Halo 4: multiple antagonists Theory

Minuette

Okay after searching the googles for a while, I came across this http://www.forwarduntodawn.com/the-master-builder/

and started looking, I am always thinking about the master builder but hardly ever had enough to back it up, well this is my chance

since we all know master builder built the halo rings and knows how to use them and his motive, lets just say hes really pissed off

since there is 2 more halos to be heard of, maybe we might have 2 main enemies? and kill them both in halo 6?

since the Flood won't be our enemy in Halo 4 maybe Halo 5 or 6? I have found this line of text on the infamous timeless one.

the Timeless One said that it was the last “of this kind” [Primordium, C29P365] and that the Flood would continue its legacy–one which might be physically represented in the Flood’s form.

so the timeless could be considered another gravemind, and could be another enemy...

okay now for TheDidact since everyone is thinking it is him and it probally will be him

First and foremost, Didact has a rather significant history involving not only opposition to–but complete and open warfare against–humanity. During the Forerunner-Human Wars, when humanity was vying for new territory as the Flood claimed more and more of their worlds, the Didact led many campaigns against the humans, coming to know them as his enemy. Indeed, this deep seated hatred for the kind that killed many of the soldiers under his command was present even thousands of years after that war had ended, leading to an acute discomfort with having to even share the same vessel with the humans under Bornstellar’s charge. Would it be so hard to imagine a cause arising that allowed this hatred to reemerge?

[background=rgb(6, 6, 8)]but I just came across this which will help you guys prove it is TheDidact, since we all know we are fighting prometheans[/background]

Means - If any Prometheans exist, they would still be under the Didact’s command.

Motive - He never much liked humans anyway, and probably wouldn’t need much convincing to oppose them again.

Well thats all the info I can tie up here so I'll show you all three links below.

http://www.forwarduntodawn.com/the-master-builder/

http://www.forwarduntodawn.com/didact/

http://www.forwarduntodawn.com/the-timeless-one/

• Like 1

I am always thinking about the master builder but hardly ever had enough to back it up, well this is my chance

This is a reasonable possibility. We did not hear about whether the builder died or not.

so the timeless could be considered another gravemind, and could be another enemy...

If you've read Primordium you would know that the Timeless One cannot be the enemy, as he is currently busy being dead...

okay now for TheDidact since everyone is thinking it is him and it probally will be him

Means - If any Prometheans exist, they would still be under the Didact’s command.

Motive - He never much liked humans anyway, and probably wouldn’t need much convincing to oppose them again.

How do you figure? The first Didact respected humanity as an adversary and was actually opposed to completely destroying them. And the second (and most recent) Didact was actually friends with two humans during the events of Cryptum. Nowhere in Cryptum OR Primordium does the Didact say that he despises humanity. Not to mention the Didact is married to the Librarian, who believes all life is sacred and must be preserved. Over the years, some of her sentimentalities have rubbed off on him as well.

As far as the Didact being in command of the Prometheans, not necessarily. A rouge AI can take control of units like the Prometheans. It happened in Primordium.

One of the likely antagonists that you missed

is 343 Guilty Spark. At the end of Primordium he took control of a human ship (a prowler if memory serves) and was headed to an unknown destination. Since he used to be "friends" with the Didact (even though he was human, mind you) it's possible that he may consider himself a new Didact due to rampancy.

Also the "I will not let you off this planet" that Cortana said may not be towards Chief. She may be talking to the new enemy, who may be trying to escape the planet.

• Like 1

First and foremost, Didact has a rather significant history involving not only opposition to–but complete and open warfare against–humanity. During the Forerunner-Human Wars, when humanity was vying for new territory as the Flood claimed more and more of their worlds, the Didact led many campaigns against the humans, coming to know them as his enemy. Indeed, this deep seated hatred for the kind that killed many of the soldiers under his command was present even thousands of years after that war had ended, leading to an acute discomfort with having to even share the same vessel with the humans under Bornstellar’s charge. Would it be so hard to imagine a cause arising that allowed this hatred to reemerge?

Hate to tell you this but the Old Diadact hated the humans while the second one is more open. He even befriended two and saved a huge amount of humans by saving a ring. He even made a human into his A.I. companion to save him (this resulted in the A.i. 343 guilty Spark)

Hate to tell you this but the Old Diadact hated the humans while the second one is more open. He even befriended two and saved a huge amount of humans by saving a ring. He even made a human into his A.I. companion to save him (this resulted in the A.i. 343 guilty Spark)

I definitely agree. The original Didact despised humans. When the forerunners won the human-forerunner war, many humans committed suicide rather than be subserviant to the forerunners. Didact destroyed human technology to de-evolve the species. He held respect for humans as technological foes, not as humans. the future Didact had more compassion for humans but that was due to a merging of the original Didact's memories and personality without his emotions. The truth is, its been thousands of years since the rings were activated before so Didact's opinion about humans for Halo 4 has to be up in the air on if he is leaning toward friend or foe.

The Prefect AI theory also seems to be solid as an ancient figure who held contempt at being deactivated by the forerunners and sought revenge through releasing a virus on halo installations. Then another enemy might be the Precursors, although I doubt that will be on Halo 4. Just some thoughts.