I think you cry too much.

P-1609

You win you rank up, If you lose you rank down! I don't see how thats so complicated to implament in a game.

But sometimes It isn't you the one who makes a bad job, sometimes its your team. I've played with teams that won't make more than 3 kills. I think you should be awarded for the things YOU actually do in game. Your kills, not your teams.

• Like 2

Thank you to all the reasonable people in here... All these things people are complaining about Halo 4 "stealing" from CoD is just annoying as can be. Like CoD were the first ones to do them anyway.. And you want to talk about a direct steal from anything, it would be what all these CoD fanboys love so much that got taken DIRECTLY from Halo... The Theater and the ability to clip, save, and share your gameplay and screenshots.. Or do people forget about that one.. to all the ragers.. Just calm the hell down and just wait. The game isn't finalized yet and even with what they are doing as of now, it will still be a GREAT game and a welcome change. And for all those complaining about the "lack of competitiveness" learn that rank doesn't equal the level of competitiveness. It is your skill and your teamwork. and boo freaking whoo "I don't have a little number to show off my skill level". If you are truly in it for the competitiveness and not your your own little ego trip then you shouldn't care about that at all.... Ahhh. How I can't wait for all these people complaining to get the game on release day or soon after and love it, just to have to eat their words/deny ever saying anything bad about it. And honestly, if you hate it that much, then just don't buy it, you won't be missed.

• Like 1

"But sometimes It isn't you the one who makes a bad job, sometimes its your team. I've played with teams that won't make more than 3 kills. I think you should be awarded for the things YOU actually do in game. Your kills, not your teams."

You probrably had a deranker on your team or just really bad teamates, if you keep playing you will meet better people.

Thats how i got better when i first started. Usually the higher you go up in the ranking system you don't get bad teamates anymore and can acually count on your team to not suck.

Halo reach tried that and it didn't work out, instead of team work people cared more about individual stats / KDR, rather than playing as a team trying to win..

I feel you! :D

>Instant Spawn? What the hell, it lets you play more.

Silvi = instant spawn is a good idea but i would ruin the competative commnuity because the 3-4 second respawn time a team can make a game changing playand take advantage of being a player up.

But that can always be changed. i Think this will most likely be implamented in slayer mods, for sure not objective game type.

>Rankin' System? nobody should complain about that, Its just a game, and you progress, shouldn't matter how.

Silvi = Are you kidding me. Did you not see halo reach fail and watch the population plummet? Halo reach's ranking system is horrible! has no Purpose or insentive to win and rather pointless! I know you probrably don't play competativly so i would understand you dont care! LOL Yeah i does matter how! Ill explain it! You win you rank up, If you lose you rank down! I don't see how thats so complicated to implament in a game. People complain about how people will make boosters. If they used halo 2 ranking system you can boost!. Getting a 50 in halo 2 was almost impossible. As for people who complain about people who standby or host boot there is an easy fix, 343 has to have dedicated servers! If they control host nobody can cheat. and if someone tries to host boot there system will notice right away and that person will get banned! So in other words there is no reason why not to have a 1-50 ranking system!

I <3 competative gameplay! :D Good luck to anyone trying to win against the 1-50 discussion! LOL

...The grammar in that made my eyes bleed.

Regardless, I do have a consensus with you on part of this. While 1-50 was great, and Arena kinda sucked, I still didn't mind the Reach ranking system as much as others do. Also, dedicated servers are very hard and costly to have and maintain. Just saying. I LOVE them, and want nothing more in Halo 4 than dedicated servers, but it's just so tough to do.

People who usually complain are the people who usually do not enjoy the game and would rather make their own Halo game. Complaining gets you nowhere, instead of complaining, they can try to actually get better at the game instead of doing absolutely nothing.

Silvi, the pairing system in Reach was not designed to pair you with people of the same rank. The matchmaking system paired you with people based on your commendations and individual.skill.with weapons.

For example, lets say your about to go into action sack. Action sack is a team game and the system compares ctf, assault and other commendations or medals that primarily come out of said team gametypes. The system then searches for your k/d and commendations and pairs you with players that have similar amounts. Because this system pairs you more with individual skill instead of overall rank, this is why Inheritors will be paired with Seargents, Majors, etc...

The choosing system used in Reach is far superior than latter systems because it actually takes your individual.accomplishments into.account...not just win/loss or rank. Just because someone holds a high rank doesnt always mean that player earned it or is better than lower level players. Not every player has the time or opportunity to invest in a rank. I cant tell you how many times over the past 8 years I have seen lower level players out perform level 40-50 simply because they lacked the time to play enough to get to even level 32.

As I said, rank does not mean you earned or.deserve to be anywhere. As with boosting, it will always be an issue so long as win/loss or deliberate bad gameplay can be used to fool the system. Also...obtaining someones IP has nothing to do with servers or Live. Most common routers have DDOS and flooding protocols by default to stop such silly actions. Also....each player is.synced to the server at different times, speeds and frequency. Your bad connection or location does not.effect the speed at which the server syncs your team. Everything is done on an individual basis.

That neing said, the server does however segregate information basex on latency. What I mean by that is...if your lagging even a bit and the data you transmits said you headshot a guy...but other clients are saying you didnt....your headshot gets lost. The most common form and cause of lag is your own network setup. People think that by opening a few ports it helps....the truth is, an improper or non-DMZ assigned setting can screw you more than a simple port forward.

• Like 2

I have no clue if they have made any changes within the last year. But the first few months of playing there was never a challenge and it got boring.

Reach obviously never paired me with people at my skill level. Common dude look at the population barely 100k. Don't tell me this system is better because Reach's population says otherwise.

Even after 3-4 years Halo 3 still had 300K+ active players. Want to know why? Ranking systems with an actual purpose gives people incentive to play!

Halo 2 ranking system you couldn't boost.

Just because some people don't have the time to invest on getting a rank, why should they remove it?

IP have everything to do with XBL.

Not going to talk about host booting because you obviously don't know much about it. Use Cain & able you can pull IP's. Once you have an IP you can just hit someone offline with a click of a button.

And you know nothing about standbying either; you have a teammate force host. Once host is forced on your teammate, he can control packet flow up and down time. If you played MLG at a high levels or any playlist in general, you would be more aware of these methods of cheating.

Yes, some shots won’t register. This is due to a bad host or they are located far away and your ping very high. If 343 had dedicated servers you wouldn't have to worry about someone having advantage over you, just because they have host and all there shoots register.

Only times i see level 30-40 beat level 5-'s is because they are on a ALT account. never heard of a legit 30 something beat a level 45. XD

:D

I have no clue if they have made any changes within the last year. But the first few months of playing there was never a challenge and it got boring.

Reach obviously never paired me with people at my skill level. Common dude look at the population barely 100k. Don't tell me this system is better because Reach's population says otherwise.

Even after 3-4 years Halo 3 still had 300K+ active players. Want to know why? Ranking systems with an actual purpose gives people incentive to play!

Halo 2 ranking system you couldn't boost.

Just because some people don't have the time to invest on getting a rank, why should they remove it?

IP have everything to do with XBL.

Not going to talk about host booting because you obviously don't know much about it. Use Cain & able you can pull IP's. Once you have an IP you can just hit someone offline with a click of a button.

And you know nothing about standbying either; you have a teammate force host. Once host is forced on your teammate, he can control packet flow up and down time. If you played MLG at a high levels or any playlist in general, you would be more aware of these methods of cheating.

Yes, some shots won’t register. This is due to a bad host or they are located far away and your ping very high. If 343 had dedicated servers you wouldn't have to worry about someone having advantage over you, just because they have host and all there shoots register.

Only times i see level 30-40 beat level 5-'s is because they are on a ALT account. never heard of a legit 30 something beat a level 45. XD

then you needa play more often ;)

That was a nice speach about network manipulation...too bad nothing you actually posted is true or feesable. I.suggest you go to.school.for data management and advanved networking before attempting to try to explain or properly post about such things.

MLG cheats?!? omg I had no idea!

Reachs population dwindled because of many factors. Stating it was because of rank systems is purely your own opinion and is not a fact. Again Reach paired you based on your commendations and personal mm benchmarks, not your rank.Did you even bother to read anything I said? And for the rwcord next time you want to attempt to call my knowledge of Live and Halo out....dont try. There is a reason I am called the "Tech Guru". Now be a good little troll and please kindly move all yourpoor ass excuses and complaints over to Waypoint where they belong...with the rest of the Halo Community garbage. This fan site is quite full.enough of bs posts and half ass thoughts as it is. Thanks mate...good on yah!

• Like 3

I'm actually excited to see change. I believe its always good. :laughing: I also hope that 343 does an amazing job on this game. The trailers looked just liked Halo and I am very excited.

I feel that Bungie was kinda like "Screw you Halo fans. We are off to bigger and better things." Therefore, if 343 does a totally amazing job on Halo 4 I hope that Bungie has an "Oh S*** we missed out" feeling.

For example, lets say your about to go into action sack. Action sack is a team game and the system compares ctf, assault and other commendations or medals that primarily come out of said team gametypes. The system then searches for your k/d and commendations and pairs you with players that have similar amounts. Because this system pairs you more with individual skill instead of overall rank, this is why Inheritors will be paired with Seargents, Majors, etc...

Wow, thank you so much for enlightening me on this. I had no idea how the matchmaking worked. Nice post :thumbsup:

Reach’s pairing system is complete B.S. I was playing all last night and games were not consistent. One game I would match up with decent people and other games I would match up with people who don't even know how to aim a gun.

How is nothing that I posted true? Population being low is a fact! Ranking system not being in game is just one of the million reasons why.

I'm glad you are a networking expert. But do you have any hands on experience with any of these forms of network manipulation?

I would guess not because you’re a staggering highest skill is a "23."

You have a total of 2,728 games. Only 142 were ranked games. Only 5% of your games were ranked! I'm glad you learned everything about matchmaking competitive play within 142 games.

While on my main I have 2,000 ranked games with a total of 31% of everything I played. Any of my other accounts "KraZii RiiCaN" and "Power LeveIer" or “Murda 1z Sik" I have over 20,000+ ranked games experience.

How are you more qualified to tell me about ranked matchmaking, ranking systems, host booting or standbying?

I personally think you people wouldn't be crying so much if this game (Halo 4) was still made by Bungie. You are scared to change, to what 343i can do to your (and my) favorite franchise. But we cannot see the damn future. I think 343i is making a great job, and of course there are things I like and dislike, but I still look forwards Halo 4.

>New weapons? Every halo game had new weapons.

>Permanent Sprint? Spartans are very light-footed. They should be able to sprint. Even the Chief, and he is a Spartan-II and those are way more heavier than IV's.

>Instant Spawn? What the hell, it lets you play more.

>No Elites? Halo CE had no elites in Multiplayer. you didn't complain on dat.

>"The weapons do not look the same, and do not perform the same as previous games" Every game had, its own looks and performance.

>Armor abilities? There are always classic playlists.

>Rankin' System? nobody should complain about that, Its just a game, and you progress, shouldn't matter how.

>Looks too CoD? Let me remember you Halo came before CoD and was one (if not the first) of the first FPS on console. CoD looks like Halo, not backwards.

Finally, you can't say anything about the gameplay until playing it by yourselves. Thanks.

Sir, there are a number of considerations you take into account that prove to be false.

I'll give you new weapons and no elites. However, everything else you mentioned easily makes or breaks a game. I'll start with every point and make my way down.

1) Permanent Sprint- You know why dual wielding and the great combos you could make with it no longer exist...because they wanted sprint in the game. What does this do. Instead of actually increasing the number of ways you kill someone, putting sprint in and keeping dual wielding out limits the amounts of decisions you can make. Also, if you noticed, since halo 2, the amount of time someone stayed alive in a "battle" and the influence of luck in these situations also gradually increased. Halo 2 was a team oriented game and in 1v1 situations, you knew you were on equally footing with your opponent (disregarding weapons and positions on the map). Sprint just ruins this aspect. It makes it easier for people who make a poor decision and "walk out into the open" and actually live. In halo 2, you had to be smart about where you were going or else you would get creamed in the open.

2) Instant Spawn- You can't honestly think that playing more makes a game better. Firstly, this will be a problem in objective games. How the hell will I get the flag and carry it to my base if the enemy can spawn instantly? In Slayer it's not THAT big of a deal but it still hurts 2v3, 3v4, etc... type of situations.

3) Weapons do not look the same, perform the same- Yeah...i do care how my BR and AR perform. The AR was seriously broken in Reach and to an extent the BR was in Halo 3 (no hitscan). Halo 2 was a pure skill/coordination game. Halo 3 the spread shot and no hitscan added luck into situations and Reach with the Bloom...i mean, you see where that went...MLG took it out. That says something.

4) Armor Abilities- With the exception of Camo and Overshield, ever since halo 3's implementation of pickups and Reach's armor abilities, the gameplay quality that we all cherished in H2 just collapsed. I'm sorry, if you want to jetpack out of the map with a sniper, go kill yourself, its not fun, and its highly inefficient. Also, armor abilities eliminate the implementation of tactics. With this new Promethean vision, there's not point in crouching around the corner to get a stealthy assassination. This also ruins team play. Now you no longer need someone to watch your flank, much less, there's no point in setting up. Think about this type of situation: A person gets to the rockets first, those who couldn't get there start to run away and hide to avoid a couple easy kills for the rocket guy. Well boohoo, the guy with rockets uses his vision to see exactly where everyone is hiding and therefore doesn't have to rely on his awareness, motion sensor, or callouts.

5) Ranking system- WHAT?!?! are you kidding me!? You progress, shouldn't matter how?!? You know why I played halo 2& 3? Because it was competitive, it was challenging, it was exhilarating to fight for a rank. You take that aspect out of the game and you are just another mindless CoD zombie. There's not fun in a game where you can't personally achieve something. CoD progression and Reach progression award players for playing a lot, but not HOW well they do. Ranking systme ALSO makes games more enjoyable because you play people your skill level, EVEN Arena did that to an extent. You take that out and you are playing noobs you can easily crush with one hand. Now tell me...wil this EVER stay exciting and joyful for you? Deep down you know that it gets old...FAST. I want to constantly play people my level where I have a motivation to play well.

6) You cannot use the Halo came before CoD logic...you just can't...That's like saying that Halo looks like GoldenEye or Perfect Dark because those two came first...you can't relate these games to one another. Let me also remind you that Call of Duty started out in WWII, you can't take a gaming engine designed for simulating real world combat and relate it to an engine designed for future and completely fictional story. But to elaborate more, how is Spartan points and loadouts NOT like call of duty. Halo CE/2/3 never had loadouts. Everyone started out with the same thing. This was what made Halo great and unique. Sprinting is another addition that just makes halo seem more call of duty. I'm not even going to go into the Instant Spawn or experience ranks or even perks (abilities if you want to call them that). Hell, i'll put money on that in Halo 5 there's a good possibility of seeing KILLCAMS and killstreaks.

Say what you want about your gaming, but for those of us who played Halo 2/3 religiously and still do want to ensure that this franchise continues with that tradition. I in no way want to see Halo become the next Call of Duty franchise where we see a new game EVERY year and have this large absence of competitive gamers.

• Like 2

Having dedicated servers does not solve the issue of cheating. As a long time server hoster I can tell you first hand that there is an infinite amount of possabilities to work.around a host and falsify incoming data to said host. Every game that incoporates a rank.system has flaws that can be exploited. Halo 4 will be do different in this aspect. As I stated before, everyone has a right, and has a valid point to complain and point out things they saw. The game is 99% done dev time and all 343i likely has time for now...is to go thru the bug list.

Along the lines of a ranking system making gameplay more.competative...you have to be joking me. A silly number makes you play harder or makes you want to win? Thats sad. Competition is not soley defined by the rank in which you hold. Competative spirit is.born from an individuals own free will and.need to win...regardless of the payoff. If you really want to.describe more accuratly what YOU conacider to be rank and.competative then call that need what it truly is... An excuse to feel.superior and show it off. You really want to.feel better than everyone else? Then show it in-game...you dont need a number to prove your better than someone else. Doing something like a number rank would be like me.going up to an assistant manager at work, and telling them that because I am.a General Manager, I am better than they are at managing things. Completely untrue and false. Your stance or skill is.not.soley defined by a title or a number. Only team type.play can by properly defined this way...not individuals.

You miss the point of the ranking system if you honestly believe that. A silly number in front of your name SHOWS to those you are playing that you worked THAT hard and spent THAT much effort to get it. Without it what's the point in showing someone how good I am if Im probably only going to play them once? You see, a ranking system pits you against those of similar skill, it has you compete against players who you will more likely play against.

• Like 1

Sir, there are a number of considerations you take into account that prove to be false.

I'll give you new weapons and no elites. However, everything else you mentioned easily makes or breaks a game. I'll start with every point and make my way down.

1) Permanent Sprint- You know why dual wielding and the great combos you could make with it no longer exist...because they wanted sprint in the game. What does this do. Instead of actually increasing the number of ways you kill someone, putting sprint in and keeping dual wielding out limits the amounts of decisions you can make. Also, if you noticed, since halo 2, the amount of time someone stayed alive in a "battle" and the influence of luck in these situations also gradually increased. Halo 2 was a team oriented game and in 1v1 situations, you knew you were on equally footing with your opponent (disregarding weapons and positions on the map). Sprint just ruins this aspect. It makes it easier for people who make a poor decision and "walk out into the open" and actually live. In halo 2, you had to be smart about where you were going or else you would get creamed in the open.

2) Instant Spawn- You can't honestly think that playing more makes a game better. Firstly, this will be a problem in objective games. How the hell will I get the flag and carry it to my base if the enemy can spawn instantly? In Slayer it's not THAT big of a deal but it still hurts 2v3, 3v4, etc... type of situations.

3) Weapons do not look the same, perform the same- Yeah...i do care how my BR and AR perform. The AR was seriously broken in Reach and to an extent the BR was in Halo 3 (no hitscan). Halo 2 was a pure skill/coordination game. Halo 3 the spread shot and no hitscan added luck into situations and Reach with the Bloom...i mean, you see where that went...MLG took it out. That says something.

4) Armor Abilities- With the exception of Camo and Overshield, ever since halo 3's implementation of pickups and Reach's armor abilities, the gameplay quality that we all cherished in H2 just collapsed. I'm sorry, if you want to jetpack out of the map with a sniper, go kill yourself, its not fun, and its highly inefficient. Also, armor abilities eliminate the implementation of tactics. With this new Promethean vision, there's not point in crouching around the corner to get a stealthy assassination. This also ruins team play. Now you no longer need someone to watch your flank, much less, there's no point in setting up. Think about this type of situation: A person gets to the rockets first, those who couldn't get there start to run away and hide to avoid a couple easy kills for the rocket guy. Well boohoo, the guy with rockets uses his vision to see exactly where everyone is hiding and therefore doesn't have to rely on his awareness, motion sensor, or callouts.

5) Ranking system- WHAT?!?! are you kidding me!? You progress, shouldn't matter how?!? You know why I played halo 2& 3? Because it was competitive, it was challenging, it was exhilarating to fight for a rank. You take that aspect out of the game and you are just another mindless CoD zombie. There's not fun in a game where you can't personally achieve something. CoD progression and Reach progression award players for playing a lot, but not HOW well they do. Ranking systme ALSO makes games more enjoyable because you play people your skill level, EVEN Arena did that to an extent. You take that out and you are playing noobs you can easily crush with one hand. Now tell me...wil this EVER stay exciting and joyful for you? Deep down you know that it gets old...FAST. I want to constantly play people my level where I have a motivation to play well.

6) You cannot use the Halo came before CoD logic...you just can't...That's like saying that Halo looks like GoldenEye or Perfect Dark because those two came first...you can't relate these games to one another. Let me also remind you that Call of Duty started out in WWII, you can't take a gaming engine designed for simulating real world combat and relate it to an engine designed for future and completely fictional story. But to elaborate more, how is Spartan points and loadouts NOT like call of duty. Halo CE/2/3 never had loadouts. Everyone started out with the same thing. This was what made Halo great and unique. Sprinting is another addition that just makes halo seem more call of duty. I'm not even going to go into the Instant Spawn or experience ranks or even perks (abilities if you want to call them that). Hell, i'll put money on that in Halo 5 there's a good possibility of seeing KILLCAMS and killstreaks.

Say what you want about your gaming, but for those of us who played Halo 2/3 religiously and still do want to ensure that this franchise continues with that tradition. I in no way want to see Halo become the next Call of Duty franchise where we see a new game EVERY year and have this large absence of competitive gamers.

Got many things to say.

Dual wielding didn't affect anything. At least in Halo 3. If you had Spiker + Spiker, you dealt the same damage as with just one spiker. If you had something like an SMG + Plasma Pistol, was different, because you could shoot with the SMG wihle you charged the PlasmaPistol. But if you shot with both at the same time, it was useless. So what if you can run? As I said, Spartans are said to be light-footed. And Halo 4 is more canon.

With Instant spawn, you can actually play more. Sorry, but its true. Also, 343i said that there will be no InstaSpawn in Objective gametypes, cause It would affect gameplay. And in slayer, YOU said, it doesn't really matter.

Weapons do perform different in every Halo game. You see, Halo:CE's Assault Rifle, wasn't the same as Halo 3's or Halo 2's. I didn't like bloom either, but ... you know, Real Weapons do have some kind of bloom AND recoil, which wasn't added in any Halo game. They just wanted to make it more real.

You know, no smart person would go 50 effing feet up the ground with a sniper. Snipers are precision weapons. Jet packin' takes the precision out. Also, you cant take advantage with the Jetpack, but with the right weapons only. " Also, armor abilities eliminate the implementation of tactics. With this new Promethean vision, there's not point in crouching around the corner to get a stealthy assassination." Promethean vision its not overpowered, it just lets you see a short range, and just one wall at a time. Your vision gets blocked at sides, and you can't see whos on the right or left side of you. Armor abilities make possible new kinds of strategies. Get a Hardlight shield dude to block, a Thruster packer or Jetpacker to attack from the sides or from above, a Hologram for distraction, a Camo dude to stealth from behind, and a Promethean Vision to check your back. Also, you can't assure that every damn player will have Promethean Vision. I think AA's help teamplay in a way never seen before in Halo.

Ranking System. I have never liked ranking system. NEVER. People go around complying because they got paired with someone 3 ranks lower. Reward system is different. I don't really think they should have a rankin, just a reward system. You do something skillful? 100 pts reward, You kill someone in a noobish way, no rewards.

I use Halo b4 CoD logic, because people use Halo is becomin CoD logic. "But to elaborate more, how is Spartan points and loadouts NOT like call of duty. Halo CE/2/3 never had loadouts. Everyone started out with the same thing. This was what made Halo great and unique. Sprinting is another addition that just makes halo seem more call of duty." Spartan Points are currency to buy stuff. Loadouts, many games have loadouts and they make you play like YOU want to play. I know Halo was known for everyone starting the same, and looking and looting for new weapons, but times change, you know, If you don't want it, you don't buy it. If I was you, I would stop complying and go play Halo 3 or 2 Instead. With your commentaries you sound like a CoD fanboy.

Finally, Halo changes, improves. Thats what makes it different from CoD. I'm sure they will not be releasing 1 game per year, and no killstreaks, or killcam, and if they do, What the hell? It's still Halo, and if you love it as we do, you will understand the change and be happy for its progress. Imagine if Halo 2 was exactly the same as Halo: CE, and Halo 3 as CE, and Reach as CE, and ODST as CE. Pretty boring right? Be Happy for change, and if you don't like it, there will always be Classic Playlist, and Halo 3 and 2.

• Like 1

OMG I can't stop laughing! SOVA, I love you!

I'm going to try and keep it short.

I don't mind changes to an extent. Without them new players would never join the franchise and people won’t buy the game because others games offer more options. So I understand!

I agree with some and don’t with others. Promethean vision seemed OP at first. I don't think it always works through every wall though, and it's only up to a certain distance. But I think it lasts kind of long when you use it. As long as armor locks are gone, I will not go nuts LoL.

Instant spawning I can live with. It was a no brainer that they wouldn't allow it in an objective playlist.

Duel wielding is whatever to me, I never really used it in matchmaking... stuck with BR or carbine.

Ranking system defines HALO and distinguishes it from all other games. It's because of people like you who want to be rewarded for everything that they made this horrible reach crap! Get good at the game and get a 50.... if not, go play social. It's for people who don't care to play competitive! Why should hardcore gamers have to suffer just because poor little players like you will never get a 50?!

Please Bungie... make the game easier so everyone’s a winner.

That’s what's honestly sad about all modern video games! All these developers make games as user friendly as possible so EVERYONE'S a winner. NOW EVERYONE'S HAPPY!

COME ON.... PLEASE!

• Like 1

Got many things to say.

Dual wielding didn't affect anything. At least in Halo 3. If you had Spiker + Spiker, you dealt the same damage as with just one spiker. If you had something like an SMG + Plasma Pistol, was different, because you could shoot with the SMG wihle you charged the PlasmaPistol. But if you shot with both at the same time, it was useless. So what if you can run? As I said, Spartans are said to be light-footed. And Halo 4 is more canon.

With Instant spawn, you can actually play more. Sorry, but its true. Also, 343i said that there will be no InstaSpawn in Objective gametypes, cause It would affect gameplay. And in slayer, YOU said, it doesn't really matter.

Weapons do perform different in every Halo game. You see, Halo:CE's Assault Rifle, wasn't the same as Halo 3's or Halo 2's. I didn't like bloom either, but ... you know, Real Weapons do have some kind of bloom AND recoil, which wasn't added in any Halo game. They just wanted to make it more real.

You know, no smart person would go 50 effing feet up the ground with a sniper. Snipers are precision weapons. Jet packin' takes the precision out. Also, you cant take advantage with the Jetpack, but with the right weapons only. " Also, armor abilities eliminate the implementation of tactics. With this new Promethean vision, there's not point in crouching around the corner to get a stealthy assassination." Promethean vision its not overpowered, it just lets you see a short range, and just one wall at a time. Your vision gets blocked at sides, and you can't see whos on the right or left side of you. Armor abilities make possible new kinds of strategies. Get a Hardlight shield dude to block, a Thruster packer or Jetpacker to attack from the sides or from above, a Hologram for distraction, a Camo dude to stealth from behind, and a Promethean Vision to check your back. Also, you can't assure that every damn player will have Promethean Vision. I think AA's help teamplay in a way never seen before in Halo.

Ranking System. I have never liked ranking system. NEVER. People go around complying because they got paired with someone 3 ranks lower. Reward system is different. I don't really think they should have a rankin, just a reward system. You do something skillful? 100 pts reward, You kill someone in a noobish way, no rewards.

I use Halo b4 CoD logic, because people use Halo is becomin CoD logic. "But to elaborate more, how is Spartan points and loadouts NOT like call of duty. Halo CE/2/3 never had loadouts. Everyone started out with the same thing. This was what made Halo great and unique. Sprinting is another addition that just makes halo seem more call of duty." Spartan Points are currency to buy stuff. Loadouts, many games have loadouts and they make you play like YOU want to play. I know Halo was known for everyone starting the same, and looking and looting for new weapons, but times change, you know, If you don't want it, you don't buy it. If I was you, I would stop complying and go play Halo 3 or 2 Instead. With your commentaries you sound like a CoD fanboy.

Finally, Halo changes, improves. Thats what makes it different from CoD. I'm sure they will not be releasing 1 game per year, and no killstreaks, or killcam, and if they do, What the hell? It's still Halo, and if you love it as we do, you will understand the change and be happy for its progress. Imagine if Halo 2 was exactly the same as Halo: CE, and Halo 3 as CE, and Reach as CE, and ODST as CE. Pretty boring right? Be Happy for change, and if you don't like it, there will always be Classic Playlist, and Halo 3 and 2.

You basically reasserted the typical fanboy casual gamer who does not care about the core of the game staying the same. You can't argue against a ranking system solely based on the fact that YOU alone don't like it. Most hardcore gamers, the gamers that played CE/2/3 daily will say that ranking makes much more sense than progression. And you're wrong about the spiker. 9/10 in close range, I could kill someone faster with two spikers than they could with an AR...it mattered. Dual SMG even trumps AR. And let me remind you, SMG/Plasma Rifle combo is the strongest close range weapon besides the sword and shotgun

Instant respawn as I said doesn't effect slayer THAT much, as i said, THAT much, but it still affects it to an extent that can seriously alter outcomes of a game in a way that most would not want to see happen.

Concerning your counter argument to weapon differences, that's the typical explanation i've heard so many years. Bloom andrecoil...trying to make the game more realistic...but the fact of the matter is, this is HALO, this is a futuristic game entirely fictionalized to the extent that there are zealous aliens attacking humans in the far reaches of space...what about that says that the gameplay should be realistic. If you want realism: I'm a very strong Spartan who's physical alterations and training from early childhood make me the most vicious and deadly accurate soldier in the universe...i'm pretty sure i'm going to be deadly accurate with my BR/DMR/AR...and plus, by this time in humanities time i think we would have invented weapons that minimize recoil so much that there practically is none..

But i digress. A good argument against tuning the guns every time is, "if it ain't broke, why fix it?" Seriously, the BR, sniper, rockets, they weren't broken in H2. But no, Bungie had to get all retarded and go without hitscan in H3 and then add bloom in Reach...

My abilites argument concerning the jetpack was an extreme if you didn't catch that. But what I'm getting at is that these abilities can be abused so much that it makes the game not worth playing. It all goes back to the luck element that Bungie and now 343i is instituting. It's a matter of luck for me to go up against someone with an armour ability that is practically useless for them and gives me a very stark advantage over them. They talk about making the game more fair for people but in reality it gives people who normally would have an equal footing gain a outrageous advantage in combat.

Again, ranking system does matter, you may not like it because you are "a casual gamer" but that's why we have social slayer. Ranking systems are for me and the other gamers who want to show what they are worth and how much skill they have. 1-50 showed this and arena attempted but failed miserably.

You never countered my Halo becoming CoD argument. you merely state that evolution is part of the gaming industry and that every game has loadouts. Telling me, "if you don't want it, you don't buy it" is a fail of an argument because look at it this way. What if all of a sudden Microsoft changed Xbox live services in a way that you just could not utterly stand. What are youg oing to do with your 200-300 dollar console... just stop playing online? Yeah...tell me how that works out. That gets into another issue, IP laws are the bane of the gaming industry and quite frankly its ruining everything. Sure i could buy halo 4 for the campaign, but lets get this straight, more than half the game is based on this sandbox/MMO atmosphere of XBL. I'm buying a game for its online experience, not how good a story is, if i wanted the campaign then i'll shove out 20 bucks and leave it at that.

Btw, I do play halo 3, and i will continue to play it as long as Reach and possibly H4 fail. But you saw what happened to halo 2...they took of the services for those types of games (original xbox games)...So now i can't play halo 2 unless im with 15 other budies of mine in a room with 4 or more tvs... Reality is, to play a similar gameplay I have to buy their new game so I can keep up with the rest of teh community. Honestly, if H4 fails this hard at multiplayer, I will never give Halo another chance. But that's my concern. And no, I'm no CoD fanboy, I absolutely despise the game. Sure I played CoD4, when it was fun and when it was different from H3...but H3 was my "go to" game when i wanted to have an adrenaline rush online.

Yep you got me there...Halo 3 and Reach as CE would be PRETTY BORING...

Nope, it would be a lot better than them... CE is by far the second best in the franchise and H2 will always be that game. Sure, evolution is great, yeah, better graphics, newer weapons (but keeping the core), and newer maps...but you know what, DON'T change how the game plays, that's what causes game sales to go down, its what causes a loss of interest in the community. Why do you think Reach has the lowest ratings of all the Halo games out there? Why is it that there's only a a few thousand people playing in a playlist at a time? Hell, I'll put money on it that more people play H3 still than Halo Reach...me counted as one of them.

You want the god honest truth why me and others complain like we do and why we keep complying with the games they give us? Because we have a hope that someday, someone will be smart enough to change halo back to its former glory and place as the MLG king. Halo was THE game that got MLG started big time. Sure starcraft is great, but Halo was straight up personal. in the early 2000's. We "complainers" and "whiners" just want that game that we all have come to love. You can say, "go play classic" but that's just shooting myself int he foot. I want the "classic game", not some spinoff look alike.

Yeah I'll say. I want halo 2 but with just newer graphics, with a fully functioning multiplayer. That'll make more money than Halo 4 and Halo Reach combined.

• Like 3

Once again SOVA did all the talking for me. I swear us core gamers are all alike. HAHA

very simple halo 4 has to have a good multiplayer or its going on the shelf and i give up with the franchise. And forget the rest of the FPS shooters no competitive game play.

Hopefully Counter strike will come out with a crazy competative community. Which they always do! Counter strike doesn't do any drastics changes like halo did. I watched some gameplay and like SOVA said "we want same game but with better graphic with fully functioning multiplayer"

Guess what Counter Strike - Global offensive did that! LOL :D

I know Sova personally. He had 4 50s in Halo 3 (every game type that still had enough players to get games at 50 later on) and would consistently go in to games on his 50 in Team Slayer and go plus double digits. I would jokingly tell him pre-game to go plus 14, and he often did it. He could have done well at MLG tournaments. You clearly haven't played halo if you are saying there was no recoil, dual smgs in Halo 2 had a ton of recoil, and you don't know what you are talking about when you say that dual weilding did not do anything. SMG Spiker in halo 3 at medium range whooped the BR or the AR and you could get two kills before you had to reload, it was fantastic, and dual weilding cut down on 'nade spamming. That any ranking system works is just a lie. Notice that in Reach they are down to ONE ranked play list and it is barely played. That's because their current ranking system is AWFUL. Several days to get in to a division and then you're in for a month and after that you start over from scratch? And the divisions only divide you in to fifths? And the ranking is based on your personal score so if you hog the rocket launcher and sniper rifle to yourself at the expense of the win that makes you go up? That's all completely retarded. If you played a large number of games in the 50 system you would end up being the rank you should be. It was competitive, thrilling, fun, and made the game successful.

• Like 1

PeytonManThing Is the third smart person i know on this Forum! :D your officially my friend! HAHA

Going to try and get more of my hard core gamer friends in here! Will be so Fing funny!

And I agree with everything you said! :D

I wonder who else has the nerve to go against having a legit ranking system!

Did Twinreaper just give up? I'm still waiting on him to reply to my post on Page 2! Tech Guru! LOL

• Like 1

Once again SOVA did all the talking for me. I swear us core gamers are all alike. HAHA

very simple halo 4 has to have a good multiplayer or its going on the shelf and i give up with the franchise. And forget the rest of the FPS shooters no competitive game play.

Hopefully Counter strike will come out with a crazy competative community. Which they always do! Counter strike doesn't do any drastics changes like halo did. I watched some gameplay and like SOVA said "we want same game but with better graphic with fully functioning multiplayer"

Guess what Counter Strike - Global offensive did that! LOL :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tN93xXfews4

You know what other gameseries doesn't change? CoD

• Like 1