When Personalities Colide, Who I am and whats right/wrong with me...

Roun Cole

What do you think.  

5 members have voted

1. 1. After reading this, what do you think about me?

• (thumb up)
    • (thumb down)
    • I dont care...

Hello everyone, ive been getting into some hot water recently for what I believe are little things, and I feel compelled to explain myself...

I love having fun, this is engrained in who I am, and at the same time I can be a real ass hole, ask some of my friends,(shadywolf15) on xboxlive, he of all people can give you a few bad words on how much of an ass I can be.

:banghead: But all and all we are good friends, thats just how we are together.

And honestly ive seen a few things in life that do make it hard for me to lighten up and keep my cool when people are really trying to pick a fight with me for what ever reason, I am very passionate about my beliefs, I will stop and explain my conviction and reasonings for this or this issue/topic, but I truly believe that I am in the right, so when I fight for something I make damn sure I know what im looking at and that its the truth. If I can be disproven in my views I will own up to it, but I will fight tooth and nail for every little thing, because as I see it nothing is little, everything in life matters, and if you dont care about something, that just shows me how much you dont matter...

Everyone should have convictions on everything, and anyone who sits on the fence will and should be shot from both sides...

As I said before I wandered off on that tangent, I love having fun.

:awesome:

A considerable kink in my personality is a sharpness, again from past experiences, is that I have almost no lovidovy bones in my body, when I see people at churchs or where ever who are always extra nice I get caught of balance, most of the time my friends and I take shots at each other over what ever just because we can, but we dont do anything to intentionally try and hurt each other, this of all things is the one thing that people need to know about me, especially in text, if you are not paying attention, you may not be able to tell if im messing around or picking a fight, which I dont like to pick fights that much, I do what I do because its funny and cheerful for me, not everyone can appreciate that...

All of that aside I have a big heart I do care about people, I really do, when someone else succeeds I get a bi-carious sense of achievement, because I want to see good people get what they want, the flip side is that I dont care whither bad people live or die, I would dance on there grave if thats what it came down to.

I dont know what else to say, I dont want to put my whole life up here like im supposed to be someone special, I personally hate jackasses like that who think every last thing they do should be a spectator sport, its the work of your hands, and the cause you defend that gives your life meaning...

Anyway, nothing else comes to mind, short lived as it is, this is who I am, judge me as you see fit, but be warned, the splinter in my eye is usually much smaller than those of people who love to criticize...

:nuke: =@ ..... :sweat:

• Like 1

Great explanation Cole. This is something lacking in the forums as of late. Good to.see someone take some initiative and explain why they feel the way they do.when it.comes to their.content here. Lots of you guys here should take this as a n example and perhaps do the same.

No matter what differences we have Cole I respect your positions and stances. Hope you stick around for a long time, I have a sneaky suspicion that the ass side of you and me are gonna have some big laughs.

Great explanation Cole. This is something lacking in the forums as of late. Good to.see someone take some initiative and explain why they feel the way they do.when it.comes to their.content here. Lots of you guys here should take this as a n example and perhaps do the same.

No matter what differences we have Cole I respect your positions and stances. Hope you stick around for a long time, I have a sneaky suspicion that the ass side of you and me are gonna have some big laughs.

Ive never heard of laughing asses before but it sounds fun enough. :laughing:

LIke I said early on, im in hot water on this site, ive been banned from shoutbox for pretty much nothing at all, so I dont know if I will stick around if theres not a whole lot that I can do...

Id say there was tons to do on here but when you curse and call people names that qualifies for a ban. After reading this though Cole I have a better understanding of you. I see why you've done what you have in the past but I think you can work towards curbing your language. With practice of course :P

Id say there was tons to do on here but when you curse and call people names that qualifies for a ban. After reading this though Cole I have a better understanding of you. I see why you've done what you have in the past but I think you can work towards curbing your language. With practice of course :P

Well, langauge is one of the worst habits that anyone has ever had, and really, I dont think its such a bad deal, if your aiming it at someone maliciously to hurt someone thats understandable, but whats the difference between the 'distasteful' words, and the words that arent? Crap, s-word, f-word, they all have virtually the same meaning in common use, yet crap is acceptable while the other two are not, the only time when the other two change there meaning is when they are aimed at someone as an attack...

But heres the thing, I wasnt banned from the shoutbox because of language, I was banned for petty things like ironic humor, and intentionally miss spelling someones 'name' to get a rise out of them, I dont think its fair, basically the only thing that happened is that someone complained that they didnt like the that I mess with them, so I get shot in the head...

Im making an appeal to the site owner about this, but I dont know if he will ever respond...

My honest opinion is that you take this stuff too seriously and like to talk about yourself a tad too much. We should try to keep threads in the general discussion from being places for people to stoke their own ego's. Even if your being self deprecating, its unhealthy for you to think about yourself so much, and its even worse when you talk about yourself to other people. This is good general advice for everything, not just internet forums.

At the very least, keep this kind of thing to the introduction forum.

Apologies if this seems rather dickish.

• Like 2

My honest opinion is that you take this stuff too seriously and like to talk about yourself a tad too much. We should try to keep threads in the general discussion from being places for people to stoke their own ego's. Even if your being self deprecating, its unhealthy for you to think about yourself so much, and its even worse when you talk about yourself to other people. This is good general advice for everything, not just internet forums.

At the very least, keep this kind of thing to the introduction forum.

Apologies if this seems rather dickish.

Well yeah, dickish is a word... Im not trying in inflate my ego... Im giving an explanation about why I act the way I do, and honestly, dont tell me not to talk about myself when clearly im not allowed to talk about anyone or anything else, I had to 'request' permission to post in threads after I was banned from the shout box, if you were completely Isolated from the whole world for a good while you would be trapped inside your own mind too...

And the honest truth, compared to all the people on xboxlive, I am extremely mild, I dont run around looking for someone to beat up on, that makes me better than them I dont know how many levels, the point of all of this is that I shouldnt be banned for being me, especially when im not half as bad as the real ass holes we all know exist...

I see where you're coming from. But just read and follow the rules. Don't go against what moderators/admin(s) say and then you, them and everyone else will be happy :D

Its easy to say 'follow the rules' but what rule did I break exactly? The no talking to snot nosed children rule? Or the dont even look at people in a bad mood claus?

This whole thing is stupid I never did anything wrong, and justice is blind...

Well yeah, dickish is a word... Im not trying in inflate my ego... Im giving an explanation about why I act the way I do, and honestly, dont tell me not to talk about myself when clearly im not allowed to talk about anyone or anything else, I had to 'request' permission to post in threads after I was banned from the shout box, if you were completely Isolated from the whole world for a good while you would be trapped inside your own mind too...

And the honest truth, compared to all the people on xboxlive, I am extremely mild, I dont run around looking for someone to beat up on, that makes me better than them I dont know how many levels, the point of all of this is that I shouldnt be banned for being me, especially when im not half as bad as the real ass holes we all know exist...

I will take your word for all that, cuz I really can't know whats going on in your head.

Its easy to say 'follow the rules' but what rule did I break exactly? The no talking to snot nosed children rule? Or the dont even look at people in a bad mood claus?

This whole thing is stupid I never did anything wrong, and justice is blind...

Neither, the insulting of members and not stopping when told to.

Hi, Mr. Cole. :hi: Mind if I ask how you pronounce "Roun"? Does it sound like "oh", "oo", or "ow" like I just stubbed my toe? :question: Just curious.

I can't speak for other members, nor our mods, though I was given the title of Spiritual Leader for a reason by AbsoluteDog, a guy all of us regulars respect and love. And I feel confident when I say that if you were given a warning about your behavior and dismissed it to continue going on doing what you were doing, then you deserved the Shoutbox-ban. I have never heard of a case where someone was banned from the Shoutbox or the site itself without fore-warning.

However, if you can honestly tell people that you had not been given prior warning by a mod before receiving your ban from the Shoutbox, then I would apologize for the apparent injustice you've suffered, Mr. Cole.

You're correct in your belief that a person should not be persecuted for being who they are. But by that logic, the same should be said for animals like bears, sharks or piranhas that are a risk to your safety, should you happen to be in their habitat. It's just their nature.

Humans also have a nature. A nature to protect themselves and even each other, should they find themselves sympathetic to one another.

In this case, Mr. Cole, you had apparently been offending your fellow community members. You had apparently said things that were rubbing people the wrong way, and in a small dose it may have been excused. But if you were overdoing it and causing too much friction, you have to understand that people eventually refuse to put up with it anymore. And whether to defend themselves or someone else against it, they'll do what they're allowed to do by law (the rules, in our case) to put a stop to it.

You may think you had done nothing wrong. And amongst your friends it may be seen as innocent fun. But amongst people who don't know you, and who have a different standard of what they find amusing, you can't expect a reaction similar to what you get out of your friends.

It's like a white person walking into the middle of an all-black neighborhood and shouting the N-word like he owns it.

Be glad that you were only Shoutbox-banned. We don't want to lose members, but we aren't willing to tolerate ones who refuse to treat people the way those people are comfortable being treated. It doesn't mean you have to "stop being you". It just means: dial it down a few notches.

Show us that you understand. Show us that you know you wouldn't want someone wandering into your house and behaving in a way that irritates you or that makes you uncomfortable. Then you're likely not to receive any more flack for the incident, and won't have to worry about losing your Shoutbox privileges again unless there's another incident - which there shouldn't be. Right, Mr. Cole?

Just hang in there and try to understand. You are not being crucified. You're just being taught a lesson. You're not the first one to receive it, and you're not likely to be the last.

I hope to see you around the forums and, one day soon, in the Shoutbox, Mr. Cole. :heart: Be good. ^_^

• Like 3

Hi, Mr. Cole. :hi: Mind if I ask how you pronounce "Roun"? Does it sound like "oh", "oo", or "ow" like I just stubbed my toe? :question: Just curious.

I can't speak for other members, nor our mods, though I was given the title of Spiritual Leader for a reason by AbsoluteDog, a guy all of us regulars respect and love. And I feel confident when I say that if you were given a warning about your behavior and dismissed it to continue going on doing what you were doing, then you deserved the Shoutbox-ban. I have never heard of a case where someone was banned from the Shoutbox or the site itself without fore-warning.

However, if you can honestly tell people that you had not been given prior warning by a mod before receiving your ban from the Shoutbox, then I would apologize for the apparent injustice you've suffered, Mr. Cole.

You're correct in your belief that a person should not be persecuted for being who they are. But by that logic, the same should be said for animals like bears, sharks or piranhas that are a risk to your safety, should you happen to be in their habitat. It's just their nature.

Humans also have a nature. A nature to protect themselves and even each other, should they find themselves sympathetic to one another.

In this case, Mr. Cole, you had apparently been offending your fellow community members. You had apparently said things that were rubbing people the wrong way, and in a small dose it may have been excused. But if you were overdoing it and causing too much friction, you have to understand that people eventually refuse to put up with it anymore. And whether to defend themselves or someone else against it, they'll do what they're allowed to do by law (the rules, in our case) to put a stop to it.

You may think you had done nothing wrong. And amongst your friends it may be seen as innocent fun. But amongst people who don't know you, and who have a different standard of what they find amusing, you can't expect a reaction similar to what you get out of your friends.

It's like a white person walking into the middle of an all-black neighborhood and shouting the N-word like he owns it.

Be glad that you were only Shoutbox-banned. We don't want to lose members, but we aren't willing to tolerate ones who refuse to treat people the way those people are comfortable being treated. It doesn't mean you have to "stop being you". It just means: dial it down a few notches.

Show us that you understand. Show us that you know you wouldn't want someone wandering into your house and behaving in a way that irritates you or that makes you uncomfortable. Then you're likely not to receive any more flack for the incident, and won't have to worry about losing your Shoutbox privileges again unless there's another incident - which there shouldn't be. Right, Mr. Cole?

Just hang in there and try to understand. You are not being crucified. You're just being taught a lesson. You're not the first one to receive it, and you're not likely to be the last.

I hope to see you around the forums and, one day soon, in the Shoutbox, Mr. Cole. :heart: Be good. ^_^

..... Its hardly comparable to yelling the N-word in an all black neighborhood...

Im telling you, the first time it happened I was being silly, I was going someone compliments with angry emotes, I love you! :realmad: :2guns: :wallbash:

The second time I miss spelled someones name, 'ELIY' 'ELLY' these are playground humor, I dont believe for one second that ive done anything wrong, give me the list of rules where these kind of acts are wrong? Show me in the rule book how wrong I am.....

Not both, but individually, I was banned from the shout box, forget me being an ass hole, if you were to enforce this across the board, then no one would be in the shout box, everyone would be killed off for the smallest infraction...

The whole time ive been here there most of have been a dozen times where my blood was boiling because I go to make a point in the forum and people tell me that I am not only flat out wrong, but that I am a stupid worthless sub-animal for believing it, when they dont even take the time to read the point I was making, yet I dont sit here yelling at the top of my lungs, KILL THEM ALL! KILL THEM ALL!!!!!!

:vava: I dont know what to think... People will always be offended by something, thats how it is, it can never change, and the thing is, no one ever asked me if I was offended by what was being said to me, or if I was offended for being ostracized... Now that you mention it, I dont recall being warned really, the first time it happened there was no warning at all, all I remember is the kid telling me that he wasnt amused by the irony, then the whole bar goes red and the world ends...

The second time other people began telling me that it was a problem, the one kid 'eliy' 'elly' 'martha' 'susan' what ever the hell he decides to call himself, he had the usual display of immature yelling that happens, when other people started to complain about it I said sure, ok, im done, what ever, I moved on, then I was banned from the shout box after agreeing to stop...

Again, its childish fun, if people get so offended by it, then THEY shouldnt be here, I dare one of them to spend ten minutes on xboxlive without trying to kill themselves... Parents would understand, ive seen children in public, screaming and yelling out of there minds because they dont get there way, this one boy kept yelling in a fit of rage because his sister wouldnt let him win at air hockey, if he cant be mature enough to keep his cool, then he shouldnt play the game...

I tell you, I was not warned, the first time no warning, just ban, the second time I agreed to stop, ban, I dont care about the hen pecking argument that no one should have had to tell me to stop, that by all rights I should be banned just because, I was playing, nothing more, if small children cant play without getting mad, then its time for a time out...

I dont know what lesson im being expected to learn, in situations like this its always jackboot thugs lording power, someone gets upset so they cry to the teacher who favors them without ever asking for both sides of the story, when you dont get a trail, its called jackboot...

Its mixed emotions for me, im truly saddened by all of this, but when I really get to thinking about all of it, everything thats been said to me, all the petty excuses for why I am pure evil, all I feel is outrage because I know for a fact that I have done nothing wrong, so what I was being childish, so what I was a bit of a bully, is that enough to kill someone over?

Its not like I got flagged and kicked out of the shout box for an hour and given a warning, I got shot in the head..... And to make it even better, I have admins like Jester preaching at me about how bad of a person I am, never asking me why I do what I do, never asking me for my side of the story, never ever ever considering me as an equal to the gods that I have offended...

I wrote a personal letter to the site owner over a week ago, and nothing, not even a scripted jargon response stating that he doesnt give a damn, nothing.....

In my life, I have seen so meny times where people refuse to care whither I live or die, a great number of times it just happened that way, and I have been burned, badly even, until I finally reached the point where I didnt want to get kicked around and left for dead, I decided that when push came to shove I would fight back...

When people tell me that they dont care if I live or die, I get angry, I fight, I do all that I can to survive, because I refuse to be trampled and left for dead one more time... Not one more time.....

If you people dont care about me, not even the slitest, then whats the point of being here... I dont want to leave, I liked it here before.... all of this... but if its so easy, so easy to be slated for execution, and to have nothing but shame and ridicule as the answer to all my cries of help, then what? whats left at the end of it all?

I was banned from the waypoint forums for over 200 years on one account 400 on another, for proving a point that people didnt want to hear, they dont give a damn, and from the looks of things, its going to be the same here, so just shoot me, if there is no point in even trying, then just delete my profile, kill me already...

If you most know, its pronounced `raun` as in round with out the D roun-d, dont ask me how that got started, I do not know...

Roun...I was on at the tail end of the incident where people were getting pissed at them and you they...you were being a jerk. I don't remember specifically what you said, simply beacuse I don't remember what trolls say and frankly thats precisely what you were acting like. Just admit it was stupid on your part and move on. Hell, you don't evne have to admit it, just ignore this thread, stop posting in it, and let time wash this stupid little conflict away, no matter who's fault it was.

No one cares about anyone who acts like a jerk. I suggest, if you want to be a good constructive member of this forum, stop arguing about this.

And note to Roun AND Father B, For gods sake will you all stop being so melodramatic? We don't need these long rants about the Community "banding togethor like a family to defend itself" or stuff about how "the community doesn't care so I do what I can to survive!". Its the internet. Our community is important, and good, but it is demeaned by these stupid infantile rants where people treat a petty little issue like Roun's rant with such incredible drama. Will you imagine for one second how annoying it would be if you were bickering with your family and whoever your arguing with starts coming out with overly dramatic, high minded and pretentious platitudes? Beacuse that is the quality of drivel BOTH of you numbskulls just exchanged.

You sound like High School Drama students bitching at eachother over who spilled the chocalate milk.

• Like 2

Roun...I was on at the tail end of the incident where people were getting pissed at them and you they...you were being a jerk. I don't remember specifically what you said, simply beacuse I don't remember what trolls say and frankly thats precisely what you were acting like. Just admit it was stupid on your part and move on. Hell, you don't evne have to admit it, just ignore this thread, stop posting in it, and let time wash this stupid little conflict away, no matter who's fault it was.

No one cares about anyone who acts like a jerk. I suggest, if you want to be a good constructive member of this forum, stop arguing about this.

And note to Roun AND Father B, For gods sake will you all stop being so melodramatic? We don't need these long rants about the Community "banding togethor like a family to defend itself" or stuff about how "the community doesn't care so I do what I can to survive!". Its the internet. Our community is important, and good, but it is demeaned by these stupid infantile rants where people treat a petty little issue like Roun's rant with such incredible drama. Will you imagine for one second how annoying it would be if you were bickering with your family and whoever your arguing with starts coming out with overly dramatic, high minded and pretentious platitudes? Beacuse that is the quality of drivel BOTH of you numbskulls just exchanged.

You sound like High School Drama students bitching at eachother over who spilled the chocalate milk.

Totally agreed, though i wont wall of text, like you guys. Ill say this. Speak your words carefully, people get upset at what you say, and if they do, its your fault, not theirs. So you should be more considerate of others, before going out and saying things. As for this topic, i think you have gotten you point across, but you should follow what other members before you have set, not come around and muck it up with what you did.

And as for Viva, if you were on /b/ and said

You sound like High School Drama students bitching at each other over who spilled the chocolate milk.

you would be banned lol, NO ONE SPILLS CHOCOLATE MILK!

• Like 1

never asking me for my side of the story, never ever ever considering me as an equal to the gods that I have offended...

I like this part. Very well written Roun.

I don't ever do this but:

Requesting thread lock por favor. This has been solved and I fear a new conflict will arise if it isn't locked.

• Like 1

""And note to Roun AND Father B, For gods sake will you all stop being so melodramatic? We don't need these long rants about the Community "banding togethor like a family to defend itself" or stuff about how "the community doesn't care so I do what I can to survive!" ""

Yeah, thanks for taking that all out of context, I was using this as a microcosm example of crap in my life, for example, I have post traumatic stress PTSD of you will, from the loud booming sounds that come from stereos when people blare the base with the actual music very low, I spent two years living in a park filled with illegals who kept looking at me as if I were crazy when I said I wanted some peace and quite so I could study... Then I went to a church where everything was uncharacteristically loud, I asked them if they could turn the base down, they said it was 'normal' when clearly it was not. I insisted that I had a real problem with out loud it was, they told me if I didnt like it I could leave, not caring whither I live or die, I ended up walking down the hill from the main building and I could still feel it pounding in my chest about a quarter mile away, and as it turns out it was never that loud ever again, but I still earned a black mark and was harassed by staff ever sense. From a church of all places!

The point is that people dont give a damn whither I live or die, and rather than being trampled and left for dead, rail against the crown and do all that you can to survive... Its amazing how people can take something so simple and complicate it into something it is not...

And yes, I 'admitted that I was a jerk' reread the first paragraph at the top, the point of all of this is that I still have a life time ban from the shout box, and I still cant just have casual conversation with anyone..... Where is the confusion in this problem?

I like this part. Very well written Roun.

I don't ever do this but:

Requesting thread lock por favor. This has been solved and I fear a new conflict will arise if it isn't locked.

Is it not true? Someone got upset and now I have a life sentence away from the shoutbox, its like lightning being cast from the sky over what I have done, what exactly ive done, I dont really know, I called someone a childish name, and made ironic humor to another, so lock your own thread, your not trapped in isolation....

FACTS

member was banned for continually insulting other members, using foull / abusive language in the shoutbox. was warned in the shoutbox several times by moderators to stop.

Didnt stop, was given 1 final warning in shoutbox to stop or he would be banned

Continued, so was banned by moderator

3 days later member sent myself a pm asking to be unbanned and apologising.

Everybody deserves a second chance.

Member was unbanned.

within 6 hours, yes 6 hours, member was again insulting fellow members, again using foul & abusive language

Member was asked to stop, several times.

Member didnt stop, so was banned AGAIN

Those are the facts.

Lets get all the facts out there when giving a story please

• Like 3