Halo 4 Makes $220 Million On First Day

Adam91

Halo4_Logo-600x300.jpg

It has been announced that Halo 4 has made $220 million within it's first 24 hours of release which makes it the most profitable Halo launch ever.

usatoday.com explains the situation.

Despite a five-year absence, Master Chief is still packing plenty of firepower.

Microsoft announced its long-awaited first-person shooter Halo 4 raked in $220 million worldwide in the first 24 hours of release, which makes it the biggest Halo launch ever. The game is on track to earn $300 million in its opening week.

The company says more than 4 million players have tried Halo 4, which follows hero Master Chief as he confronts a new alien threat to the universe. To date, players have logged more than 5 billion hours playing games across the Halo franchise.

The series has been a massive hit for Microsoft and its Xbox video game consoles. With the arrival of Halo 4, the franchise has pulled in $3.38 billion, an impressive feat considering it's only available for one platform.

The announcement arrives as another blockbuster video game -- Call of Duty: Black Ops II -- prepares to hit stores this Tuesday. Last year's release of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 pulled in $400 million in the first 24 hours.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Microsoft owns Halo, Bungie didn't have a choice when they wanted to work on other projects.

And congratulations 343. Well deserved. I bought the LE Console (even though my Reach console was still mint), LE Game, LE UNSC Controller, LE Soundtrack (beautiful score), Art of Halo 4, and took 9 days paid vacation to play it. It was worth it. I can't wait to start following the road to Halo 5!

Halo Lover- 343i would certainly deserve it if the game was capable of running full 8 v 8 Objective gameplay. I know too many people already disgusted by having been disrespected so hard opening week... they better get BTB: OBJ running and fast... 8 v 8 is standard on XBL. STANDARD!!!

Halo Lover- 343i would certainly deserve it if the game was capable of running full 8 v 8 Objective gameplay. I know too many people already disgusted by having been disrespected so hard opening week... they better get BTB: OBJ running and fast... 8 v 8 is standard on XBL. STANDARD!!!

i havent had any problems since opening day and know no one except you who is still bitching about it.

Because of the over-hype of this game,but with good reason.I waited 5 years for this game to come out...ever since i saw the legendary ending of Halo 3 i knew Chief would be back one day...however i was disappionted in the storyline honestly it needed more.If i didn't read the books like a catholic reads his bible there would be many more questions not answered.Don't get me wrong Halo 4 is a really good game,but pales in comparison to the original trilogy so far.Not giving up though,fingers crossed for Halo 5 already.

Halo 4 is overly addicting even though it has some problems, I can't stop playing it, I took a break from it yesterday now I am at school and I am so desperate to go home and just sit there for hours playing...I do like the other Halo's better, I still play Halo 3 and 2, but Halo 4 is good also. I can't wait for Halo 5, hopefully they bring Cortana back (Sorry if that's a spoiler, for the people who didn't beat the game yet.) I love the Halo series as long as it doesn't turn to another CoD, next game they can fix it and take out all of the things from CoD.

- Sassy♥

Halo 4 is overly addicting even though it has some problems, I can't stop playing it, I took a break from it yesterday now I am at school and I am so desperate to go home and just sit there for hours playing...I do like the other Halo's better, I still play Halo 3 and 2, but Halo 4 is good also. I can't wait for Halo 5, hopefully they bring Cortana back (Sorry if that's a spoiler, for the people who didn't beat the game yet.) I love the Halo series as long as it doesn't turn to another CoD, next game they can fix it and take out all of the things from CoD.

- Sassy♥

You are an ass... You should have noted Spoilers Below at the beginning of the post not after you just ruined part of the campaign... again.. you are an ass

Dear God, hire me so I can redesign this site. Lime green cursive body text? Really?

Side note, you guys did a amazing job with halo 4. Grats.

lmao, please someone ANYONE.

Wonder how much 343 had to buy Halo off of Bungie for though.

Bungie didn't own halo, Microsoft owned the rights to halo, and actually many bungie employees that were on the previous halo teams moved over to 343 industries with the series.

Dear God, hire me so I can redesign this site. Lime green cursive body text? Really?

Side note, you guys did a amazing job with halo 4. Grats.

Dude, anyone can change their text color lmao xD I guess the person who posted this article likes lime green. It's no big deal lol

so do a lot of people except trolls like ELVIS7. it will have problems like all games do and no game is perfect but i havent found all that much i dont like.

not a troll roosterteethfan , just a very disappointed fan, waited so long for h4 but in anycase, theres always reach and fyi, your precious roosterteeth halo vids and episodes will be a lot harder to make, now that half the options are gone and forge is broken junk, some roosterteeth fan you are ;)

Right now Im deciding to buy Halo 4 (Gotten all Halo games before) but for now im not cause im hearing alot of complaints for forge (Huge fan of it) and no unsc air vehicles!!!! :o but yeah hopefully they improve with infection, assault, and race... so intill then im thinking of getting black ops 2 just cause of its Zombies!!! :D