Salvage Multiplayer in Halo 4!

Did4ct

43 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be a Classic Halo gametype in Halo 4?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't Care

Halo 4 Multiplayer, or 'War Games', will be ruined without the addition of a gametype that

plays like the CLASSIC HALO gameplay where everyone actually uses the map to get guns and have a 'Man-to-Man' battle without the unnecessary interruption of Customizable Classes, Armor Abilities, 'Perks', and 'Killstreaks.' As the famous Bungie lead artist Luke Smith states about the beloved 'simpleness' of Halo gameplay:

"Two men enter. The better man leaves. The lesser man is respawning. And that's Halo"

-Luke Smith

*Please vote and/or post your opinion

• Like 1

Thank you!!!! At least you have common sense!!! If they made halo reach mlg with no fall damage an no bloom whats to say halo 4 cant be fondeled with!!! Its annoying everyone posting the same thing over an over! 98% of this community hasnt played halo 4 there jus going by what they see i absolutely loved the way it played ... It took some getting used to with the shooting an adapting to infinite sprint basically.. But trust me the new changes are not as bad as ppl think!!!

I voted no, Halo needs to move on, evolve

If people want classic Halo go play Halo 3.

• Like 1

I think the casual fun style gametypes they displayed at e3 will appeal to a lot of people. The problem is that there are still a lot of people who want the classic halo experience. Creating a classic Halo playlist would have a lot of benefits such as support from MLG (343 would gain money and publicity), and an increased fanbase because the competitive gamers would be satisfied. I'm all for appealing to the largest portion of gamers by including these fun cod style playlists, but include a playlist for the competitive fanbase to keep that experience and community alive. I find it offensive that people would be against the inclusion of a simple playlist to keep competitive gamers wanting to play halo. I've been deprived of the competitive Halo experience since Reach came out (halo 1 & 2 xbl support gone, and the only people who stuck it out this long on h3 are boosters and derankers, so ranked playlists aren't viable). I feel like people think selfishly in their wants for a game; if their needs are met, they don't want the game any other way. When in reality there needs to be a compromise so the largest amount of gamers possible are happy (something to appeal to both casual and competitive players). Adding an additional stripped down high skill-cap playlist really isn't much to ask for at all, especially considering competitive gamers have already had to give up expecting to enjoy vanilla halo which used to be possible. On the bright side, the lead multiplayer designer for Halo 4, Kevin Franklin, recently tweeted that he saw the mlg pro's halo 4 discussion video and appreciates their feedback on Halo 4. So hopefully this means some changes will be made or playlists added so Halo 4 has something for every type of gamer.

For those who are unaware. 343 invited the mlg pro's out to e3 for them to get the opportunity to try out Halo 4 and get feedback from them. This is a discussion about Halo 4 by pro's neighbor, bravo, and elamite - this video having been acknowledged by Kevin Franklin, multiplayer designer for Halo 4 [media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otdeZhfiNOs&feature=my_liked_videos&list=LLwec-iU-Ngh1Cd8y84U33sw[/media]

I agree it is time to move on if you want to play old games go back to the old halos Bungie made halo reach bad with all that old new crap on there

It's not that hard for 343i to edit a few options and make it a playlist, I don't see why people are ruling it out and saying it shouldn't happen. You wouldn't be forced to play it anyway. But I am excited to see how the new armor abilities and "perks" play out.

To Wes Stone501, the halo gameplay where you look for weapons on the map, and everyone spawns with the same weapons as in Halo CE, Halo 2, and Halo 3

Where does it say there won't be weapons on the map that you can pick up?

As for spawning with the same weapon, everybody has their favorites. Some people love the AR, some people love the BR. Now they both have an option at the start of a game to spawn with whatever they wish, how is this a bad thing? No more meaningless "Guardian BRs" or "Swordbase DMR" gametypes to choose between.

The game needs to evolve, like Jester and Truly said, without it who's going to keep playing? What people seem to forget is the original generation of Halo players is getting older. The first time I played Halo CE, I was 16 years old. 12 years ago. Life is going to start getting in the way of playing. When I was still going to school, I'd come home and play for hours. Now I have a job, an apartment of my own, a wife. I don't get to come home and play like I used to. Instead, my time is relegated to maintaining my lifestyle, putting food on the table, and generally being an adult. My play time is cut to the weekends, with an occasional day during the week when I can play, and I'm not alone in this. It's happened to all of my school friends as well. When we can actually all play together is rare.

It's a sad fact, but unless the series evolves to try and pull in new players, then the series will die.

• Like 3

This.

Halo is approaching a new age. 343 has bought upon this age. Things have changed, evolved. But it's still very much Halo.

Infact, it's more Halo than it's ever been before.

Emergency Call, you're yelling around like 343i have absolutely no plans of including a classic gametype and you're the only one who can save the Halo community with your brilliant idea.

Let's break it down.

There's already been at least one thread like this one. 343i never said a word about a classic gametype so far, didn't confirm, didn't say it's not in. Nothing. The rest of your post is your own opinion and the use the map part is absolutely ridiculous since i'm sure you haven't played the game yet, so you're in no position to open your mouth on this one.

And besides, we'll all be using the map. Otherwise we couldn't even play because we'd fall into the void and die instantly.

DUN DUN DUN

• Like 3

Emergency Call, you're yelling around like 343i have absolutely no plans of including a classic gametype and you're the only one who can save the Halo community with your brilliant idea.

Let's break it down.

There's already been at least one thread like this one. 343i never said a word about a classic gametype so far, didn't confirm, didn't say it's not in. Nothing. The rest of your post is your own opinion and the use the map part is absolutely ridiculous since i'm sure you haven't played the game yet, so you're in no position to open your mouth on this one.

And besides, we'll all be using the map. Otherwise we couldn't even play because we'd fall into the void and die instantly.

DUN DUN DUN

Ouch. However, this is true.

Your first assumption is untrue. I know there are probably many threads like this but I didn't see anything that gives you the ability to vote. I am not trying to "save the halo community" with this "brilliant idea" but I will be thoroughly disappointed, as will many, if there is no Classic halo gametype in Halo 4. What I mean when I say "use the map" is that the players will use the map to find the guns placed in strategic places, rather than spawning with the weapon of their choice.

• Like 1

I got the feeling that your weapon of choice would be limited. They have talked about weapon placement on the map. They made some thing that radomizes the spawnpoints of all the weapons. So I feel that we will be able to choose from typical weapons like ARs, BR's, DMR's, Plasma Rifles, Carbines, needlers, pistols, and maybe shotguns. Then things like snipers, launchers, and forerunner weapons will spawn on the map. So a mix between Halo and Call of Duty is what I'm imagining.

A classic game type wouldn't hurt though.

• 2 months later...

Halo 4 Multiplayer, or 'War Games', will be ruined without the addition of a gametype that

plays like the CLASSIC HALO gameplay where everyone actually uses the map to get guns and have a 'Man-to-Man' battle without the unnecessary interruption of Customizable Classes, Armor Abilities, 'Perks', and 'Killstreaks.' As the famous Bungie lead artist Luke Smith states about the beloved 'simpleness' of Halo gameplay:

"Two men enter. The better man leaves. The lesser man is respawning. And that's Halo"

-Luke Smith

*Please vote and/or post your opinion

Ruined for who? You? It certainly wouldn't be ruined in general.

Last time I checked, Halo: Reach still worked on the principle of that quote, just with more dynamic gameplay, and more crying babies.

But yes, there surely will be a "Classic" playlist. And you can go and play only it. Meanwhile, the rest of us will play it, as well as the rest of the playlists, and see what works and what could use work in Halo 4.

Who in this forum had the audacity to say no and don't care?

That simpleness is the reason Halo became this big in the first place.

No. There are many other, and better reasons Halo became big.

One is the sandbox and physics itself, but the main reason is that it took it self very seriously, and had a high quality presentation. Furthermore, it was one of the only games that:

1. Was a blast casually with friends

2. Had a deep combat system that rewards skill

3. Was slow paced and logical, whereas most shooters of the same type are crack induced cluster****s.

As far as I'm concerned, these tenants are still true. While I am just as curious and concerned as the next guy, giving players small advantages doesn't undo "Deep combat system that rewards skill" overnight. It will still be deep. It will still reward skill.