Steve Downes Confirms Halo 2 Anniversary

Adam91

gallery_12241_647_21820.jpg

In an Interview with the voice actor of the Master Chief, Steve Downes, has confirmed Halo 2 anniversary is coming.

Gamezone sat down the Steve and spoke with him about Halo 5 and the rumors about Halo 2 anniversary. This is what he had to say about it.

“I think you may be ahead of yourself on Halo 5,” Downes said. “I wouldn’t expect anything until 2015. What you can look forward to this year is an anniversary edition of Halo 2.”

It is unsure if the re-release will contain it's own multiplayer, if it will just ported over to Halo 4 or if it will just be HD version of the campaign.

Halo 2 is arguably the game that has defined online console gaming and has been a great success for Xbox Live. Gamezone has not published the full interview yet but they did say it will be up soon.

What are your thoughts on this news, are you happy to hear Halo 2 anniversary is coming, are you upset Halo 5 has been delayed?

Update

On Steve's facebook he was confronted with comments from fans asking about him confirming Halo 2 anniversary, Steve made comments backing out of his supposed statement.

"Let me clarify something. I think there may be a misunderstanding. I have no official info on a H2 anniversary edition. I've only heard what you have heard. You'll have to go to Waypoint for the official word"

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=100731122&postcount=16365

So was their a mix up at the interview or did Steve Downes mistakenly confirm Halo 2 anniversary and had back out of his statement?

Source: Game Zone, Neogaf

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Why it might not be true >

I was wondering why Steve would tell some website that I'd assume 95% of the Halo population doesn't even know exists. Also, he'd be in big trouble if Microsoft didn't give him permission. I guess we'll find out whenever Microsoft has another press conference.

I wonder if they're going to put all the stuff they wanted to put in to Halo2 backing in it. The third act inside the forerunner ship giving us a little extra and feeling in gap of him boarding it and then falling out of it

Out of all the Halo games, I think this was the best, online wise. It had glitches, you could take on the other team by yourself if you were good enough). It also had the best true ranking system. You had to earn your stripes on Halo2 if you were truly good. Double team needs to come back and the maps were awesome.

Yeah im definitely getting this cant wait look like  mad good time.

yeah but the multiplayer will just be like halo 4 prob like halo 1 anniversary and that will be so stupid they need the old halo 2 online and old ranking system the real way to play