Xbox One's price to fall? Microsoft seeking legal action against recent leaks.

Adam91

104204.jpg

According to "respected sources" given to

VG247 Microsoft will be lowering the price of the Xbox One sometime this year. VG247 reported that it will fall down to the price of the price the PS4

"Microsoft has told trusted publishing partners that it will release a new model Xbox One before the end of the year, a senior source has confirmed to VG247. Although the source was unable to confirm that the system will be disc-less and feature a bluetooth adaptor, the new console will be priced cheaper than the current $499 model. Upon release, Microsoft would likely drop the price of the current Xbox One model, placing it in the same price point as Sony’s PlayStation 4."

There has been quite a lot of rumors buzzing around regarding Microsoft this week, mostly coming from Neogaf by the user of "ntkrnl". There has been several rumors including a Halo 2 anniversary edition being set to release this year and Halo 5 being delayed as many of you may already know. But many of us were unsure on how to take these rumors but according to

Kotaku nktrnl is connected to microsoft and they are seeking legal action against these leaks.

"So how valid is this stuff? Well, thanks to a reliable source, I've been able to confirm that ntkrnl is indeed connected to Microsoft, although I haven't been able to verify any of the poster's claims. Just because the leaker is in a position to know this information doesn't mean this information is true. (When I reached out this morning, Microsoft declined to comment.)"

Another Kotaku statement.

"On top of all that, according to one person familiar with the situation who spoke to me under condition of anonymity, Microsoft is currently trying to track down and identify ntkrnl. According to that person, Microsoft executives are looking to take legal action against ntkrnl, which, again, doesn't mean that everything he says is true."

So with the latest news on these rumors and Microsoft seeking legal action, what are your views on all of this so far?

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

This won't happen till Microsoft is waaaaaay past the break-even point.

More things need to be developed for the Xbox One, titles such as Mass Effect, Mechwarrior, Elder Scrolls, Mount & Blade are all potential candidates.

With game lobbies, the size should increase from the traditional 16.

64 at a minimum total, and 128 at a maximum (but not limited for game developers that want to go higher) as console gamers, half the time, have terrible ISPs, such as Sky.