Archangel Tyrael

2820774-gallery-2.jpg

The patch for the rank reset glitch.

Read below for more details

Source:

Halo Waypoint

Halo 4 is officially here! Thank you to everybody who celebrated the occasion at one of our launch events, and we hope you’re enjoying the game. We have been overwhelmed at the response, and we’re grateful for your continued support.

As you can imagine, there are a tremendous number of new players connecting to Halo 4 right now. We’re aware that some users are experiencing occasional issues connecting to the Halo 4 services, and we are currently narrowing down possible solutions. We will be providing regular updates across all our channels, so stay tuned to the following places for the latest information:

Halo Waypoint Twitter

Halo 4 Facebook

Halo Waypoint Forums

Please report issues in this thread. Thank you for your patience, and we’ll continue working around the clock until the situation has been resolved.

3PM Update

We are narrowing down possible solutions. While we continue to investigate, we are aware of issues impacting the following server-side functions:

Spartan Rank (typically drops to 1)

• Spartan Ops

• File Share

• Service Record

• Commendations

• Challenges

• Custom Loadouts

• Armor Unlocks

Once you are able to connect to the server again, you will need to recreate your custom loadouts but your armor and SR should return to their normal state. We apologize for the inconvenience, and many thanks for your continued patience.

6PM Update

We’ve seen improvement and are still closely monitoring the situation. We'll provide another update this evening. Thank you for your patience.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hey, everything is good for me BUT for some reason, I stopped getting XP. It doesn't matter which playlists I'm playing whether it's matchmaking or Spartan Ops, no XP...

Help!

Hey, about an hour ago i was playing spartan ops with my friends and i realised that my xp did move one bit, so i ignored it thinking that i got a bad amount of xp, but ever since then its been stuck on

SR25 3733/16100 xp , im pretty upset because i would have been atleast level 29 by now but every time i finish any war games match at the end it skips the part where the xp gets added to the xp bar and it just goes to the lobby of the match, i would be very appreciative if you could find a solution to this problem

Hey, everything is good for me BUT for some reason, I stopped getting XP. It doesn't matter which playlists I'm playing whether it's matchmaking or Spartan Ops, no XP...

Help!

It is quite frustrating isn't it

I think that's really unfair because it basically limits how much i can play multiplayer, and I like being rewarded for what i do in matchmaking (Eg. levelling up and armours etc.). it is a really bad move making a cap on the amount of xp you can get in a day, if anything wouldn't 343 want more people playing, not driving them off multiplayer because of no reward, i want to play matchmaking but i don't want to because im not getting anything. 343 please take the xp cap off

If you're playing MP just for the rewards, you're doing it wrong...

Enjoy the games you play and when your xp cap resets, have fun with the rewards.

Anybody who stops playing because of rewards needs to step back and look at things like halo 2, or MP games before 'unlocks'.

We played for the fun, not the rewards!

Happy fragging

Wow Halo 4 what a disappointment Halo 4 has put a knife in the back of an already down halo saga epic disappointment The graphics are the only thing worth turning the game on for..... This is what happens when you GIVE people lots of money to do something next time EARN it 343 bungie did with h2 n h3. SOMETIMES LESS IS MORE!!!!!!!! Someone is going to come along and capitalize on what you have neglected to and im sure you will be sorry enjoy your upcoming productions it will be short lived like everything else GOOD RIDDENS

i have tried about 15 times trying to get the disc 2 to install the war games and everything else and when ever i try it always says 'installation failed, insert disc 1 now' and when i try to go on war games it wont allow me. I then try to download it from xbox live and it always fails and i cant think of any way of making it work so can you try and help me and my situation?

If you're playing MP just for the rewards, you're doing it wrong...

Enjoy the games you play and when your xp cap resets, have fun with the rewards.

Anybody who stops playing because of rewards needs to step back and look at things like halo 2, or MP games before 'unlocks'.

We played for the fun, not the rewards!

Happy fragging

I completely agree with you, I was playing MP games long before leveling systems and rewards, but my point is that 343i should not put an xp cap in H4, if there was no xp on MP to begin with then i wouldn't care the slightest, but its the fact that there is xp in the game and whats the point of adding xp if your going to put a cap on what a person could get in a day, the soul reason of having xp is to see how far you can progress and look back with a sense of achievement, and in a sense we are getting punished for playing/appreciating the game for to long in a day.

Two things:

1. Team Swat and Snipes.

2. My roommate and I aren't getting credit for 'Episode of Legend'.

Team swat and sniers were two of the best game types

I TOOK OF TWO DAYS OF WORK AND BY 2:30 PM TUESDAY COULD NOT GET ANYMORE XP !!! If I would have bought Mt. Dew ( like a lot of my friends did ) and hit my cap at like 9 am I would have been EFFING PISSED! Why promote Double XP if there is a cap, why buy Mountain Dew if there is a cap? MAKES NO SENSE ! 343 I hope you understand that no one will buy Mt. Dew now for DXP because the people that normally don't buy Mt. Dew but buy it for XP do it to level up quickly!!! The joy of leveling up as quick as you can is what so many people love about ranking games. You will never be able to prevent the $#!% heads who cheat the system to boost. 343 You want this trilogy to be a success ? DONT EVER PUNISH THE WHOLE HALO GAMING COMMUNITY THAT KEEPS YOU IN BUSINESS because a few knuckle heads boost !! Who ever is pulling the strings at 343 this cap needs to stop or gonna looses us in the end!

Everey thing is fine for my campain but for some reason during ALL the cutscenes the sounds are muffled and sound weird.Ive seen walkthroughs and their cutscenes dont do that.My audio wont fix it.But the voices are fine when someone talks.Whats wrong?

Hey, about an hour ago i was playing spartan ops with my friends and i realised that my xp did move one bit, so i ignored it thinking that i got a bad amount of xp, but ever since then its been stuck on

SR25 3733/16100 xp , im pretty upset because i would have been atleast level 29 by now but every time i finish any war games match at the end it skips the part where the xp gets added to the xp bar and it just goes to the lobby of the match, i would be very appreciative if you could find a solution to this problem

wow already sr25?!

The only reason Im upset is because its using my double XP games but not giving me XP. i went out of my way to get some dew for the codes because I liked how they rewarded me with the bonus XP. but now that I hit a cap and i lose a xp game token without getting any XP. seems kind of lame.

If I want to play 10 hours a day, then let me. Im not boosting, so don't worry about it. I want the xp I deserve, this is BS. All the halo community has to pay for idiots who boost? Not fair, and I finished challenges and that xp I'll never get. WASTE OF TIME. Halo 3 > Halo 4.