Halo 4: Spartan Ops Episode 2 out Monday - trailer

Archangel Tyrael

Halo-4-Spartan-Ops-Trailer.jpg

343 Industries promised weekly Spartan Ops episodes and it's sticking to that promise. Episode 2 will be out on Monday.

Read below for more details

Source: Computerandvideogames.com

Spartan Ops: Episode Two, which contains five new missions and an accompanying new CG cinematic, will be available for free via Xbox Live next Monday, November 12 at 11am GMT (3am Pacific).

We've got a teaser trailer for you here, and below that, some blurb on what to expect from events in Episode 2 (left until last in case you're on a super-stringent spoiler blackout).

This week on Halo 4: Spartan Ops -- The mysterious artifact recovered from Requiem takes control of vital systems on board the UNSC Infinity, forcing the Spartans of Crimson and Majestic back down to the planet to look for a way to free the ship. Commander Lasky and the UNSC need you, Spartan...get back in the game!

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I like spartan ops i think its awsome to have a tv show that i can play and is new every week :)

although i was VERY dissappointed with halo 4 .. the story was short and boring . . but i havent lost faith im sure 343 will step up its game for halo 5 . i just think of it as in halo 1, we knew nothin of what was going on until halo 2 . . maybe this is the same case? :P

Spartan Ops is great and I prefer it to Firefight, but I suppose that since I have always preferred the campaign to the multiplayer, I'm just not the kind of person that mindless, endlessly repetitive game modes like firefight appeal to. But I could see how the crowd that doesn't get tired of playing the same maps after 5 years might find its more campaign-oriented, less playing it ad nauseum design less appealing. Firefight is fun for a while and with friends, but it very quickly becomes monotonous. Spartan Ops ties together brief and enjoyable, objective-based missions with light and well done story elements, and we're getting 5 new missions every week for free? Fantastic. All I could hope for beyond that is some more ambitious story and mission stuctures, but it's really too ealy to tell whether that is already going to happenor not.

Do people actually like this ****? It is just as boring as the campaign. I was a die hard Halo 3 fan and I am really disappointed with the direction the game has been taken

You are a dueche then stop playing

I LOVE Spartan Ops, its amazing. You sir are an idiot

HA I'm sorry, but I was looking to play Halo 4, the sequel to Halo 3, not Halo 4 aka Halo Reach 2.0

Seriosly, what's wrong with you? You are litterally the only person I've heard say anything negative about Halo 4. I mean I understand that you have a right to your own opinion and all, but if you had of payed any attention to the stuff they showed in trailers and details they released before the game came out, then you would have realized that it was not going to be the same tried and true gameplay like Halo 3 did. If they were afraid to try new things, then they'd just fall into the same pile of garbage that CoD has, where every game is the same, but with different weapon skins and a slightly different campaign. 343 had to prove that they had what it takes to take over the Halo franchise, and they've deffinitely done that. I was far more interested in the story of this Halo game than I've been since Halo 1, and maybe even a little more than I was then. Yea, it's a little different, but that's a good thing. Series progress by doing NEW things, not staying the same....

In my opinion, 343 has done an even better job than Bungie ever did, (which honestly suprised me a little bit), and has made the best Halo game to date......

Seriosly, what's wrong with you? You are litterally the only person I've heard say anything negative about Halo 4. I mean I understand that you have a right to your own opinion and all, but if you had of payed any attention to the stuff they showed in trailers and details they released before the game came out, then you would have realized that it was not going to be the same tried and true gameplay like Halo 3 did. If they were afraid to try new things, then they'd just fall into the same pile of garbage that CoD has, where every game is the same, but with different weapon skins and a slightly different campaign. 343 had to prove that they had what it takes to take over the Halo franchise, and they've deffinitely done that. I was far more interested in the story of this Halo game than I've been since Halo 1, and maybe even a little more than I was then. Yea, it's a little different, but that's a good thing. Series progress by doing NEW things, not staying the same....

In my opinion, 343 has done an even better job than Bungie ever did, (which honestly suprised me a little bit), and has made the best Halo game to date......

I have been paying attention to all the prerelease stuff, I got pretty hyped up myself, and I really do respect what you are saying. Maybe my first comment came off wrong. I am a ranked competitive player. Halo 4 obviously is very competitive but there is no end goal in mind. Ya winning games is fun, but it gets monotonous if losing causes nothing, thus making the replayability a little weak. The story is great and everything but playing through the first 3 games of campaigns and then going to this... it was a little bit of a let down. The gameplay in campaign just didnt live up to past games.

You are also right about the doing knew things makes a game better, however, don't fix something that isn't broke. People would honestly still be playing Halo 2 or 3 if there was still viable amounts of people in the matchmaking. We are obviously very different gamers, as in you are more for the social slayer gametype as I am an MLG/doubles (ranked) player. That is why you think 343 did better than bungie, which they did at making their own thing their own way, but it isn't an upgrade to the old halo, it's an alternate version geared towards different players

And Gamer3427, maybe broaden your scope from the 343 industries website and you might see that other people who were halo 2 and 3 fans are also disappointed in how Halo 4 wasn't really en extension to halo 3, just the story using the halo reach engine.

You are also right about the doing knew things makes a game better, however, don't fix something that isn't broke. People would honestly still be playing Halo 2 or 3 if there was still viable amounts of people in the matchmaking. We are obviously very different gamers, as in you are more for the social slayer gametype as I am an MLG/doubles (ranked) player. That is why you think 343 did better than bungie, which they did at making their own thing their own way, but it isn't an upgrade to the old halo, it's an alternate version geared towards different players

I actually prefer playing Team Snipers and Team SWAT, and in all honesty I won't be touching regular slayer games once they release those playlists. True, that I may not care quite as much about playing just to win, but that's not saying I play just to have fun. I can understand where you are comming from when you are complaining about there being no penalty for losing, since I liked the rank system from the Halo 3 multiplayer a whole lot, however considering the fact that right now there are no playlists besides Regicide where your own skill ammounts to anything, it's not entirely unexpected that they'll include a rank system when they realease other playlists, such as MLG, since that's the whole reason people play those gametypes. All I'm saying is that you are judging a newly released game as horrible because it doesn't have everything you want avaliable right from the start. If you remember correctly, it wasn't until later in Halo 3's lifespan that they included the more skill-oriented gametypes. Also, what exactly is it that you were dissapointed with in the campaign? It had a good variety of locations and objectives, as well as being more difficult than the previous games, especially in the later levels, and definetly more so on Legendary. On top of that, they vastly improved the AI, so that now they made an effort to get out of the way of your weapons rather than stand there getting shot......

As for me needing to "broaden my scope," I'm not talking about what I've heard on the 343 website, since I don't pay attention to most people who post here, due to the simple fact that they are undoutably biased towards the game. I'm talking about all the sites that I usually visit, as well as all of my friends, (some of who were die hard Halo 3 fans who wouldn't touch Reach after they played for more than a week), and yet the biggest complaints I've heard prior to you were simply about issues with the servers being a bit touchy, (which is due to the massive ammount of players to sign on so early after the game released), and about the fileshare system not wanting to work properly, (again, server issues). Asside from that, my only complaint is the fact that more than one people focusing on one person almost always ends with that one person dying, namely me. Though that is more due to a lack of teamwork on my team's part than any real flaw in the system.....

Do people actually like this ****? It is just as boring as the campaign. I was a die hard Halo 3 fan and I am really disappointed with the direction the game has been taken

That's why you're a die hard Halo 3 fan instead of a die hard Halo fan.

is Infinity losing power and crashing into Requiem going to become a regular thing?

Rofl if you haven't noticed that this is working with the campaign.. So when Infinity is crashing, it's the same sequence as what we saw with Master Chief -- Only we're on the other end this time.

[Fair warning, spoilers ahead]

Were you really this upset with the campaign? I mean, it's certainly not perfect (I get that you wanted to make the story between Cortana and Chief the centerpoint, 343, but you killed an entire city on earth and don't even mention it in passing in the campaign) but it is a good deal stronger than Halo 3's. The pacing, motivation and overall arc are a lot cleaner than in Halo 3, which at times was very unfocused or fell into deus ex machina (the alliance with the Gravemind, and subsequently being surprised when it turns against them, the fact that there happened to be a new Halo being built despite the fact that the Ark is outside of our galaxy).

Halo 4 just tells a more compelling story overall. You can't tell me you weren't moved when Cortana is destroyed on the Didact's ship, and I don't really think any Halo game, certainly not Halo 3, has ever had a moment that powerful.

I replayed the campaign on legendary, and it is definitely growing more on me, but Gamer3427, what I didn't really like about the campaign is that they didnt do a great job explaining how the elites joined back with the covanent. Also, it gets a little boring when you are just constantly fighting through a long field of enemies and you get to the end and it turns out, they respawned behind you and you need to do it again lol. But it is definitely harder and you are right about better AI. The spartan ops to me though just seems like more repeated campaign missions. I would rather just watch the story.

And I have come to terms with the lack of ranking system and will try to enjoy the newer way of doing multiplayer but i'm afraid i, and many other people (especially the pro circuit) will also lose interest and drop it like reach.

Hay P W N Z 0 R the current elites (Sangheili) in Halo 4 are known as the Storm Covenant which is a splinter group that was created during the Human - Covenant war. They didn't join they join the Covenant again, they never left; the Sangheili split into two groups the newly reformed allied Sangheili and the Storm Covenant, the reason the Storm Covenant never left is because they still had faith in the 'Great Journey' which the other group didn't and for the past 4 years that have continued on the 'Great Journey' which lead them to Requiem. Someone correct me if I have missed something or have gotten something wrong :)

I replayed the campaign on legendary, and it is definitely growing more on me, but Gamer3427, what I didn't really like about the campaign is that they didnt do a great job explaining how the elites joined back with the covanent. Also, it gets a little boring when you are just constantly fighting through a long field of enemies and you get to the end and it turns out, they respawned behind you and you need to do it again lol. But it is definitely harder and you are right about better AI. The spartan ops to me though just seems like more repeated campaign missions. I would rather just watch the story.

I will admit that they didn't explain much in campaign as to what was going on, but then again, the first Halo didn't do a whole lot to explain either. Still, as "Anon" has stated, the story is there somewhere or online somewhere, it's just a matter of them focusing on Cortana and Master Chief's relationship more than anything else in the campaign, and letting outside sources fill in the other details, which in truth is no different than how the other Halo games have always done with everything that wasn't immediately important to the story. Still, they could have had some more information easily visible as to what is going on. Who knows though, they may be planning on telling us more with the Spartan Ops campaign as it releases......

As for your disappointment with Spartan Ops, you do have to remember that it is meant to be played as a multiplayer campaign, rather than as a second singleplayer experience. I'll admit that even on Legendary, playing through it solo the first time was a bit underwhelming, but I had a lot more fun once I played through it with some friends......

Also, as I stated before, I'm sure they'll include some sort of ranked playlist as time goes on, but right now, they're still dealing with trying to get everything set up and working correctly. It makes sense that they'd focus at first with the more casual fanbase which comprises the majority of Halo players and getting them satisfied before they focus on the much more picky, (and I don't mean that in a bad way), pro players. I doubt it will be too long before they get things going more to your liking, but until then, I can understand why you might feel a little disappointing with the initial content. Frankly, I'm already a little tired of playing regular slayer, and am grateful they'll be releasing SWAT as a playlist this week......

Also, feel free to PM me your gamertag, and I'll be happy to play some rounds with you. Having a good team backing you makes all the difference......