Xbox 720's Game Engine Revealed

Dog

1ac4ec81885e8ded55570b2d7779d1c5.jpg

The Game Engine has been revealed,but heres the real question are the games gonna look good?

The Xbox 720 will indeed be receiving some of the best and most advance technology in gaming, and further proof of that is the newly unveiled REDengine3 from CD Projekt RED.

According to a report from DSOGaming on Friday, Adam Badowski, head of CD Projekt RED studio, talked about how this new game engine will be contributing to upcoming games they develop.

"If we look at RPGs nowadays we find two approaches, one which emphasizes the story but limits the game world, and one that builds a vast, open world but hampers and simplifies the story.

"With the REDengine 3 we combine the positive aspects of both approaches for the first time, creating an open environment with a complex, multi-thread story.

"Together with believable characters, a captivating tale and a world where players can roam freely without loading times, we will be able to move gaming to a new level with a realistic feel and full player immersion.

What do you think about the engine?

"When working on our previous titles, I didn’t dream that we would achieve something like this. Thanks to the support of all our fans, now we have the possibility to use REDengine 3 and create something many RPG fans dream of," Badowski said.

A description was sent out via CD Projekt RED that helps describes some of the capabilities the new engine has.

"The technology uses high-dynamic-range rendering with 64-bit precision that ensures superior picture quality with more realistic and precise lighting without losses derived from reduced contrast ratio.

"A flexible renderer prepared for deferred or forward+ rendering pipelines has a wide array of cinematic post-processing effects, including bokeh depth-of-field, color grading and flares from many lights. A high-performance terrain system allows multiple material layers to be efficiently blended and uses tessellation for the best possible detail.

"The technology also includes seamless blending between animations and physics along with many more features. The engine uses CD Projekt RED’s new version of its proprietary REDkit editor with tools made specifically for RPG game creation. The editor can build complex, branching quests and set them in a free roaming environment with a simplicity not achieved by similar toolsets."

Are you excited for the next-generation engine from CD Projekt RED?

Check A Xbox 720 Game called CyberPunk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=P99qJGrPNLs

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Well that's a lie. Mass Effect has the, most likely, best story and a hugely open world. Derp.

When they say open world, they mean a single massive map like Skyrim, only it's gonna look and play even better. Mass Effect (while a truely amazing game) was divided into small levels and missions accessed by a "central hub".

Well that's a lie. Mass Effect has the, most likely, best story and a hugely open world. Derp.

Really guy? and a Hugely open world? Did you only play ME1? with even that was just something to 'drive' around in. Derpa Derpa Derpa

about time, xbox 360 graphics are appauling even compared to my cheap radeon in my pc which runs like a boss and cost 35 quid! i wonder how much these next gen consoles are gona be? and if real high rez is actually going to be in our gameplay not just our videos like pcs have been for years!

Also i totally agree with Squally DaBeanz and i know many many others who would aswell as we have been taking about this kind of game since before halo 3 was even bought out be nice to see this come true

I agree a little but in general just think of how amazing the 720 will be.....diving into new games only coming closer to real life through graphics every time. I am go to

in my pants every time i see my 720. i will play it every day. Try playing mass effect now. Like the pc you could higher thoughs graphics.