I didn't like Reach... (POLL)

Ro8bi3

21 members have voted

1. 1. Did you like Reach?

• Yes
    • No

I didn't like Reach.

The campaign, the characters, the multiplayer, nothing.

Armor Lock is overpowered, jet pack lasts too long and goes too high, Hologram just sucks, and the campaign is hard to connect to just like the characters.

Opinions?

I thought the campaign was pretty nice. It isn't as great as the campaigns of Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo Wars, or Halo 3: ODST (in that order), but it's certainly not bad in my opinion. I know there are some contradictions and inconsistencies with dates, events, etc. but I enjoyed it regardless.

Armour Lock was never really that big of a deal. If you and another player are in a gunfight and they go into armour lock once you pop their shields, all you really have to do is wait for them to release the lock and toss a grenade or two in their area. Make sure that you've reloaded your gun, keep a good distance between you and them, and ready your grenades and you shouldn't have much of a problem with armour lock.

Hologram is kind of a missed opportunity. There are some neat things they could have done to it to make it much more useful. If the opponent's name popped up (or the name of someone on the enemy team) popped up when you aimed at them, they fired shots as well (blanks that did no damage), or if they mimicked your actions depending on if you meleed, crouched, or jumped, it would have been a lot better in my eyes.

I'll agree that I never really connected with any of the characters. Despite their deaths, I never felt any lose or any sadness when the ultimately met their demise. If Bungie had bothered developing them, creating some compelling personalities, I'm sure I'd have cared whether they lived or died. That being said, I've never really cared too much about many (if any) of the characters in a Bungie made Halo game. Ensemble Studios did a much better job giving the characters in Halo Wars some personality, making them believable and interesting.

• Like 3

I loved Reach. It had its drawbacks, the campaign was 'alright', but nowhere near the standard it should've been, set by previous titles. The multiplayer was/is very fun, though I would prefer more maps that don't come from the campaign. And the co-op Firefight and Campaign only being 2 split screen is annoying. But it had great features, like the huge amount of work done to forge. Firefight matchmaking being available. Armour customisation increased, and alot more. So i still believe it's a great game.

I liked reach, The campaign was fantastic.

I liked but didn't like bloom. Bloom was a good feature which, in halo 4 looks great, it just seemed in halo reach it was too much and it seemed to take the skill element out and featured mroe luck, 85% bloom is good, but i always preferred ZB.

Again, like Mystic said, i had no trouble with the armor lock at all, hell, i think i had more trouble with Jetpack then Armor lock, and i love jetpack. The MP was fantastic IMO, just too many grey maps, kind of felt the same and repetitive after a while.

I enjoyed Reach because it was something different and for once you get to have a taste of what it was like to be a part of a SPARTAN-III'S team. At first I didn't connect to the characters but over time I did.

I don't mind the armour abilities it spiced up the combat. The best use for hologram is to draw enemy fire.

The bloom was alright.

Overall I enjoyed it alot better than ODST ( miles better )

OMG LOLOLOLOL what is it with you people and campaign. you people seriously spend $60 just to play a 4 hours campaign. seems like a waste of money. I personally spend my money expecting an amazing Multiplayer. wich everyone knows failed!

Hopefully nobody takes this offensive! Just my Opinion :D LoL

OMG LOLOLOLOL what is it with you people and campaign. you people seriously spend $60 just to play a 4 hours campaign. seems like a waste of money. I personally spend my money expecting an amazing Multiplayer. wich everyone knows failed!

Are you stupid? This game had and still had one of the best multiplayers out there. I loved this game on September 14th 2010 and I still love it on June 18th 2012.

I loved reach it really allowed me to understand the halo story more and to learn about some of the first Spartans. It also had a great forge and although the matchmaking had lots of noobs with snipers and armour lock it was still fun to play ( providing your winning :L)

I like Reach in campaign you get a human feeling off the spartans rather than in the other Halos when your just a walking tank, and a faceless hero.

In multiplayer you are introduced to a new type of game style, except for armor lock that **** needs to go.

Besides get used to it the same game style will be used in Halo 4 and maybe for future Halos as well.

Sparty 48910 "Are you stupid? This game had and still had one of the best multiplayers out there. I loved this game on September 14th 2010 and I still love it on June 18th 2012. "

Not nice to call me names!

How does reach have one of the best multiplayers out there? there's barely 100K people playing it. and more reasons why multiplayer wasn't good. i shouldnt have to explain myself why.

I'm glade you enjoyed the game but a good 60% didn't! MLG died and so did the online experience. Thats a fact!

Sparty 48910 is dont even play halo reach and im probrably beter then you.

Your probrably one fo the highest ranks in the game, I'm proud for you but i doesn't prove or show anything. I'm only a Lt. Colonel Grade 2!

I loved reach in the fact that i got xbox live right after it came out, compared to halo 3 it was a huge step forward in the game series and it opened a lot of doors for 343 to do in halo 4, in the end it was a small step towards a new, better halo games in the future weather or not people like it or not change can be a good thing when the game industry changes.

I guess you didnt game much before 2005...

• Like 1

I LOVE Reach, and still play it daily. I just didn't like how the Custom Games and the Forge tool for said Custom Games became way too difficult to figure out than what could be considered 'user friendly'. At that point, less CG's were made, and more of my friends started selling the game. Halo 4 will fix all of this, though. I have faith in 343i.