Used games not to work on Next Xbox?

Adam91

usedgames_banned-e1357700697642.jpg

Recently it was reported that Sony will not be making the PS4 compatible was used games and speculation began if the same thing will happen to the next gen Xbox and it seems that it going that way too and not only that user will be required a constant internet connection to operate the console. So as well as not being able to play used next gen games does this also mean the next gen Xbox won't be backwards compatible with Xbox 360 games and will we not be able to play our beloved games like Halo 3, Reach, Halo 4 and many others on the new xbox? Well there is a possibility that the feature that prevents used games to be played will only be aimed at next gen games, or it could be like the 360 only selected games will be playable on the new console or the whole backward compatibility could be wiped out completely.

This article is from

Examiner

With the expected announcement of Sony's next-generation console, the PS4, coming later this month, today we have acquired a few new details regarding Sony's direct competitor, Microsoft's Xbox 720. Through the information that was delivered in an article posted by

Edge Online today, it seems that Microsoft's Xbox 720 will require users to have a constant Internet connection to operate the device.

Along with the always online function, the Xbox 720 will completely eliminate the used game market. It is stated that Microsoft will still make physical copies of software available with the use of 50 GB capacity Blu-ray discs. These discs will be supplied with a one-time activation code and will be useless after this code has been used.

Since Microsoft is targeting the online delivery model, it is stated that the Xbox 720 will have a sizable hard drive shipped with the system. Continuing to drive for the use of motion control, the Xbox 720 will be shipped with a new Kinect device bundled with the system. It is stated that this device will be much more responsive than the original Kinect.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

What about those who have hardly any internet connection/ a very limited bandwidth? It makes me sad to see that I may not be able to play the next few halo games. I guess it's the PC life for me now.

This is retarded. They better be able to play used games AND xbox/xbox 360 games. Making it so you can't play used games would make returning games pointless, so you'd end up buying a game, hating it, and then not being able to return it.

this seems like a really bad idea! this will kill stores like Game Stop and EB Games, where used games are a large part of their buissness. it always seemed to me that Game Stop and Microsoft had a good buissness realtionship, but this decicsion seems to indicate otherwise. on top of that both Promethean and Delpen9 made good points.

I understand how they could make the bluray disc stop working, but i don't think that it would apply to older games on CDs. that is no garentee that it will be backwards compatible. which if it is not, would make two pretty big mistakes by microsoft!

I say if Sony wants to be dumb and eliminate their used game market, it dose not mean that Microsoft needs to be a copy cat. Sony is a dieing company anyway. Its already been through bankruptcy, and has not really recoverd. dose Microsoft really want to follow the marketing stratigy of a bankrupt company!(seems like a bad idea)

What about all of the people that only by the game after it super cheap, because they heard mixed reviews? Half of my games came out of the $14.00 bin at game stop. I would not by those games at full price reagardless of how much I like them. The only way i see around that is too make all games cheaper initaly and have them depreiciate much quicker. otherwise there will be a very negitive effect on the game market in general.

In the end Promethian is right!, this stinks of greed! I think this decision will come back and bite Microsoft in the backside! unfortunatly that will effect the whole gaming industry in a very bad way.

Sounds like they're letting their greed guide them, which is ironic since a move like this is definitely going to kill their sales and total income from the gaming industry... Microsoft, please don't make a stupid mistake. Gaming is supposed to be fun and social. Overpriced games that can't be passed around friends, returned, sold back, or bought cheaper by another person... All on a console that REQUIRES internet connection, even if there isn't any available... Anyone else sticking to their 360?

So, to me this is a simple solution. Yeah the games on the 720 and PS4 might be better and more advanced and what not, but screw both systems if they still charge full price for games, a more expensive consol, not backwards compatable, requires internet, and cannot play used games. I'm not dropping a grand on a new system that does less than the old ones and a few games any time within forever. Theres this thing called the Xbox 360 and the PS4 out now that are around ehh.. maybe $200 or so for a decent one.. oh and you can buy a few months old game for around $40 new and you can even play your old games AND borrow a friends just to see if you like it or not before you spend the money on it. Also, it has this thing called Xbox live and Playstation Network that seems to be working just fine for me... it does what I need it to do. So let me check...mmmmm yupp.... not paying more money for a downgraded system that looks a little tiny itty bitty bit more realistic. I think I'll stick with the cheaper, more reliable, more fun, less stress system that I have right now. Thanks for playin Microsoft and Sony. Have fun selling like.. mmm maybe 300 consols world wide within 5 years.

So sad.. I was looking forward to Halo 5 and Mass Effect 4.. Probably never going to play them now.. This is a horrible business move on both companies parts. It'll kill game rental stores and businesses, such as Gamefly! Microsoft, listen to the people who BUY your consoles, not those idiotic greedy board of director types, who's probably never even TOUCHED a gaming console! Listen to the people who actually play the damn things, not greedy CEO's!

So, to me this is a simple solution. Yeah the games on the 720 and PS4 might be better and more advanced and what not, but screw both systems if they still charge full price for games, a more expensive consol, not backwards compatable, requires internet, and cannot play used games. I'm not dropping a grand on a new system that does less than the old ones and a few games any time within forever. Theres this thing called the Xbox 360 and the PS4 out now that are around ehh.. maybe $200 or so for a decent one.. oh and you can buy a few months old game for around $40 new and you can even play your old games AND borrow a friends just to see if you like it or not before you spend the money on it. Also, it has this thing called Xbox live and Playstation Network that seems to be working just fine for me... it does what I need it to do. So let me check...mmmmm yupp.... not paying more money for a downgraded system that looks a little tiny itty bitty bit more realistic. I think I'll stick with the cheaper, more reliable, more fun, less stress system that I have right now. Thanks for playin Microsoft and Sony. Have fun selling like.. mmm maybe 300 consols world wide within 5 years.

chendrey's tell the truth i think.

but why should they disabled to play used games.

they are smart , it's a stupid idea for people like microsoft to do that

This is the dawn of video games. after this the global market for video games will drop so drastically, gamestop, EBgames and other stores that sell Used games will lose soo much money and will go out of business This is not an answer to the global economy. In fact this will ruin the video game economy. They are basically making it worse for everyone. What is this Nazi Germany? Sony, Microsoft, get your **** together.

If this rumour come's to fruitation, it will be the end of the console industry, or should be. Unless that is the plan, we all know Microsoft is more PC than Console, so is this a wise move ???

All i can say, if this happen's, i s, i hope Elder Scroll's Online is good. I am not completely sure i want to go back to WoW.

But hopefully, this is just a rumour.

If Microsoft and Sony go through with this, then both companies will die off, it will ruin the gaming economy for stores like Gamestop, and the only thing left standing will be Nintendo with the WII U's that no one wants to buy. Microsoft if your going to die, please do not go out with an apocolyptic bang.

ulceseSnulk Our store has them in wholesale nfl jerseysall sizes and colors. ulceseSnulk Our store has them in wholesale nfl jerseysall sizes and colors. ulceseSnulk You can do the fast and secure payment systems by the third party payment, Visa and wholesale mlb jerseysMaster Card,then we will ship out your packages within 48 hours by UPS/DHL/TNT/EMS etc. ulceseSnulk Our store has them in wholesale nfl jerseysall sizes and colors.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

; not for nothing has Borba Margo landed the British Fashion Council’s prestigious New Generation Sponsorship four times, or found a place for its goods on the counters of shops such as Harvey Nichols and Colette. “We succumbed to our yearning for coach factory escapism,” explains Goransson of the impulse behind Borba Margo’s extravagant embellishment. The former womenswear designers have also elaborated on their sculptural coach factory aesthetic by designing accessories that, as Goransson puts it, “flirt with the idea of being a garment.” To wit: a leather belt skirted on either hip, and another one made of one continuous organza ruffle. “Our design process is similar to that of clothing design,” Goransson notes. “That’s our background, and the result is experimental pieces that make the accessory the focus of any look.”—Maya SingerPhoto: Courtesy of Borba Margofor leggings fans, a new way to wear them style file coach factory Style.com

As far as trends go, leggings have shown that they have, for lack of a better word, legs. At Lakme fashion week, under way in Mumbai, they’ve turned up in the form of a churidhar pant. The churidhar is a tight-fitting, ruched trouser, worn with a salwar kameez (a traditional Indian tunic). A number of designers, including Nikasha, who had a standout show on opening day, have shown semi-sheer silk versions that ooze sensuality without showing an inordinate amount of skin. They’re a clever way to reveal while you conceal, offering a kind of subtle sex appeal that’s appropriate

AFC hidden treasures: West | North | South | East NFC: West | North | South | East

Along with Hardin, the Bears have a second-year prospect in Chris Conte, who made a positive impression last season before suffering a foot injury. Coach Lovie Smith has long been a fan of Major Wright, and veteran Craig Steltz hasn't embarrassed anyone in the short stints he has received in recent years.

Examining a position group that could exceed its preseason expectations:

The Chicago http://worldcupsoccerfacts.info/ Bears' annual http://worldcupsoccerfacts.info/ search for long(er)-term answers at safety has turned up some interesting possibilities for 2012.

Rookie Brandon Hardin, a third-round draft pick, was one of the standouts of offseason practice, in part because of his unusual 6-foot-3 frame. History suggests Hardin will wholesale soccer jerseys get his starting chance sooner rather than later. Hardin was a cornerback at Oregon State, which can translate well into coverage skills for safeties at the professional level.

plasticos style file Style.com

In case the recent blizzards and downpours weren’t enough to make you cheap coach outlet wish for sunny spring days, Emilio Pucci has another very compelling reason—the label’s newly launched eyewear collection, which debuted on their Spring ’08 runway, just arrived in stores. The sunglasses, available at Emilio Pucci boutiques and Nordstrom for $250 to $450, come in a variety of glam, oversize frames in signature Pucci colors and the house’s classic

Eco-fashion isn’t a solely an American phenomenon. Last season in Brazil, edgy, mass-market label Cavalera showed a consciousness-raising collection along the toxic banks of São Paulo’s most polluted river. This season, at a cocktail to celebrate the Minas Trend Preview, which ended yesterday, 39 of the country’s biggest designers, including Coven, Juliana Jabour, and Graça Ottoni, created carryalls that riff on cheap coach outlet Anya Hindmarch’s infamous “I coach outlet factory online Am Not a Plastic Bag” tote. Minas’ most famous designer, Ronaldo Fraga, had the standout: a cotton bag embroidered with the message, “AND YOU THINK THAT MY HEART IS MADE OF PAPER.” Lilian Pacci, one of the country’s most respected fashion editors, who organized the show called “I Am Not Made From Plastic,” said, “[i want] to show that we can do things that are really stylish without destroying nature.” Judging by the chic results, the Brazilian fashion industry has sustainability in the bag.—Sameer Reddybright eyes style file Style.com

Nothing has been confirmed about Olivier Theyskens’ possible exit from Nina Ricci at the end of his contract and his potential replacement coach factory outlet Louis Vuitton studio director Peter Copping, but it sure is fun to speculate. Real life: just like high school. Valentino’s couture collection heads to Jumbotrons near you tonight in Paris, Milan, and Rome; and, no, Mr. Garavani had nothing to do with it. Page Six founder James Brady died Monday, but his legacy and disciples (Perez et al.) live on.From the Way Harsh Dept.: “Etiquette is on a downward spiral, and politeness is disappearing.” As if we didn’t have it bad enough. Are you dating a banker? Help is out

tborn being Tauk in Montauk. Coach coupons Inspired by American biker chic and a military/workwear aesthetic, she stocks wares by Filson, Pointer, and Pendleton. We can almost hear the collective groan about Americana overload, but just keep reading. Piotrowski has sourced coach factory outlet clothing and accessories for men and women that you don’t need recession goggles to appreciate, although the coach factory outlet striped naval T-shirts from St. James and dead-stock gas attendant shirts do come in under $60. “This isn’t fashion,” she explained. “This is affordable clothing for artists, and if they want it to be fashion, they can interpret it that way.” Sounds like she’s on to something. We spotted photographer Ben Watts playing around with different Moscot frames.—Laurie TrottPhoto: Courtesy of Smith & ButlerSmoke = Fire? Copping May Be In At Ricci style file Style.com

This rough beginning to camp should also be expected. While the offense had a full offseason to work together, unlike last year with the lockout, Dalton still has to adjust to life without two of his top three wide receivers from last year. Jerome Simpson (Vikings) and Andre Caldwell (Broncos) both left in free agency.

A big focus this offseason has been to improve the Bengals' deep passing game. Offensive coordinator Jay Gruden put together a tape of 15 errant deep passes that left points on the board, according to CBS Sports. So far, the only receiver that Dalton has shown any consistency with is A.J. Green.

While all eyes are on the receivers to see who brazil world cup jerseys will step up, Dalton has to make progress in order for the Bengals to move forward. Dalton's surprising Pro Bowl season as a rookie was far from perfect. In four games against Pittsburgh and Baltimore, Dalton had an 0-4 record with four touchdowns and five Cheap soccer jerseys interceptions.

There's no reason to push the http://worldcupsoccerfacts.info/ panic button because it's only been three practices. It essentially Cheap soccer jerseys amounts to a bad minicamp.

Dalton"It hasn't been perfect but that's what camp is for, trying to find the mistakes and correct them," Dalton said.

Dalton needs time to work on his familiarity with Brandon Tate (who was more of a returner than receiver last season), Mohamed Sanu (a rookie third-round pick) and Armon Binns (a practice squad player last season). These receivers are currently the top candidates to take the No. 2 spot.

It's been a slow start to training camp for quarterback Andy Dalton and the Bengals' passing attack. According to the Cincinnati Enquirer's Joe Reedy, the Bengals had trouble with timing, dropped passes and balls tipped at the line of scrimmage.

"I have an understanding of what my drop needs to be, the trajectory of the ball," Dalton said. "Last year it was more of making sure I knew what I was doing."

disrupt the opposite party line. With this in mind, I Lukaku is expected to return from Thib Bromwich, he had an extraordinary season there (as of the weekend, Lukaku Sibrand scored 14 Premier League goals, more than Chelsea's other players in the League), over a period of time, Lukaku is known as a new Drogba, Mourinho regression, may let the small world of Warcraft in London shine.I also believe that, Mourinho will be looking for a stay for Chelsea midfielder Claude Makelele, type. In the year that the Chelsea team, Makelele is a special gear, but since Essien left, you could say that Chelsea needed a fighter in this position.In addition, Mourinho is also likely to give wholesale soccer jerseys Lampard a new contract, if Chelsea hadn't done and Lampard's contract. Lampard and Mourinho have been very good relationship, Chelsea was during the peak period, they have formed a great team match, for so many years, the contribution of Lampard to the Chelsea is incomparable, if can see in Lampard before retiring, wholesale soccer jerseys working with Mourinho again, that will be a very good thing.If you see Chelsea in the lineup, including those of the on-loan players like Lukaku, for example, you'll find out, Chelsea hand resource is so abundant. They have an excellent goalkeeper on loan at Atletico Madrid (Courtois), I was told that he is one of the best goalkeepers in Europe, and in the Chelsea goalkeeper position, Cech and Turnbull are very good.Chelsea also with David Lewis, it looks like he is getting better and better. In the past, defensive mistakes, he was accused of not less, but it looks like this but let him mature. David Lewis also scored some fantastic world wave and important goal, as he recently made against Fulham, and at home against Basel.The Blues have three very powerful attacking midfielder, Mata, Oscar and Zal, but more importantly, in 2007 Mourinho left the Standford bridge, core is still the team he left, both on and off the field, Lampard, Terry and Ashley - Cole is still the team's influential

t of discount football jerseys deadbeat parents online: Somerset County Note: If you are having trouble collecting child support, contact New Jersey's Office of Child Support Enforcement. If you are having difficulty paying child support due to job loss, consider requesting a formal modification of your child support order due to a change in circumstances. Read Online Lists of the Most Wanted Deadbeat Parents to access other states' public records. Location:Lawrenceville, New JerseySelection of Cheese:Herdsman - Raw cows milk, with flavors similar to a mild gouda Harvest Toma - Mild, semi-soft cows' milk cheese aged 2 months Gouda - Raw milk aged 2 months Asiago - Raw Milk Toma Primavera - Raw MilkJersey Giovane - Mozzarella style cheeseThe Cheesemaker:Cherry Grove Farm is an organic family farm and dairy selling cheese, eggs and grass-fed meat. Visitors are welcome at their dairy everyday at 4pm to watch as the Jersey cows are milked. State of New Jersey Commission on Higher Education:Main programs: College Bound Grant Program Educational Opportunity Fund Telephone: 1-800-792-8670 Web: state. nj. us/highereducation These women, from The Real Housewives of New Jersey, cheap football jersey from china are not your ordinary housewives. If you've ever seen the popular Bravo reality show (or one of the other three in the series), you know that the housewives live rather cushy and dramatic lives. Cast members from all four Real Housewives series' help real-life housewives on the show, and read the celebrity questions for each game. Real Housewives executive producer Andy Cohen is also on hand as the game's expert for the Ask the Expert lifeline. For over 30 years, NHL fans could count on one thing: the good guys always wore white, the bad guys always wore dark. But this season, the league has reversed colors, dressing home teams in dark uniforms and visitors in white. Why You will be shocked to learn that it all comes down to money. Here's a brief history of the NHL color code. See All