Why the Didact will be a Good Guy in Halo 4

Did4ct

The Didact will side with Master Chief in Halo 4.

PROOF:

1) The Didact's Cryptum scans Chief, it ignores him and continues to fly to the INFINITY

*This shows that the Didact does not see Chief as an enemy that needs to be killed at this point in time

2) The Didact goes to the INFINITY and Cortana says, "I know where he's headed"

*The use of "he" implies that they have already met, and clearly they have survived their encounter with the 'terrible' Didact

3) Master Chief replies to Cortana's statement with, "The same place we are."

*Because 343i said that Halo 4 will be more theatrical than the previous Halo's, and they said that they would suddenly not make Chief into Susie-Talks-A-Lot, it is safe to assume that everything Chief says is important. Further, I wholeheartedly believe that 343i will use Chief's words as more than words but symbols. I believe that this statement to hints that the Didact and Chief will be going to the "same place," implying that they will become allies with a common goal.

4) A Promethean zaps the Elite charging Chief with the sword.

*Self-Explanatory

5) Lastly, the Promethean Knight, under the control of the Didact, does not kill Chief, but knocks him out.

*Since 343i would receive death threats if they killed Chief in the first game, it is clear that the Didact does not kill Chief. Becuase he has him unconscious, and has the power to kill him, and doesn't, it shows that he needs him for something and will become his ally maybe to destroy an even more ancient evil: The Timeless One, a Precursor whom the Didact supposedly killed.

-As a side note for the sake of plot development, at the end of Halo: Primordium 343 Guilty Spark is shown to be 'highjacking' an ONI ship in search of the Librarian, the Didact's lover, whom, in terminal 10 of Halo: CEA, Spark says can "temper [the Didact's] anger." This could be a major plot of the game which could be the cause for the alliance between Chief and the Didact.

Concept art for a Precursor compared to image compiled from one of the first trailers: post-25889-0-65262400-1339546315_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

343 Guilty Spark seemed to think that the Didact and the humans wouldn't get along. After his Halo ring is destroyed he is talking to himself and wishes that he had some of the Forerunner Prometheans at his disposal. "But, then he would have to be here, too. And without the Librarian around to temper his rage, these Reclaimers might almost prefer the Flood". - 343 Guilty Spark, after the destruction of Installation 04.

• Like 2

I don't believe it is stated what happened to her. At the end of Halo: Primordium, 343 Guilty Spark believes that she is alive and evidently knows how to find her and sets his newly acquired ship in her direction.

Greg bear also confirmed awhile back that there are two Didacts so maybe this isn't the Didact we all know.

Bornstellar / Original Didact into one body?

Actually the 2 Didacts are just the first one in 2 different bodies. The only problem I have with this theory is that the big ball that scanned Chief was not a Cryptum. I think it wa a Metatch class monitor created by the Didact since they share similar symbols.

This, I suppose

1. It could also be that the Chief simply wasn't the Cryptum's priority at that moment.

2. Speculation. And we've never heard of any encounter between them, as far as i know.

3. Could be. It could also be that he means the Infinity and that the Infinity will play an important role.

4. Maybe he wants him as an ally. Maybe he wants to run tests on him to find out just how that one Spartan was able to do all that he did. Maybe something completely different. Nothing is known here.

• Like 1

1. It could also be that the Chief simply wasn't the Cryptum's priority at that moment.

2. Speculation. And we've never heard of any encounter between them, as far as i know.

3. Could be. It could also be that he means the Infinity and that the Infinity will play an important role.

4. Maybe he wants him as an ally. Maybe he wants to run tests on him to find out just how that one Spartan was able to do all that he did. Maybe something completely different. Nothing is known here.

Yes nothing is known but this is the strongest argument concerning on whose side the Didact will end up.

Yes finally someone that will think thedidact will be the good guy :D I for one thinks its the master builder

one reason it might not be Faber(masterbuilder) whose last known location was on installation 07 and was possibly believed to have died, i agree with OP though i do think the Didact will play a role as an ally or a guide throughout the game

one reason it might not be Faber(masterbuilder) whose last known location was on installation 07 and was possibly believed to have died, i agree with OP though i do think the Didact will play a role as an ally or a guide throughout the game

as far as i recall Faber was hunted and at some stage killed. i vaguely recall bits and pieces of Mendicant Bias attacking during a trial of some form i think, and a small group of people escape through a large portal with several of the Halo Rings.

anyway, personally i believe it's more likely to be The Didact. [bornstellar i think, either way, the Son, not the Father. >.> forgotten their names now. need to reread Primordium it seems]

• 2 weeks later...

First of all, no one said the Didact ever controlled the prometheans. also, you mistake the promtheans( such as the large one in the campaign trailer) for the didact. one more hing to add, the librarian is dead, but the Didact still may be looking for her. i hav a similar topic about the didact

First of all, no one said the Didact ever controlled the prometheans. also, you mistake the promtheans( such as the large one in the campaign trailer) for the didact. one more hing to add, the librarian is dead, but the Didact still may be looking for her. i hav a similar topic about the didact

The Didact is the best candidate to be controlling the Prometheans since he was the leader of the whole Forerunner military. Also, I don't think that Greg Bear wrote and entire book about him for nothing. Apparently the Librarian is still alive. At the end of Primordium, a preserved fragment of Guilty Spark highjacks a UNSC ship and sets course for her.

Greg Bear, the author of the Forerunner Saga said, "What we've created in these books will definitely play a part in HALO 4. Those who read the books will be well backgrounded on significant details." Here's the link: http://www.gregbear....lay.cfm?id=6293

The Didact is the best candidate to be controlling the Prometheans since he was the leader of the whole Forerunner military. Also, I don't think that Greg Bear wrote and entire book about him for nothing. Apparently the Librarian is still alive. At the end of Primordium, a preserved fragment of Guilty Spark highjacks a UNSC ship and sets course for her.

Greg Bear, the author of the Forerunner Saga said, "What we've created in these books will definitely play a part in HALO 4. Those who read the books will be well backgrounded on significant details." Here's the link: http://www.gregbear....lay.cfm?id=6293

from what i remember, i thought the master builder made the Didact an outlaw or somwthing( im probably wrong) so why would he be leading the prometheans? Also i wasnt trying to say that the Didact wasnt going to be in halo 4 at all. i have a topic about the Didact with a vote on wether he will be a friend or foe with some extra info about him. i think he will be a foe because he sounds like a threat to chief at the end of the campaign trailer, but this topic is very interesting

Ok. I was somewhat responding to The Director as well. Faber executed the Didact, but the Didact gave his 'imprint' to Bornstellar, which basically transformed him into the Didact. I remember your topic and voted that he would seem like a bad guy at first and then it would be shown that he is actually good.