i will be expecting the opinions and any corrections the individuals wish to make on the topic plz message ur thoughts on this idea)

(i will be looking for two individuals with original elite names so if you would like to be placed in the book we have 2 slots atm for a field marshal elite who gets captured and tortured and a fleet commander who hunts the main characters message elite names and u might possibly be given 1 of the two slots and possibly a copy of the book for review and commenting)

(considering sending a copy of the final book to the first few people who followed this topic, this will be a free copy and should not be duplicated or released to the general public...i will be expecting the opinions and any corrections the individuals wish to make on the topic plz message ur thoughts on this idea)

(i will be looking for two individuals with original elite names so if you would like to be placed in the book we have 2 slots atm for a field marshal elite who gets captured and tortured and a fleet commander who hunts the main characters message elite names and u might possibly be given 1 of the two slots and possibly a copy of the book for review and commenting)

Well if you do good because I think I'll read it AGAIN
  • Like 1

hmmm kk well first 5 ppl who follow (excluding myself due to the fact i alrdy have the whole book ;3 ) i think will be capable of recieving a copy which they will recieve via skype (or this page if i can find a way to input a word document into a pm on here (havent tried it yet so i dunno)) it will be a rediculously long multi-page word doccument (im hoping to apply pictures in a finished version but im not a good artist myself so no pics atm :3)

as for the elite roles i will actually be needing a few more elite names for just some random elite minors and majors (u know the red and blue type?) send any elite names with the rank u would like your name applied for (keep in mind im writing the book though so ur name might not be used for the rank u want it to)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE: (To the first 5 people who followed this topic, excluding me)Please add me via skype (with a message notifying what your tag is on here so I know who is who) so that new information and further sneak peeks of sections of the book may be given and any ideas and opinions that you have may be recieved back. This will also assist in the recieving of your final copy of the book once it is completed. Thank you. :3