I think you cry too much.

P-1609

I personally think you people wouldn't be crying so much if this game (Halo 4) was still made by Bungie. You are scared to change, to what 343i can do to your (and my) favorite franchise. But we cannot see the damn future. I think 343i is making a great job, and of course there are things I like and dislike, but I still look forwards Halo 4.

>New weapons? Every halo game had new weapons.

>Permanent Sprint? Spartans are very light-footed. They should be able to sprint. Even the Chief, and he is a Spartan-II and those are way more heavier than IV's.

>Instant Spawn? What the hell, it lets you play more.

>No Elites? Halo CE had no elites in Multiplayer. you didn't complain on dat.

>"The weapons do not look the same, and do not perform the same as previous games" Every game had, its own looks and performance.

>Armor abilities? There are always classic playlists.

>Rankin' System? nobody should complain about that, Its just a game, and you progress, shouldn't matter how.

>Looks too CoD? Let me remember you Halo came before CoD and was one (if not the first) of the first FPS on console. CoD looks like Halo, not backwards.

Finally, you can't say anything about the gameplay until playing it by yourselves. Thanks.

Edited by One
  • Like 8

This was unnecessary in my eyes. You could've simply stated that in a nice way. Also, speculation is speculation, and as long as Halo 4 isn't released yet, people will assume, think, discuss, debate, and of course, speculate on the game and the lore within.

• Like 1

While I agree that should have benn stated much better, his viewpoint IS valid. 343has basically at this point, 1 to 2 months.tops of actual development time left before the bug list has to be squashed. Squashing the bugs and errors is.usually a 2 month process and the gap.between release to manufa turer and actual.shipping of the game discs is roughly 3 weeks.

As far as speculation goes its done. What we saw is 99% likely what we are actually going to get. That is unless the demo.they brought to.E3 was months old. Which is highly unlikely.

• Like 3

I personally think you people wouldn't be crying so much if this game (Halo 4) was still made by Bungie. You are scared to change, to what 343i can do to your (and my) favorite franchise. But we cannot see the damn future. I think 343i is making a great job, and of course there are things I like and dislike, but I still look forwards Halo 4.

>New weapons? Every halo game had new weapons.

>Permanent Sprint? Spartans are very light-footed. They should be able to sprint. Even the Chief, and he is a Spartan-II and those are way more heavier than IV's.

>No Elites? Halo CE had no elites in Multiplayer. you didn't complain on dat.

>"The weapons do not look the same, and do not perform the same as previous games" Every game had, its own looks and performance.

>Armor abilities? There are always classic playlists.

>Rankin' System? nobody should complain about that, Its just a game, and you progress, shouldn't matter how.

>Looks too CoD? Let me remember you Halo came before CoD and was one (if not the first) of the first FPS on console. CoD looks like Halo, not backwards.

Finally, you can't say anything about the gameplay until playing it by yourselves. Thanks.

False, Goldeneye among others on N64 and other previous systems were created long before Halo. Halo was the main game that really launched FPS games on consoles.

aside from that, i agree with your viewpoint.

This was unnecessary in my eyes. You could've simply stated that in a nice way. Also, speculation is speculation, and as long as Halo 4 isn't released yet, people will assume, think, discuss, debate, and of course, speculate on the game and the lore within.

i disagree. speculation is speculation but whining is whining. you can't whine about things that have happened every iteration of halo, which is 5 of em. its fine speculating about how armor capabilities can benefit or hurt the game or how respawning can help or hurt, or what weapons should be added or revamped. its another thing to cry about every new capability that you haven't used yet and whine about a glimpse of gameplay. state an opinion, back it up with facts and post it, don't get all emotional about what may come. its like being bummed out about your wedding that's a year away cuz the you don't know how vibrant the flowers you ordered will be in the lighting. i thought all fans of this franchise thought of themselves as spartans, not as unsc grunts. think about when sarge tells one of his soldiers, "get ahold of yourself marine"...get ahold of yourself forum poster. u tryin to live forever?

• Like 2

i disagree. speculation is speculation but whining is whining. you can't whine about things that have happened every iteration of halo, which is 5 of em. its fine speculating about how armor capabilities can benefit or hurt the game or how respawning can help or hurt, or what weapons should be added or revamped. its another thing to cry about every new capability that you haven't used yet and whine about a glimpse of gameplay. state an opinion, back it up with facts and post it, don't get all emotional about what may come. its like being bummed out about your wedding that's a year away cuz the you don't know how vibrant the flowers you ordered will be in the lighting. i thought all fans of this franchise thought of themselves as spartans, not as unsc grunts. think about when sarge tells one of his soldiers, "get ahold of yourself marine"...get ahold of yourself forum poster. u tryin to live forever?

well said

False, Goldeneye among others on N64 and other previous systems were created long before Halo. Halo was the main game that really launched FPS games on consoles.

aside from that, i agree with your viewpoint.

OH YEAH! I totally forgot Goldeneye. That's why I said one of the first :)

There will always be a division between the nostalgia-driven, retrospective, anti-change Halo fans and the change-welcoming, prospective Halo fans. Whichever you prefer, you'll never be able convince anyone on the opposite side to your views, so all the hate threads are entirely pointless. Each to their own, period.

Silvi = instant spawn is a good idea but i would ruin the competative commnuity because the 3-4 second respawn time a team can make a game changing playand take advantage of being a player up.

But that can always be changed. i Think this will most likely be implamented in slayer mods, for sure not objective game type.

Silvi = Are you kidding me. Did you not see halo reach fail and watch the population plummet? Halo reach's ranking system is horrible! has no Purpose or insentive to win and rather pointless! I know you probrably don't play competativly so i would understand you dont care! LOL Yeah i does matter how! Ill explain it! You win you rank up, If you lose you rank down! I don't see how thats so complicated to implament in a game. People complain about how people will make boosters. If they used halo 2 ranking system you can boost!. Getting a 50 in halo 2 was almost impossible. As for people who complain about people who standby or host boot there is an easy fix, 343 has to have dedicated servers! If they control host nobody can cheat. and if someone tries to host boot there system will notice right away and that person will get banned! So in other words there is no reason why not to have a 1-50 ranking system!

I <3 competative gameplay! :D Good luck to anyone trying to win against the 1-50 discussion! LOL

Having dedicated servers does not solve the issue of cheating. As a long time server hoster I can tell you first hand that there is an infinite amount of possabilities to work.around a host and falsify incoming data to said host. Every game that incoporates a rank.system has flaws that can be exploited. Halo 4 will be do different in this aspect. As I stated before, everyone has a right, and has a valid point to complain and point out things they saw. The game is 99% done dev time and all 343i likely has time for now...is to go thru the bug list.

Along the lines of a ranking system making gameplay more.competative...you have to be joking me. A silly number makes you play harder or makes you want to win? Thats sad. Competition is not soley defined by the rank in which you hold. Competative spirit is.born from an individuals own free will and.need to win...regardless of the payoff. If you really want to.describe more accuratly what YOU conacider to be rank and.competative then call that need what it truly is... An excuse to feel.superior and show it off. You really want to.feel better than everyone else? Then show it in-game...you dont need a number to prove your better than someone else. Doing something like a number rank would be like me.going up to an assistant manager at work, and telling them that because I am.a General Manager, I am better than they are at managing things. Completely untrue and false. Your stance or skill is.not.soley defined by a title or a number. Only team type.play can by properly defined this way...not individuals.

Having dedicated servers does not solve the issue of cheating. As a long time server hoster I can tell you first hand that there is an infinite amount of possabilities to work.around a host and falsify incoming data to said host. Every game that incoporates a rank.system has flaws that can be exploited. Halo 4 will be do different in this aspect. As I stated before, everyone has a right, and has a valid point to complain and point out things they saw. The game is 99% done dev time and all 343i likely has time for now...is to go thru the bug list.

Along the lines of a ranking system making gameplay more.competative...you have to be joking me. A silly number makes you play harder or makes you want to win? Thats sad. Competition is not soley defined by the rank in which you hold. Competative spirit is.born from an individuals own free will and.need to win...regardless of the payoff. If you really want to.describe more accuratly what YOU conacider to be rank and.competative then call that need what it truly is... An excuse to feel.superior and show it off. You really want to.feel better than everyone else? Then show it in-game...you dont need a number to prove your better than someone else. Doing something like a number rank would be like me.going up to an assistant manager at work, and telling them that because I am.a General Manager, I am better than they are at managing things. Completely untrue and false. Your stance or skill is.not.soley defined by a title or a number. Only team type.play can by properly defined this way...not individuals.

Here we go again haha. Just kidding Im not going to go into why I completely disagree. More importantly, I agree with everything the OP said except ranking system. Your right. We need to embrace change, and I like what I am seeing for the most part.

Do you know much about host booting or standbying? When you are standbying you force host to a particular player therefore you can falsify incoming data giving you the advantage. When you have host you can trick the system and slow down the rate of package transfer for anyone who is not in your team. As for host booting, as long as someone can obtain you IP your done for, with dedicated servers I would think it would increase the odds of them catching someone trying to flood someone else’s IP. But I’m sure if they did have dedicated servers it would be a more complex system in order to cheat. Wouldn’t hurt to try I think.

As for the silly number! It shows a sense of actually achieving something in the game! A lot of people like getting all the achievement for their silly number “GAMERSCORE” I don’t care about this silly number cause it proves nothing nor show your standings besides the fact you did some easy achievement that any average human can do. Except in Halo this silly number shows you actually earned your position, and you have to keep playing good in order to keep it or to progress forward. Ranking system gives the game a sense of purpose to actually play and try to win, rather than not caring if you win or lose. Yes, I have tried just playing this DUMB REACH GAME. You said "Then show it in-game" I have tried showing it and it gets me nowhere. There system matches you up against any random player good, bad, or terrible. I actually want to play against somebody who plays at my level or higher so I can find room for improvement, or at least have to put some form of effort to win.

:popo: LOL

• Like 2

There will always be a division between the nostalgia-driven, retrospective, anti-change Halo fans and the change-welcoming, prospective Halo fans. Whichever you prefer, you'll never be able convince anyone on the opposite side to your views, so all the hate threads are entirely pointless. Each to their own, period.

False. i'm both. :D

• Like 1

Idk instant spawn can sometimes be a bad thing don't forget about those untimely "spawn traps"

If anything, instant respawn may reduce spawn trapping.

The trapper wont know exactly when you're going to spawn. Also, if you choose to spawn immediately, he might not have had the time to set up a trap.

• Like 1