CSR to launch in April

Destroyaaa

In the latest Halo Waypoint Bulletin, Kevin Franklin released the following information about matchmaking

War Games Community Update

Every week we share information about upcoming Matchmaking playlist updates (see above), but Kevin Franklin also wanted to touch on some other things expected to arrive over the next few months. So those of you that have been asking about CSR, Extraction and other War Games-related topics should immediately begin digging into the information below. There are morsels to be unearthed, and that’s all I’m going to say about that.

grifball2.jpg

Hey everyone, Kevin Franklin here.

The 343 War Games team has been hard at work on new playlist content, DLC maps, and other such goodies. We are incredibly excited for our upcoming DLC announcement, but until then we have some other updates to share with you.

CSR – Competitive Skill Rank

We have been working closely with several internal teams on optimizing the ranking system, and working to integrate it into your Waypoint player profile, accessible on web, phone and tablet.

More Details:

• You will have a unique CSR visible per playlist.

• Your highest CSR across all playlists will be promoted in the player profile on Halo Waypoint.

• CSR uses familiar 1-50 scale.

• When CSR launches, everyone will start with a fresh rating.

Our targeted launch date for CSR is April 2013, and we will be re-configuring some of our most competitive playlists to accommodate the launch of the feature.

Playlist Rotations Going Forward

We have been reading your feedback on rotational playlists, and we would like to clarify our approach going forward.

• Several of the modes currently on ‘hiatus’ are getting updates and fixes based on community feedback.

• We are planning to build several multi-mode playlists that include rotated modes, and new modes we have not launched yet. It is important that we build strong playlist compositions in time for the CSR launch.

• We hope to keep Grifball and Doubles in as regular playlists.

Future Playlists and Modes

Alongside bug fixes, feature improvements, and new maps, here are some modes and playlists we are working on:

• Grifball Playlist: Slated to include multiple versions of Grifball and new courts.

• Extraction Playlist: Adding overtime, fixing a score bug, improving the capture experience, and tuning maps.

• Infinity CTF: More details next week.

And that brings this week’s Halo Bulletin to a close. I hope you found answers to a few of your most asked questions, and we’ll be back next week to do it all again. Until then…

This sounds great and all, but APRIL? ARE YOU SERIOUS? Thats another 2 months of Halo 4 collecting dust.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

So... To be clear, he said it will only be visible on Waypoint? That is not going to sit well with many people :(

Whats the point? I mean i get on waypoint now and then but Only visible on waypoint? Why even do it if you cant show off your prowess in battle. WTF

CSR is a complete waste of time if you are only going to have it visible on waypoint, you are going to lose a LOT of players if you don't fully implement it into the game. It's getting stale already, this is a stupid move.

CSR is a complete waste of time if you are only going to have it visible on waypoint, you are going to lose a LOT of players if you don't fully implement it into the game. It's getting stale already, this is a stupid move.

It is stupid but its not the end of the world like everyone else is making it out to be. You can still see your ranks and possibly the ranks of the people you are playing. Even if you can't see their ranks, you will be playing against people of the same or around the same level as you.

When you say rank, do you mean the current SR rank or the incoming CSR? If you mean the CSR, then no, you won't see it unless you are on waypoint - which most people don't use.

If you mean SR rank, well they are meaningless anyway as a high rank generally just means they've played the game a lot.

What kept Halo 2/3 popular for so long was the ranking systems, not having a proper ranking system visible in-game is 343 shooting themselves in the foot.

Not

When you say rank, do you mean the current SR rank or the incoming CSR? If you mean the CSR, then no, you won't see it unless you are on waypoint - which most people don't use.

If you mean SR rank, well they are meaningless anyway as a high rank generally just means they've played the game a lot.

What kept Halo 2/3 popular for so long was the ranking systems, not having a proper ranking system visible in-game is 343 shooting themselves in the foot.

Yeah and the halowaypoint website IS HORRID.

Thanks for listening to us 343 some of us suggested things on the off chance that you would listen and you have delivered but not quite yet ;) i cant wait for the updates and maps and it seemed asif you took all my suggestion on board and to be fair its the only game i play so hats off to you again and dont be shy to bombard us with new maps and all that good stuff you have lined up for us we all look forward to it even if there are some haters out there XD

Till next time 343 u lovely bunch :D

DaPz