Halo 4 DMR or BR vote

Ipodmaster

DMR or BR?  

122 members have voted

1. 1. DMR or BR?

• BR (Battle rifle)
    • DMR ( Designated Marksman Rifle)

Don't get me wrong; I LOVE both guns. It's just that the DMR has automatic hit detection that makes me feel more precise.

EDIT: By this I meant in terms of the past Halo games. I can't really make an assumption based on what little gameplay I've seen. Also, it largely depends on what the weapon FEELS like to me. You can't really describe it. It's just how the gun feels like an extension of you if they did it right, and how it feels like a foreign device if they didn't.

• Like 1

BR just beacue it is a all purpose weapon. it also seems to be used more by the MLG players in halo 4 so far, even though there is iddentical loadouts with the DMR instead of the BR. One video theyguys starts BR, goes DMR briefly, and then goes backto BR caus he got raped three times in a row while using the DMR.

I never expected so many people to reply/vote on this! wow!

:) Its something that the Halo community feels deeply about. A lot of people have a strong nostalgia for the BR. And a lot of people feel that the DMR is a more efficient weapon (which it probably is even though my vote was for the BR).

JR1Gz.jpg

I loved how the DMR performs long range. Just, awesome. I just needed some shots, and zoom to take down my enemies. And the BR, oh the powerful, and sexy BR. I loved it coming closer to them and strike them with a 4 shot burst of killing power. When I get my H4 copy, I will unlock the Firepower package, from the Tactical Packages, choose both DMR and BR, and let the long-to-mid distance killing begin.

I loved how the DMR performs long range. Just, awesome. I just needed some shots, and zoom to take down my enemies. And the BR, oh the powerful, and sexy BR. I loved it coming closer to them and strike them with a 4 shot burst of killing power. When I get my H4 copy, I will unlock the Firepower package, from the Tactical Packages, choose both DMR and BR, and let the long-to-mid distance killing begin.

Ya ill probably use both too.

Ok theses are some basic stats

DMR: Medium-Long Range.

BR: Short-Medium Range.

As you can see if your at long range with BR vs. DMR DMR would win.

With Medium range it is pretty much who pulls the trigger first.

And with short range BR vs. DMR BR would win because it is better with close range activities.

The are both totally different weapons for totally different situations, DMR For Headshots, BR for Full-on Burst Attacks.

Well both are for headshots. The difference is distance, firing rate, and damage. Depending on the player some might be able to overcome a lower stat in one area with pure skill.

The answer to this question differs by player. For example, I consider myself to be a BR kind of player even though I love the DMR.