Team Killing Solution - Halo 4

l0rd grimreaper

Hey guys,

One I would like to see controlled a little better would be team killing in halo 4. (SO far I have every bit of confidence in halo 4).

I admit, I do get annoyed of the constant team killing, wether it just be totally random, or over a power weapon, sniper, rocket, etc.

Though instead of whinging, I actually have a solution.

THe idea is this, its kind of like Shield vampirism, but in reverse. So when your team mate shoots you, it actually doesnt affect your shield/health at all, but takes away health on their shield/health. The second part to this feature would be, if they self kill themselves twice consistantly then they get autobooted.

The only negative I can see to this is, if you accidently shoot your own team mates, but when that happens, its usually only a one burst/shot mistake. Perhaps it could be made that the first bullet does not count, that way when noobs jump in front of their team mate sniping...the sniper does not get penalised.

What are your thoughts?

• Like 1

Interesting idea. It would definitely stop people team killing.

But would it detract from the fun of the game. Sometimes when playing with friends we will try and no scope each other for an "overkill" if we have just got a triple on the other team and there's no one else around.

Also I dont see how 343 can explain the technology behind how that would happen, but haven't really though about it.

This is an interesting idea, although I'm not sure about the autoboot thing - I'm assuming you thought of that to stop people just betraying themselves over and over in order to lose points and cost their team the game, but they could just do that via suicides anyway.

It could also potentially lead to new kinds of trolling - someone goes and grabs the Rocket Launcher and just stands aiming it into a corner half a map from the nearest enemy, knowing that if one of their teammates want to actually use the weapon to do some damage they have to wait for an enemy to kill the troll first. I don't know what could be done about that, but it would make a nice change to pick up the Sniper Rifle in a Team Slayer game and not have seven people suddenly shooting at you.

It's definitely a better idea than just no friendly fire damage at all though, as players would still have to be careful about not hitting teammates - putting strategy and tactics into your attacks is what has always set Halo apart from more arcade-style shooters. As long as there's still an option for more traditional means of friendly fire in Custom Games, I think this is a great idea and shouldl definitely be the standard style used in Matchmaking!

This is an interesting idea, although I'm not sure about the autoboot thing - I'm assuming you thought of that to stop people just betraying themselves over and over in order to lose points and cost their team the game, but they could just do that via suicides anyway.

It could also potentially lead to new kinds of trolling - someone goes and grabs the Rocket Launcher and just stands aiming it into a corner half a map from the nearest enemy, knowing that if one of their teammates want to actually use the weapon to do some damage they have to wait for an enemy to kill the troll first. I don't know what could be done about that, but it would make a nice change to pick up the Sniper Rifle in a Team Slayer game and not have seven people suddenly shooting at you.

It's definitely a better idea than just no friendly fire damage at all though, as players would still have to be careful about not hitting teammates - putting strategy and tactics into your attacks is what has always set Halo apart from more arcade-style shooters. As long as there's still an option for more traditional means of friendly fire in Custom Games, I think this is a great idea and shouldl definitely be the standard style used in Matchmaking!

Oh jeez, that's never happened to me. I've always had teammates kill me as I try to get away in my Revenant. Why they want it so bad as to get booted, IDK.

I just want the team-killing out of the picture its annoying, people would soon use this to their advantage to be able to boot you, see I have a weird GT (complicatedPony) and whenever I am in a lobby even as the leader, I can see the number of kicks counting up beside my name every few seconds (GTA) it gets annoying, so I think you shouldnt be able to kill your own teammates, and what you said your teammates would prob just jump next to a grenade, sticky, rocket or any other kind of explosive, it would get annoying

The downside on this when you throw a random grenade across the map and you happen to hit a team mate you will just drop dead and that might look a little bit weird to other players and I know realism doesnt play a big role in halo that will look quite unrealistic

• Like 1

Pretty much, but I see your point. Perhaps the autoboot is not the best option, though I still see the shield vampirism a solution to you getting team killed.

The downside on this when you throw a random grenade across the map and you happen to hit a team mate you will just drop dead and that might look a little bit weird to other players and I know realism doesnt play a big role in halo that will look quite unrealistic

I don't think Nades should still have that affect, I was merely referring to weapons (though in thought, maybe they should). My apologies for not being as clear as I should have been.

I know you can counter argue by saying, then they will just nade you if it didn't apply to grenades... but generally players are only carrying two grenades. Albeit if it did apply....Can I ask, How often to do you thrown random grenades in a game and betray your team mates??? Surely you don't constantly throw and get more than two betrayals per game..

Not to mention, as I said in my first post, that the first shot or even the first grenade does not count, its when its happening in succession to one another. Lets be honest, occasionally, we all get accidently betrayed or we accidently betray our team, that's part of the game. When its happening over and over on purpose and with intent, then that's a different story.