Xbox 720 has at least 4 unannounced in production from Microsoft

Adam91

It has been reported that at least 4 brand new titles will be released for the next gen xbox but they might not be released when the next xbox is released but perhaps at some point after. More details below.

This article is from

Examiner

1359761848_5044_xbox-logo.jpg

"Halo", "Gears of War", "Fable" and "Forza Motorsport" have been staples for the Xbox 360 and at least three of those are assured to return next-gen with the release of the next Xbox. Microsoft has been criticized in the past for not having original and exclusive titles for its consoles but a Microsoft Product Manager resume discovered Friday confirms that there are at least four all new intellectual properties (IPs) coming.

Jonathan Brown is the current Senior Product Manager/Product Planner for Microsoft's Vancouver Studios which was renamed to Black Tusk Studios last November. In his LinkedIn resume he wrote, "I have been the primary product manager on four unannounced new IP and have been a key contributor to bringing these IP from the very early concept phase through green light to production."

In an interview with The Vancouver Sun last year, studio head Mike Crump said, "[W]e are working on Microsoft’s next big entertainment franchise. We’re not working on an existing franchise, we’re looking to build the next 'Halo' here in Vancouver, for example, which is really exciting. We are building something from the ground up.”

That distinction is important as it shows that Microsoft is working on AAA franchises and not just Kinect games which have been received poorly by 'core' gamers. Other studios with unannounced projects include Microsoft Studios - Log Angeles, Platform Next Studios, Playful Learning, Skybox Sports, Lionhead Studios, Lift London, Press Play, and Microsoft Victoria Studios. Some of these studios could be working on PC only titles or Windows Phone 8 games as well.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Let's have a game as deep and multiplayer accessible and versatile as Halo, with things like theatre and forge, but in a medieval fantasy RPG setting, with co op. Something you would think we would have this gen, but really, we don't.

I think that the multiplayer in halo 4 needed some improvements, but it still was great. For example, the grifball gametype wasn't as good as the previous grifballs, but it still was pretty fun. As a die hard halo fan, i would definately like to see some new ideas on weapons. Bringing the Chopper back would also be pretty awesome.

they need to make games more like pc games as the depth to pc games is amazing, when i was about 14 i played half life for the first time and im not being funny but that game even the first one would put all of the xboxes games to shame. i played a game which was free called blacklight retribution and honestly since halflife and halo has been the best game ive seen in a long time and its FREE! for gods sake i mean if they can put all that effort in to a free game why cant they do it with these console games. i mean each gun has more attachments than you could shake a stick at and the enviroments have that cool realistic industrial feel which i feel comfortably immersed in, which the halo 2 and 3 kinda felt like though im slowly losing my love for the console as it feels there going in half hearted with there releases, maps are essential and im sorry but halos 4`s do not cut it. i thought they was going in a good direction with odst with the realistic streets and stuff because it feels asif your there. thats what we need more of but just my 2 cents tho

Honestly, I think one of the best things Microsoft could do is order a remake of Halo 2. Halo 2 was THE best Halo game, in my own opinion, and a complete redo-even if it was like CEA, where it was just the sounds and graphics, would make me happy. Just this time, make it it's own game with it's own multiplayer, instead of it running through Halo 4 like CEA did with Reach. Honestly, that is a project I do hope to see, and if I do, my life will be complete.