Darathem

Hello.

I am a trickster. Not a mean-spirited one, but certainly a tricky one. I enjoy intrigue, harmless pranks and interaction between people.

I am also forgetting myself. My apologies.

I have many names, but you can call me Dara or Eris, here. I love to write, play games, read and hold intellectual or emotional discussion. Above all else, I love to listen.

I'm told I'm quite long-winded, and I've come to believe the truth of that. I tend to overthink things a little too much, so that my schemes or tricks end up being hopelessly complicated. In addition to the easily spotted tricks and pranks, I love riddles. I love solving them and I love creating them.

Other than that, I consider myself fairly easy to get along with, I hate it when friends get hurt, I love meeting new people and learning all about them, and I enjoy playing video games on my time off from writing.

I'm shy about my voice and I don't usually use pronouns when describing my own actions because I'm not comfortable with disclosing my 'actual' gender. I get some flak for that, but I don't really mind that much. You can call me whatever you want- he, she, it. I don't care. It's the internet, after all, and I'm almost certain the lot of you will picture me in different ways if you picture me at all. If you're confused about what exactly that means (and maybe curious), you are more than welcome to PM me about it. I'll answer any question about myself to the best of my ability-- or at the very least make something interesting up if it ends up being too embarrassing to talk about truthfully.

In video games like Halo, I'm fickle, rarely using the same strategy twice, preferring to rely on surprise and the chaos of close quarters rather than the measured calm of long range combat. I can't resist a challenge, if done right and disclosed intelligently. It's a bit of a weakness of mine.

Oh, I've got one single major pet peeve that will be an absolute bond breaker for me if you'd like to be my friend. I don't like bigotry or intolerance. Tolerance of all people is my own personal motto. It's a sort of 'I'll treat you right and I'd like it if you do the same' deal. Of course, I'd prefer it if I could get along with everyone, but there'll be some discord of ideas in any large gathering of people.

If you want to politely discuss a difference in opinion, that's fine. I'm good with polite discussion and refutation. But let's try to keep it all civil, shall we? No need to go overboard. You already knew that though, if you read the rules. ^^

That's all for now. I'll see you all around the forums, and I hope I can make new friends here. I was going to end with a riddle, but I don't have one ready.

Purely informal,

Dara

Very mysterious. Dara, very well put, everything. Your name could imply male or female. Sometimes I wish I could be so mysterious like that but I'm very open, or at least very open compared to you ;) . If you are keeping it hidden because of something, it does not matter what gender, race, age or what your beliefs are on our little utopia as long as you mature and treat people the way you wish to be treated yourself but I believe your secrecy comes from your love of riddles. Very, very nice. As for what I picture you as, my creative and halo obsessed mind instantly thought AI. That is what I will picture you as, your holographic avatar will simply be a 'Joker' card. You should have a great time on here, hope to see you around.

@Nova:

Oh, too kind. I'm hardly as mysterious as you make me out to be, I'm sure. Is it not written, "You are who you think you are- even if you think you are no one?" Well, I don't think of myself as no one, naturally, but the point stands.

Yes! My name is androgynous as my character should be. I'm glad you picked up on it even before I beat everyone over the head with it.

Your openness is as much a part of your character as mine is a part of me. You're right, a lot of the mystery I try to shroud myself with is because I enjoy riddles and secrecy.

@One:

I'm happy to have caught your interest, and I daresay I'll be seeing a lot of you- make of that whatever you like.

@Smokin Shadowz:

Was it good? Well then thank you for the compliment! And while I'm not given to taking orders from strangers, I already planned to enjoy my time here.

@Fal 'Taralumee:

I hardly think I need to be thanked for joining the forums yet! You flatter me. If I need help, I'll be sure to ask you for it!

@Mr.DirectBiggles:

Well then, that's more like it, isn't it? I hope I enjoy my stay here too. Thank you for the warm welcome.

In fact, let that thank you go to everyone who welcomed or continues to welcome me here. This community is truly quite friendly.

• Like 1