Microsoft Paying Players For Their Halo 4 Activity

Archangel Tyrael

orangedude610.jpg

Microsoft rewarding players with a max of 600 Microsoft points for playing Halo 4.

Read below for more details

Who said gaming doesn't pay? Xbox Live Rewards members can score Microsoft Points for their time spent playing multiplayer matches. You may not want to quit your day job, however.

The program is laid out on Microsoft's

Xbox Rewards site. Members earn points by accruing time in Halo 4 multiplayer. Spend 35-70+ hours and you'll get 100 Microsoft Points. If you play between 70-140 hours, you get 300 Microsoft Points. The highest tier is for players who frag their way through more than 140 hours. The prize? How does 600 Microsoft Points grab you? For players who already plan on creating a couch divot, it's a nice bonus. If you think it's a worthy time investment in and of itself, you may want to think this through. You're earning about five cents an hour at the highest tier, which you could probably make scouring for change in parking garages. Oh well.

You can also earn 200 or 100 MS Points for spending 3,000 or 1,500 points respectively on Halo content, with a cap of 800 Microsoft Points ($10).

Also, you need to fulfill the requirements before November ends. Set aside a little over six hours a day in multiplayer, and those 600 Microsoft Points can be yours!

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Lol dat bribe.

I feel like this is kinda pointless.

I think if they were to pay their top scoring/hour/forge creators to play, it would make more sense because then people would compete for that. If there is a max amount of hours, inevitably people will stop.

I think that 343 industries has tried to make Halo as good and even better than Bungie but I also think it's going to take a lot more time and practice to get people to play more. This doesn't prove very much for them. That and the fact that for 6 hours of 5 days of my week I'm in school. Again though they are trying.

I think so far halo 4 is the BEST GAME EVER. and even better job than Bungie too. dont tell them i said that because their halo is what started all this awesomeness. But i think Bungie should have done all of the sounds like 343i did. and srsly, srsly? they just HAVE To pay you now? that just makes it even BETTER OH YEAH BABY!

I think so far halo 4 is the BEST GAME EVER. and even better job than Bungie too. dont tell them i said that because their halo is what started all this awesomeness. But i think Bungie should have done all of the sounds like 343i did. and srsly, srsly? they just HAVE To pay you now? that just makes it even BETTER OH YEAH BABY!

Sure, Halo 4 is sick, but only because they were all try-hards and decided to put some things from CoD into the game, which I find ruined it. They couldn't make Halo better than Bungie, it is a mix of Halo Reach with Halo 3 and CoD now I find, and I think it's pathetic that they would need to pay people, because Bungie didn't need to, and people don't have the time of the day. I can hardly play because of school as it is, but after school I totally nolife the game, it's a great game yes, just Bungie could have done a lot better with the ranking, and a lot of other things.

i liked the campaign and the multiplayer but i didnt like the kill cam and know one has the time to play for 6 hours a day that is just sad if someone just sits down and plays all day the only time i could understand it is if your sick and thats the only thing to do

Guys seriously there's no need to be harsh on 343 Industries. Comparing 343 to Bungie is pretty childish. It's like the whole school playground talk "My dad can beat your dad". Don't bother comparing, thinking of it as a whole new thing. These guys are deliberately trying to move away from being compared to Bungie but knew full well that they would be compared. Also they're not 'paying' people to play they're just adding in an extra reward system for the people who are sad enough to play the game that much. If anyone is going to be spending that sort of time on a game then they're obviously jobless and at least the reward system is allowing the hardcore jobless gamers know how it feels to have that sense of achievement earning something for their time and effort. And why shouldn't they take ideas from COD? They want COD's customers to convert over to Halo 4 so fair play to them. This is what business is all about and at least they've added these bits in making a game that's an all-rounder for everyone. I'm finished ranting! lol

the ranking system took away from the old halo feel and the xp cap makes it pointless to try 6 hours a day... i like the gam but they should have kept the halo feel and not a COD ripoff

Ive completed halo 4 on normal setting in 8 46 mins think that was for to quick for a game that cost nearly 40 pound

i beat it on legendary in 9 hrs 32 mins. So get better. any ways the game has a multiplayer and spartan ops. So play that it isn't all about the campaign even though i love campaign. It is my favorite part it doesn't mean only play that, try the other things, Forge a little. You will get more enjoyment out of a game if you just sit back and have fun, rather than rant about why its like cod. its just different than bungie. BACK OFF

the only way to get people to keep playing halo 4 is to pay them, don't recall them having to pay people to play the Halo's Bungie created.

You should be ... you little piece of ... there, if you're smart you should know what i wanted to say.

Guys seriously there's no need to be harsh on 343 Industries. Comparing 343 to Bungie is pretty childish. It's like the whole school playground talk "My dad can beat your dad". Don't bother comparing, thinking of it as a whole new thing. These guys are deliberately trying to move away from being compared to Bungie but knew full well that they would be compared. Also they're not 'paying' people to play they're just adding in an extra reward system for the people who are sad enough to play the game that much. If anyone is going to be spending that sort of time on a game then they're obviously jobless and at least the reward system is allowing the hardcore jobless gamers know how it feels to have that sense of achievement earning something for their time and effort. And why shouldn't they take ideas from COD? They want COD's customers to convert over to Halo 4 so fair play to them. This is what business is all about and at least they've added these bits in making a game that's an all-rounder for everyone. I'm finished ranting! lol

Yay someone that is smart and doesn't want to criticize Halo 4 or 343, but rather be on their side!

Combining two game's to create another is genious, but as much as i love Halo, i am still debating if it is a really, really a good idea. Halo 4 play's extremely fast now, and as you get in to the game, it is over. Where is the fun in that.

CoD work's well in all sense's, but Halo 4 with some added CoD is some what... Odd !!! Worse thing is the weopan loadout's, on CoD you can make a Shotgun loadout. Last i knew the Shotgun was in Halo 4, so why not available for a loadout. It is what it is for, init ???

Halo 4 is a great game, and i love it, but flaw's are there. You make a game better, you risk flaw's. And, that is what we have here, combining CoD with Halo created such a thing.

Thankfully, this is just mainly the MM part of Halo 4, now we have Spartan Op's, sort of Spec Op's for Halo 4. Nice !!! But, is it any better than Firefight. Well, i like it, and the fact you have more to come make's thing's better.

Campaign is a great story line, and after completing it first on Legendary, i am looking forward to completing the game yet again for fun. Oh, anyone else think Captain Del Rio a right "Prick" ???

Combining two game's to create another is genious, but as much as i love Halo, i am still debating if it is a really, really a good idea. Halo 4 play's extremely fast now, and as you get in to the game, it is over. Where is the fun in that.

CoD work's well in all sense's, but Halo 4 with some added CoD is some what... Odd !!! Worse thing is the weopan loadout's, on CoD you can make a Shotgun loadout. Last i knew the Shotgun was in Halo 4, so why not available for a loadout. It is what it is for, init ???

Halo 4 is a great game, and i love it, but flaw's are there. You make a game better, you risk flaw's. And, that is what we have here, combining CoD with Halo created such a thing.

Thankfully, this is just mainly the MM part of Halo 4, now we have Spartan Op's, sort of Spec Op's for Halo 4. Nice !!! But, is it any better than Firefight. Well, i like it, and the fact you have more to come make's thing's better.

Campaign is a great story line, and after completing it first on Legendary, i am looking forward to completing the game yet again for fun. Oh, anyone else think Captain Del Rio a right "Prick" ???

I lma off when he freaked on master chief " I order you to ... SURRENDER THAT A.I.

i think that it is a massive rip of of COD you guys are all ****heads **** off noobs i pwn u all at cod no scop you across the map easy i think halo should just quid now because it has gotten so bad it has to rip off cod omg 343 u noobs bungie owns halo 1 2 and 3 were better even reach 4 sucks 343 just quit NOW i miss you bungie!!!!!!

Mark shut up you are a cod fanboy come onto halo and ill own you 343 are the best bungie can go **** themselves they're gone now forget about them and you cant even spell you **** im the best ok **** everyone on this forum ill pwn them all in 1 v 1s hell ill even win 8 v 1s the 8 being on my side but still i pwn you alll!!!! and **** cod