This is another suggestion thread started by me but unlike my forge ideas this one consentrates on the invasion gametype in case it does return in Halo 4. I do not know if invasion will be in Halo 4 but I have my hopes.

I found after a while invasion simply became repetitive because it was always the same objectives, same strategies, same threats and few maps that after a few games you would know inside and out. I thought that to make it more intresting, more gameplay aspects should be possible and I thought that it would make it more intresting to have... wait for it... FRIGATES... and... CORVETTES!

Yes I am aware what most people say about implementing such massive vehicles and the incredible amounts of problems it can cause and the mountains of reasons it is not feasable but please, hear me out. What I am implying is not to add whole controllable vehicles but more of a giant model like the aegis fate from sandbox.

For them to work a few new vehicles/weapons would need to be made available:

• covenant drop pods
  • ODST drop pods
  • mac guns, the one you use in the reach campaign
  • covenant AA guns, the ones you destroy on tip of the spear
  • corvettes
  • frigates
  • pelicans
  • phantoms

How they would work would be that the invading team spawns and respawns inside the corvette or frigate depending on if they are humans or elites of course and could either man large guns mounted on the side of the ship to act as arial aid or jump in the drop pods and drop into the battlefield. Only one or two corridors would be accesable so they dont need to build a full interior and the rest of the ship would be behind forever locked doors. Only a few corridors are required to hold spawn points, mounted guns and drop pods anyway.

The opposing team would eventually get a MAC or AA gun with which they can shoot down the opposing teams spawn ship which would then crash onto the battlefield and the previously accessable corridors simply get remodeled to look destroyed and have holes in them etc. It wouldn't have any guns or drop pods however it would keep respawn points. The enemy MAC or AA gun can be destroyed. The Big gun only becomes usable in the last round and a hanger in the ship opens containing one or two pelicans/phantoms that can be used to transport pretty much an entire team directly to the enemy's base.

If something here does not make any sense or if i skipped over a detail somewhere let me know and I will clarify.

Please tell me what you think of my ideas below.

• Like 2

i would not want invation to be put into halo 4 i would not like it at all. i do not even like it in halo reach

Ummm... why? It's awesome. The tactical points, the bits where you know the enemy has the advantage (such as when someone takes the data core out of the Boneyard Spartan base, and it's out in the open), The intensity and the speed, the players who can make all the difference...

Then again, I guess it doesn't matter. Invasion may not be in Halo 4 for obvious reasons (lack of any Elites to start with). Maybe they'll still do it as a spartan vs spartan excercise though. Could be cool :D

i would not want invation to be put into halo 4 i would not like it at all. i do not even like it in halo reach

It was ok but it was very boring after a few games, the point of this topic is to showcase my ideas on how to improve it so it is a better and more fun gametype

Man. That would be amazing. It would be like a war. It would have to have teams of at least 20 or more. It is sad that sometimes the greatest ideas like this are set aside. But you should really try to get support behind this and see how far you can go. You never know :)