Do you belive in alien life?

We always have the same question if there is life or not in other planets there is people the belives that they exist and there is people that not. Certainly yes there is life in other planets but not green with 4 legs. They are bacterias and they are soooo boring. But do you belive that there are specias so advanced as us or more advanced than us tell me?

I yes belive in them.

I'd say yes, simply beacuse the Universe would be more fun, more colorfull and make for better stories that way. I'm not talking scientifically here...allot of this depends on how inanimate matter made the jump to life...very mysterious when you think about it.

BUT I'm a theist, and I think God is an artist, and he pursues effects in the Universe beacuse, among other reasons, they make for a better piece of art. I'm not God but I think ,Considering how big the universe is, and how interesting life is, the big man up stairs would not leave it all empty of life except for our tiny infentismal speck, simply beacuse the Universe would make for a better work of art full of life then almost completely empty of it.

• Like 2

I believe that the universe is so massive that the thought of us being the only intelligent life out there is very silly. We may not have found much in the planets nearby, but I'm sure that there is at least one planet or two out there that is home to life just as intricate and intelligent as what we find on our own planet (ourselves included).

• Like 3

If your talking about Forerunners, The Flood, and the Covenant... Then yeah I do belive there are aliens. ALIENS ON MY XBOX! Lol im just kidding. I wish I could say I do but im christian and the bible doesnt say any thing about aliens. Sorry I dint mean to bring religon up.

• Like 1

If your talking about Forerunners, The Flood, and the Covenant... Then yeah I do belive there are aliens. ALIENS ON MY XBOX! Lol im just kidding. I wish I could say I do but im christian and the bible doesnt say any thing about aliens. Sorry I dint mean to bring religon up.

This is all I'm gonna say since Religious conversations are looked down on here, BUT speaking as one Christian to another, there are allot of things which obviously exist which the Bible never talks about. Food for thought, good sir. All I'm gonna say before the forum police come down on mah ass.

• Like 3

This is all I'm gonna say since Religious conversations are looked down on here, BUT speaking as one Christian to another, there are allot of things which obviously exist which the Bible never talks about. Food for thought, good sir. All I'm gonna say before the forum police come down on mah ass.

I agree with you. There could be huge alien civilizations and God wouldn't of had to tell us about them. I'm not sure if I believe in intelligent life outside of earth, but I wouldn't be surprised if there were.

Right now, no. Just take a look at our planet, all the billions and billions of species that lived, and then look at how many mastered technology. We did, that's it. Now we have to think about every other planet that could be home to simple life and think, will it happen again?

And if intelligent life is out there, it may have killed itself off in the transition of type 0 to type 1 civilization.

• Like 1

I'm going to copy and paste what I wrote in a thread similar to this to save time, enjoy:

"That is a very interesting point Majora, you could possibly be correct. I bet there is some sort of life-form our there similar to the flood, or if not that, then another life-form all together. We cannot be alone in this Universe; why would Earth be the only populated planet. Why would we be put here, with no other life on any other planets. I think there is life on another planet, we just haven't discovered it or...the Government is too scared to release it. Even so, we wouldn't know what to look for as we wouldn't know what it was...we probably wouldn't even see a different life-form due to the way our eyes operate. We only know what things are...because we have been told about them. We only know what a computer is because someone told us that the object was called that.

Who knows...there is a lot of things we aren't told about, and we will most likely never find out."

Its worth pointing out that the Universes's sheer size cannot really be considered an argument for their being life elsewhere until we know for sure that Life is the kind of thing which could emerge elsewhere automatically.

What I mean to say is, the emergence of life, howevor it happened, was not a simple chemical reaction. I think that much can be deduced from simple common sense. OTHER than that fact, though, little else is known, and I doubt anyone's going to be able to find out more about life spontaneously being created (I think they call it abiogenesis?). No one has any idea how inanimate matter without genetic material could have made that jump to animate matter with genetic material and when you think about it, that jump from, essentially, a piece of dust to a bacteria is mindboggling. For someone of the religious persuasion I might say miraculous.

Point is, life may not neccasarily be something that results automatically when the right conditions come togethor and thus, its not neccasarily true that life could just crop up anywhere in the Universe when certain prerequisites were met. It may well be that the entire Universe was seeded with DNA at creation, or that the creation of life itself at a later date in the history of the Universe was an act of God. This isn't to say that Life is not a result of conditions coming togethor, I could believe that as well, but only that we dont know.

Since we don't know how life was created we can hardly say where life was created.

Also, I ain't purposefully trying to inject religion into this, but you simply cannot have a complete discussion of something like this without crossing over into metaphysical/theological grounds. Bear in mind that I'm a strict evolutionist, certainly not any type of biblical literalist. I might not accept all the component parts of Darwinism, but I certainly don't belive in all that pseudo scienfitic BS you'll get from certain fundamentalist Christians. Sorry if I offended anyone, but I had to say it. ;)

Well let's see........ pull up a chair up im going to get all of this alien stuff off of my chest

This thing about aliens has been going around since i was a kid, i would always here people talking about oh did you here about the UFO sighting yesterday, well let me ask you this, have you ever seen a real UFO or someform of alien life? I didnt think so. Anyways these scientists send a ship up to mars and when it finally lands they say oh that could be an alien, there's water here there must be other life forms. But i think it's just a bunch Bol Poop. Then there are the videos, most of them im pretty sure are photo shopped just to make people scared.

Then there's this so called area 51. The keep it super secret because they dont want to "scare" the public, well i really want to walk straight into there with a video camera and a camera crew on live tv and show the whole world what their "hiding" from us. There are some forms of aliens i do believe in such as alien plants or small parasites. Nothing major like some green slimy thing like you see in the movies. If anything like that did exists and had the technolgy such as UFO's and super lasers we would probably all be dead is what im guessing.

Ok whats next,,,,,, Oh ya! What is up with these aliens and crop circles, first things first. What is the point of a crop circle.... a symbol? A word? Or are they just that cool to make circles in the middle of a corn field, my parents took me to one when i was 9 and said everyone was there sure enough there was a lot but when i finally get to the front it;s a circle with about a 14 ft radius and other random lines going to no where. I was pretty darn sure someone was trying to make a corn maze.

Aliens ubducting cows, why does an alien need a cow, im sure they capture them and get milk from them to back a huge cheesecake or something but people who think that has happened is crazy in my opinion.

So this leaves me to the question, do i think aliens are real? I am 99.9 % sure there is no such things as aliens. So im going to say that aliens are NOT real, just a myth that will never be proven true.

• Like 1

It would be pretty cool if we were the most advanced species out there, but it's highly unlikely. If there are other sentient beings roaming around the cosmos, we are probably a couple more centuries from actually meeting them. Hopefully, humanity will have matured by that time.

• Like 2

Its hard to believe that something else doesn't exist in the vast universe we live in, but why does it have to be aliens? how do we know its not another human race?

whoa. Dude, i've never thought about that. amazing. like battlestar galactica. It would be pretty cool.

I don't believe in aliens. I mean, there are bacteries and stuff like that. But no anthropomorphic aliens. No matter what scientists/theologics may say, i'm Catholic and i don't believe in aliens. I'm too scared about the size of the Universe, and there are many questions that don't have an answer (like what is beyond the boarder of the universe, etc. etc.), but i just don't believe in them.

look, this universe is always expanding. The perfect place for life is a planet like Earth. The Earth Is not to far, nor to close to the sun. The atmosphere fits our needs to breathe and survive. The Earth's gravitational pull is at a perfect balance. If not, we are either floating away from earth, or being crushed by nothing. Some planets meet most of these requirements, but some may not. Some we have not seen have got to have all of this. Why have a huge area of beautiful colors, sights, stars, Black holes, and maybe unusual things we have not even thought of, if not a single soul can view it? I am sure there are other planets that can have what Earth has, somewhere out in this mysterious universe. Humans say there is no other life other than on Earth. Simple Humans. Even I cannot official say yes, there are other life on other planets. This universe's doors to unknown knowledge is locked, yet the doors are right in front of our eyes. I do believe there is other, more complex life somewhere.