INFINATE

Noahsammy99

So here is my cool idea. After Halo 4 343 should start production on a game I created called "Halo Infinate". I don't know what the game will be about but I hope you guys will give me suggestions on the game. I would like to help. Here is a note to 343; if y ou do decide to turn this into a finished product dont forget to give me credit and 10% prophet made on the product. Just kidding I only want 5%. please let me know if you have any suggestions on the game. This project will be secret. I will recruit three members that will help me with sugestions. Im only putting this out to inform you all. I wish I could let every one in on it but I dont want every one to know all the secrets and stuff.

Not 100% certain, but I have a feeling this is in the wrong forum. :question: Well, anyway...

First bit of help you'll get: "Infinite". No hatin'. Just a helping hand. :yes :heart:

So... You want to name the game after the largest UNSC vessel ever constructed. The very vessel which serves as HQ to its SPARTAN-IV's.

The first thing I think of is "War Games". After all, wasn't "Infinite" its original working title? So, assuming you wanted a purely Multiplayer experience, the title is an apt choice.

If, however, you wanted a new campaign experience, the first thing I think of is something similar to Halo 3: ODST or Halo: Reach -- a campaign played as a character who doesn't answer to the name "Master Chief". That said, you'd likely be playing as a SPARTAN-IV whose base of operations is the Infinity.

Small hurdle to leap: Spartan Ops is already a campaign where the Infinity is the base of operations.

So what then do we need to set it apart and keep gamers from believing that this idea isn't just a CoD-esque money-grab...? *Puts on his thinking cap.* :sorcerer:

Well, after a few seconds of thought, I believe that the obvious solution is a re-titling and an awesome story. Mind you, I said the solution is "obvious", not "easy".

Making a spinoff work is tough. The job of saving the galaxy is already in the hands of the luckiest S.O.B. who ever was. There isn't a lot of wiggle room, especially in the aftermath of the Human-Covenant war -- not while the Chief is still alive. And, while the UNSC believes he's dead, we know better than to count him out over a small slipspace incident, right? Right. :yes

So what then... What could this unknown SPARTAN-IV possibly do that would make for a riveting and memorable campaign... In Halo 3: ODST we saw the New Mombasa incident up close, and it was good times, but in the end I believe that it was just a test bed for Firefight, and a way to give Nathan Fillion, Alan Tudyk and Adam Baldwin starring voice roles in a Bungie title after their impressive voiceover work in Halo 3 -- not to mention a way to get some nice jazz saxophone music into a Halo title (I personally loved it!)

So what to do... What to do...

My thinking cap is failing me. :mellow: Anyone got any lemons?

I suppose another obvious answer to the question of Plot is to incorporate a key element of the secrets yet to be discovered by Chief and the gang.

Anyone have any idea what something like that might be? I haven't read the new books (Glasslands or later releases), so I haven't many details of the mysterious precursor species to the Forerunners. :mellow:

A story that runs parallel to both the Master Chief story and Spartan Ops... I believe that is what's needed. I'll be damned if I know how to achieve it, though. Maybe my thinking cap is worn-out.

Thus ends my contribution to the topic: a bit of thinking and guidance, hopefully pointing you and whomever you elect to aid you in the right direction.

• Like 1

When you think about how Bungie handled the Halo universe in every Halo game except for Halo 2, what do you think was going on behind the scenes? We see Chief and Arby's side of the story, however, thinking to the Novels, Where's the rest of the species I've grown to love alongside the rest of the Covenant? Dadab's story was inspirational, to say the least, so I would think it to be very interesting to see the other side of this Universe. The darker, more seceritive Covenant has many mysteries yet to be told. Drones, as potrayed in-game, are exactly that, they don't do much. However, if we were to see the world from thier eyes, what would we see? With the slave state they are in, we get to see a side of Halo that isn't touched upon much, and as such, it really makes you question weather you really are doing the right thing or not by killing a species that was tortured, conquered, and forced into doing it for a Fake Religion....

This gameplay would take the concept from Halo Reach, the jetpack, and expand it tenfold, making it feel as though you TRULY are an ariel predator ready to strike at anything and anyone unsuspecting. Teamwork of colony members would be of the utmost essence in efficiancy, and with that being said, it would create a soley unique experience that is one of a kind for everyone alike...

I knnow I'm in the vocal minority when it comes to Liking Covenant species, but deep down the rough exterior of these "Drones," I believe there's a rich and diverse history to be found of a species that had much to think for after the final expulsion in Halo 3... Where are they now? We want answers, and the thought provoking storytelling will only prove to convert people such as myself to this side that dosen't like Master Chief very much after seeing this mostly undiscovered Diversity.