New Halo 4 Update

Dog

image_32888_thumb_wide300.jpg

Halo 4 is bringing us Team Snipers and Double Teams Next Week!

As detailed on Halo Waypoint , the playlist re-introduces Team Snipers, which pits four players against four in a race to land 60 kills lasting no longer than 12 minutes. The only permitted weapons are UNSC sniper rifles with unlimited ammo, and you'll have to do without such mind-atrophying luxuries as death cams, motion trackers, ordnance or grenades. These are the tools of lesser Spartans, my friends. They'll make you soft. You don't want to go soft, do you?

Players with shorter attention spans may prefer Shotty Snipers, which is much as above except with grenades and shotguns. According to 343's Jessica Shea, "we'll be launching the playlist with several medium-sized maps - slightly modified versions of Haven, Abandon and some Forge favorites will be available.

"Also, we're in the process of building additional new Snipers game types that we'll introduce in upcoming weeks. For those of you wondering about the duration of the Team Snipers playlist fear not - we plan on keeping it around for a while."

Also due for drop on Monday is Team Objective, which groups together 4 vs 4 Team Regicide, Oddball and King of the Hill. "The biggest changes you'll see to these game types are that Complex Oddball has been removed," notes Shea, "and instant respawn has been disabled for both KoTH and Oddball."

The developer will also tweak this week's Team Doubles playlist in response to complaints about abuse of Ordnance Drops - come Monday, you won't be able to call in Rocket Launchers, Incineration Cannons, sniper rifles or Overshields while rocking the playlists, though these weapons and tools can still be found on certain maps.

Also, 343 aims to remove instant respawn from Infinity Doubles, and will address certain spawn issues on Haven, together with a troublesome Sticky Detonator on Dispatch - the latter now spawns with a 180 second resupply timer and two spare clips.

Last but not least, Halo 4's "premiere" competitive playlist Team Throwdown will launch on 18th February.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

That is a very good news, i read in other place, 343 will add shotty snipers, and i cuestion me if they add binary rifle in this mod. I thinking a new update with SWAT without team (no team) , maybe sounds crazy, but i could be fun too. Bye.

bring us online customs!!!

That will never happen. I already see modders and hackers, and even trolls, screwing with people. Besides, Custom Games is online, just not like matchmaking. If you mean servers, like back in Halo: CE, then I still wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you. I would love servers, I loved them in CE <3 it was so easy to find a game exactly how you want it.

more maps more maps more maps! the maps suck and there is only a few of them. i havn`t played the game in two weeks because of the maps. its good to see your finaly sorting things out but im just wondering if its too little too late as ive already lost interest in the game and i never thought that would happen with my beloved halo.

That is a very good news, i read in other place, 343 will add shotty snipers, and i cuestion me if they add binary rifle in this mod. I thinking a new update with SWAT without team (no team) , maybe sounds crazy, but i could be fun too. Bye.

Swat with the instant spawn... no teams...it would be epic... :D

I agree solo swat would be awesome! it would be amazing for multikills which are quite difficult to get especially the higher ones due to high power weapons and which deplete shield rapidly, good thinking! i would love that!