Halo 4 Makes $220 Million On First Day

Adam91

Halo4_Logo-600x300.jpg

It has been announced that Halo 4 has made $220 million within it's first 24 hours of release which makes it the most profitable Halo launch ever.

usatoday.com explains the situation.

Despite a five-year absence, Master Chief is still packing plenty of firepower.

Microsoft announced its long-awaited first-person shooter Halo 4 raked in $220 million worldwide in the first 24 hours of release, which makes it the biggest Halo launch ever. The game is on track to earn $300 million in its opening week.

The company says more than 4 million players have tried Halo 4, which follows hero Master Chief as he confronts a new alien threat to the universe. To date, players have logged more than 5 billion hours playing games across the Halo franchise.

The series has been a massive hit for Microsoft and its Xbox video game consoles. With the arrival of Halo 4, the franchise has pulled in $3.38 billion, an impressive feat considering it's only available for one platform.

The announcement arrives as another blockbuster video game -- Call of Duty: Black Ops II -- prepares to hit stores this Tuesday. Last year's release of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 pulled in $400 million in the first 24 hours.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Really unhappy with this game. Was looking forward to it, especially after Reach, but I can barely play with my friends online. Servers are terrible and take forever to connect. If you're going to charge so much for this game and make us fans wait forever for it then you could at least fix your servers. Oh and the beginning music stinks.

Microsoft owns Halo, Bungie didn't have a choice when they wanted to work on other projects.

And congratulations 343. Well deserved. I bought the LE Console (even though my Reach console was still mint), LE Game, LE UNSC Controller, LE Soundtrack (beautiful score), Art of Halo 4, and took 9 days paid vacation to play it. It was worth it. I can't wait to start following the road to Halo 5!

I spent a lot of money on this game as well, the console and the LE edition, the LE headset and extra UNSC controller. I have been maxed out at lvl 70 for 2 weeks now... I think 343 needs to just unlock the specializations. The code I got in my email didn't even work and said it was already in use. A few of my friends were able to get past 70 but a few of them, myself included are stuck. Any one know when all the specializations will be unlocked to everyone?

i suppose when you cut so many corners and leave so much out of the game profit will be that high as there is not alot cost involved in creating H4 in the first place.... its an ok game i suppose only since Team Snipes was brought back....still cant get skill system done right though...more cheap corner cutting....i never seen any other Halo game need so many updates before as they were done right from the start......good for you 343i

Microsoft owns Halo, Bungie didn't have a choice when they wanted to work on other projects.

Wrong Bungie agreed to 2 more games after H3 to get their company back and venture out into business on their own again...they had a choice and made a deal on their own terms...the right deal as when 343i stuck their nose into Halo they ruined it

I am an avid Halo fan and have every game released.  I agree with Psychowarren, 343 did a poor job with Halo 4.  I pray that Microsoft would drop 343 because I will not purchase another Halo game as long  as 343 has their name on it!

Louis Vuitton Handbags: Ads Attribute Modest Models Nowadays

Before getting started any kind of a lightening teeth software, make sure to see your dental professional and have louis vuitton outlet cleaning up and find. This could in fact be all you need to hire a great, white appearance. It will certainly likewise allow your louis vuitton handbags dental expert to verify your gums due to the fact that these lightening therapies actually must not be used as quickly as the gum area are aggravated.

Design: Designers of reproduction bags design their items around the most recent and best trends in the style accessory market. At Best 1 Handbags, we properly research each of Louis Vuitton periodic lines, after that hand-pick the most popular products for replication. Our stock shows the most sought-after louis vuitton purses, wallets, and sunglasses. When purchasing several of the trendier designs, such as vibrant animal prints or sleek metallic materials, going fake is a wise step, since you probably succeeded be carrying these transitory styles year-round.

Paris Style Week delivered their take spring/summer 2012 collection down the current fashion trends the other day and left Fashionistas all over anxiously making demand lists for the upcoming cozy weather period. The trends which appeared in Paris were a little various louis vuitton canada exactly what was received New York, London and Milan. Paris provided the fashion globe pastel colours, knee-length hemlines, structure and tidy, classic purses which can easily last a life-time.

The function is that you don't should remain in cushion the entire day to relaxation and unwind. Why rule out a walk in a serene woodland to unique your head in the tensions at execute Or chat along with your little ones or partner while you find the different trails, your conversation undisturbed by Tv or also the cellular phone.

Occasionally compute your gain margin to be particular what you set you back, after expenses and overhead, pays you a wonderful residing. Covering expenditures, overhead and payroll just isn't ample.

As all we understand, LV is a popular brand name throughout the globe nowadays.LV experienced the reformation of style trend and survived throughout the increase and autumn of fashion trend. LV handbags are created from the finest and greatest quality product available. lv bags are made with vinyl covered canvas likewise called PVC.Stitching on any sort of LV bag is straight, well made and specific to excellence without loosened dangers. The one-of-a-kind tartan pattern which is much more http://louisvuittoncanada.christianad.info the LV check louis vuitton has become of the most prominent and the majority of desired styles in the whole wide world. No wonder that worldwide today, there's LV branded http://Cheaplouisvuittonhandbags.paradoxproductions.co.uk outlets and franchises in many nations ranging all throughout the globe.

Such type of consumers have a big proportion in getting the louis vuitton handbags cheap louis vuitton bags along with comparatively reduced price. The expert additionally said that the deluxe items dealerships have a great know-how regarding this point, so to start with they will present into fragrance and fittings when they introduce in to a brand.

We didn't do much Sunday and rather of traveling opted to stay at home and clean the van. I understand, nevertheless, that if joined gone anywhere, my lack of purse would certainly have become a hinderance.