Xbox 720 the 'inside' exclusive - Apparently due for release late 2013

Lazmarr

It has not even been officially announced and 2012 is almost over, I can surely say "it definately will not come out in 2013" because practically all the time, they announce new consoles like a year/year and a half before they are released.

On top of it all, these are ALL rumours, which means the "Xbox 720" doesn't actually exist.

They have E3 2013 to make an announcement which will give them enough time to declare a release date of the end of 2013.

They normally release it quite awhile after its announced IE a year/year and a half.

Not true. Nintendo announced the Wii U THIS year (just over a month ago), Thursday September 13th to be precise, at a Japanese conference and European press event and it is to be released in time for Christmas.

Your statement is flawed.

Not true. Nintendo announced the Wii U THIS year (just over a month ago), Thursday September 13th to be precise, at a Japanese conference and European press event and it is to be released in time for Christmas.

Your statement is flawed.

Thanks for proving to me you do NOT read at all...

"They normally"

Just because a company or industry has used the same tactic for years, does not mean it will remain the same. Microsoft want's to get the jump on Sony, since Sony themselves are still feeling the burn from the last console iteration.

I have already confirmed that dev consoles have been handed out, and yes, the new console will release next year holiday season. Unless a significant disaster derails that scheduled release date (hurricanes and floods in Japan, Korea etc...) Anything that would inhibit hardware manufacturing.

Just because a company or industry has used the same tactic for years, does not mean it will remain the same. Microsoft want's to get the jump on Sony, since Sony themselves are still feeling the burn from the last console iteration.

I have already confirmed that dev consoles have been handed out, and yes, the new console will release next year holiday season. Unless a significant disaster derails that scheduled release date (hurricanes and floods in Japan, Korea etc...) Anything that would inhibit hardware manufacturing.

Unless you're an official MS employee and have sources and what not to back that up, your word is as good as anyone else's.

Well to add to the rumors, there was some words on Xplay today about rumors going around.

They reckon that Sony will release their new console with Game streaming options since they acquired a company recently with the technology to do so.

They didn't speculate much on Microsoft other than something may be coming soon.

Still nothing is solid, so NO ONE can say it's going to happen, Microsoft wouldn't invest in Halo 4 just to have it die with the release of another console, not to say that they don't have something up their sleeve.

Well to add to the rumors, there was some words on Xplay today about rumors going around.

They reckon that Sony will release their new console with Game streaming options since they acquired a company recently with the technology to do so.

They didn't speculate much on Microsoft other than something may be coming soon.

Still nothing is solid, so NO ONE can say it's going to happen, Microsoft wouldn't invest in Halo 4 just to have it die with the release of another console, not to say that they don't have something up their sleeve.

What if Halo 5 is to be released with the new XBOX?

In reply to Killerdude1635 you contradicted yourself, for example first you say "I can surely say it definately will not come out in 2013" then you say "practically all the time". Learn to use correct grammar before you go about saying that I cannot read.

What if Halo 5 is to be released with the new XBOX?

In reply to Killerdude1635 you contradicted yourself, for example first you say "I can surely say it definately will not come out in 2013" then you say "practically all the time". Learn to use correct grammar before you go about saying that I cannot read.

My grammar may not be correct, but the fact you didn't even read my post, still stands.

XBOX users aren't missing out on anything special with that Dust 514 game, its buggy as hell I doubt microsoft would have been interested in risking releasing that junk on XBL anyway. Theres a pretty damn good ps3/sony exclusive strategy fps though called Starhawk, its not as frantic or well crafted as HALO but its still pretty damned entertaining.

As for the next gen xbox/720 it can't come soon enough, its been dire being a console gamer recently knowing any multiplatform game released is far better on the PC. Just being able to play massive 32 (or 32+) man battles would improve future versions of HALO no end. I dream about what the next gen games like Halo 5 and Bungie's future Destiny are going to be like.

The one thing I'm fearing though is the forcing out of disc based games. So everything will be forced on us via XBL or PSN's own networks, cutting out the need for retail stores, our rights to be able to loan buddies games or sell trade-in old unwanted games.

I did read your post, that is why I replied to it, is it not?

Clearly you didn't or you wouldn't have posted what you did.

Also, Im going to say this.

NONE and I can't stress this enough, NONE of this is factual, this is ALL rumours, no facts, JUST rumours.

Simplified:

100% rumours

0% Fact

Clearly you didn't or you wouldn't have posted what you did.

Also, Im going to say this.

NONE and I can't stress this enough, NONE of this is factual, this is ALL rumours, no facts, JUST rumours.

Simplified:

100% rumours

0% Fact

I know that it all could be rumours, but I am not replying to you about that I am replying to you as you stated that I "did not read your post", which I clearly did otherwise I would not have replied to it in the first place.

"Clearly I did or I wouldn't have posted what I did."

Doubt it will be called Xbox 720.. The reason its called 360 is because of the circular theme.

I only referred to it as "720" as "Durango" or "Loop" sounds confusing and doesn't peak interest.

No no, not Could, IS. If you want to go around and find OFFICIAL MS sources to back ANY of this info up, feel free to do so. But until then, any information regarding the the Next-Xbox is not true.

Here this could be considered as proof.

"Microsoft Doesn’t Want You to Read That ‘Leaked’ Xbox 720 Document, According to Takedown Notices

On Saturday, a 56-page document that may or may not have been a real 2012 Microsoft plan for their next-gen Xbox.

It appeared on the document-hosting service Scribd, which was served with a takedown notice that same day by a law firm that has done work for Microsoft.

Takedown notice

"Microsoft has received information that the domain listed above, which appears to be on servers under your control, is offering unlicensed copies of, or is engaged in other unauthorized activities relating to copyrighted works published by Microsoft.

1. Identification of copyrighted works:

Copyrighted work(s):

IEB Roadmap

Copyright owner: 

Microsoft Corporation

2. Copyright infringing material or activity found at the following location(s):

xxxxxxxxxxx-XBox-720-9-24-Checkpoint-Draft-1.pptx
"

Today brings reports via The Verge that other outlets, including a Czech tech site and cloud-based file-sharing service DropBox, have been served takedown notices by Microsoft and removed the document. The notices claim the document is copyrighted by Microsoft.

We've checked with Microsoft to confirm that they did this and explain why, because it certainly will fuel speculation that the document was real.

The lengthy plan for the so-called Xbox 720 was supposedly authored in 2010 but forecast services such as the newly-announced SmartGlass, outlined the potential for a new Xbox and Kinect, augmented-reality glasses called Fortaleza and even forecasted the introduction of cloud gaming to the Xbox in the year 2015.

Some key elements, including Blu-Ray support and an estimated six-fold increase in horsepower for the new console over the 360 square with what we've previously reported based on conversations with people familiar with Microsoft's next-gen plans."

Source:- Kotaku

I only referred to it as "720" as "Durango" or "Loop" sounds confusing and doesn't peak interest.

Here this could be considered as proof.

"Microsoft Doesn’t Want You to Read That ‘Leaked’ Xbox 720 Document, According to Takedown Notices

On Saturday, a 56-page document that may or may not have been a real 2012 Microsoft plan for their next-gen Xbox.

It appeared on the document-hosting service Scribd, which was served with a takedown notice that same day by a law firm that has done work for Microsoft.

Takedown notice

"Microsoft has received information that the domain listed above, which appears to be on servers under your control, is offering unlicensed copies of, or is engaged in other unauthorized activities relating to copyrighted works published by Microsoft.

1. Identification of copyrighted works:

Copyrighted work(s):

IEB Roadmap

Copyright owner: 

Microsoft Corporation

2. Copyright infringing material or activity found at the following location(s):

xxxxxxxxxxx-XBox-720-9-24-Checkpoint-Draft-1.pptx
"

Today brings reports via The Verge that other outlets, including a Czech tech site and cloud-based file-sharing service DropBox, have been served takedown notices by Microsoft and removed the document. The notices claim the document is copyrighted by Microsoft.

We've checked with Microsoft to confirm that they did this and explain why, because it certainly will fuel speculation that the document was real.

The lengthy plan for the so-called Xbox 720 was supposedly authored in 2010 but forecast services such as the newly-announced SmartGlass, outlined the potential for a new Xbox and Kinect, augmented-reality glasses called Fortaleza and even forecasted the introduction of cloud gaming to the Xbox in the year 2015.

Some key elements, including Blu-Ray support and an estimated six-fold increase in horsepower for the new console over the 360 square with what we've previously reported based on conversations with people familiar with Microsoft's next-gen plans."

Source:- Kotaku

They could have ordered a takedown notice to avoid any False info to be spread about, OR that may actually be true and they're trying to cover it up. Either way, none of us know for sure.

They could have ordered a takedown notice to avoid any False info to be spread about...

The age of the document (being posted back in 2010) and the discussion of the tech we now know as Smartglass means if it is a hoax, either someone changed the posting date or they made a pretty lucky guess and are the most patient hoaxers in the technology business.

If that date is completely genuine, I don't see why it couldn't be a true version of what was in Microsoft's plans at the time. Obviously times change and tech moves on, so it's again entirely possible that MS thinking today is different.

Also, it's quite telling that Microsoft got the document pulled via its lawyers - for most companies (including Microsoft) they would just brush off your average hoax by saying they don't comment on rumour or speculation. I think their reaction betrays a real sense of concern that again indicates the document may be authentic.

Yeah but as it was said before it isn't "proof". You put out a document which within itself states "may or may not be leaked info" and it sums it up all on its own. If the source you are quoting doesn't know for sure then it's not proof.

You need to read up on what proof is before posting "proof".

Plus that document as other people pointed out, is two years old. No one has ANY idea what Microsoft is thinking right now.

As I said before nothing is concrete, and before claiming it is, you need to find info that has been confirmed by the primary source itself and quit claiming it's true because you think it is.

I'm not really strong on this subject but I would say its true. Reading the last few paragraphs really annoyed me. Its becoming more common place for companies to charge people money for games they already payed for which is very irritating. The game itself is $60 new which is ridiculous. Any PC gamer knows how expensive that is. Do you have ANY idea how many games I can buy off of steam with that much money? My friend is right, PC gaming is the way to go really. The only thing xbox has that really keeps me on it is Halo. Other than that I can look past it. Its $60 a year now to play on live, $60 for new games (not counting limited editions and tax) and the console is probably going to be at least $400 dollars. I can get a decent gaming PC for all that money spent, enjoy free games like TF2, and enjoy as well as make mods without getting banned or something stupid and not have to deal with squeakers or abusive players and the abusive enforcement team. I swear if new xbox is not a reasonable price, the games drop in price, xbox live drops in price or is free (yeah right), their enforcement team is less abusive, their customer service improves, all the squeakers hit puberty, and these companies stop double charging us to obtain games cheaper THEN I will definitely buy it. Until then I'll stick with a more mature audience on the PC. And those of you who think its alright to charge people extra money for games the developer already got payed for you can stick with the new xbox and maybe you should invest stock in the developer. I'm really vexed at the fact that they want to limit games to one console. Now your friends are going to have to borrow your whole xbox. Why not let people play the full game before they buy it? Games these days are so short and some are not even worth buying. I miss older days where games were much more enjoyable and rewarding. Now it seems these companies just want money money money? They don't care about their audience? I agree with the last line. I don't care whats in the new xbox I don't want it if Microsoft doesn't lighten up. :2guns: