"Xbox" The Next Generation

SykoWolf

Sorry for the Star Trek Reference

But Big News......

MORE XBOX INFO

viewer.jpg

The new Xbox will reportedly sport "massive power," with a four-core CPU more powerful than any gaming PC. This will result in an increase in general performance—graphics, A.I., everything—in the next generation of games. DirectX 11 will increase game performance even further. And the new console will play Blu-ray discs, too—except for the "slim" version, which will be download-only.

Kinect 2.0 will come as a pack-in with the next Xbox. It can reportedly track up to four players and read minute movements right down to your fingers. Other technology—called Omnitouch—will allow Microsoft to explore some crazy augmented reality. This involves a new peripheral, and though details are scarce, it seems game characters and environments will be projected directly into your living room in full 3D. Yes, like Cortana.

Moving on: the new Xbox will reportedly take advantage of 3D sound that can come from anywhere at once, simulating real surround sound—not just 5.1 or 7.1 surround.

Other rumors touch on the controller—it could feature a touch screen, programmable buttons, or changes even more extreme—plus cloud and always-on gaming, a radically different interface, and a new Microsoft that's friendlier to developers. There are too many details to list here, so head over to CVG to get the full scoop.

Syko's Note: Now remember this isnt completely confirmed by Microsoft, but it was told to Xbox World by Micro$oft at some point.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Guest That Guy Across the Street

Posted

Ever since the original reports on the Xbox720 came out, I was not enthusiastic- in fact, I was downright disappointed. Reports of unchanged and possibly lower graphic content made me wonder why they were even making this thing at all. Other rumors about game prices for the new console being ridiculously high frightened me so much I hid in a dark room for 24 hours, in complete solace, to recover from the shock. That all changed when I read this article. If HALF of the stuff these people talked about is true, then the Xbox 720 will not only be well worth buying, but also revolutionize gaming.

Could've brought the Blu-Ray in a little earlier though....

Sincerely yours,

A Hopeful Gamer.

''with a four-core CPU more powerful than any gaming PC.''

That Part made me Laugh. As much as i love Xbox as much as PC, a small 400 - 600 $ Will never beat a 2000 - 8000$ Gaming Computer. With PCIe 3.0 and possibilities of 3 GPUs on Computer and DX11 out its been a LONG TIME, it won't beat it ever, because it is more advanced technologically. Those saying it's not doesn't know anything about Machines. Also i bet the new XBOX won't do a 15% of the capable job an Intel Core i7 990X will do (It's 1000$ ALONE just for the CPU. And is one of the BEST on the Market, by the way.) I mean come on let's be realist .... I love Xbox Machine, but i think this part is a bit too much of Marketing, ANYWAYS can't wait for the New Xbox, looks interesting!!!

See, here's the problem with your analysis, apart from a COMPLETELY partial point of view. You seem to think that just because something costs $2000, it is automatically better than something that costs $400. (Either way, it's still a chunk of money...) It's not about the money money money, chi-chang chi-chang (sorry, had to throw that in there.) The point is this- just because the computer tech costed YOU $2000, it doesn't mean it costed [insert company] that much money to make it. (It could've, but there's no way to prove it.) Technology has been advancing rapidly in the past years- maybe what was thousands 2 years ago is only a couple hundred now. I have no doubt in my mind that your souped-up gaming computer has great graphics and all that fun stuff- on the contrary, it probably is better than the upcoming Xbox. But the new Xbox could be just as good! The thing is, we won't know until it's released, and until then we'll have to guess going off of partial, impartial, false, and true reports. Even when it's released, opinions will still vary greatly. I guess it's all a matter of opinion that determines who wins the battle of the gamer. Seriously, whoever bothered to read this far, you have my respect.

Truly yours,

A Guy Who Has Played the XBox, and Now Wants to Try a Souped-Up Gaming PC.

Tbh, they are right in a way. As long as it beats a PC of the Xbox's pricerange - it's better than a gaming PC. However, a console (at least now) isn't going to beat a PC.

But some PC gamers are just hilarious when they brag about their hardware. If you're willing to throw 5 grand for games, well.. Do so. Not everybody has the money.

i wish there was a like button there

From everything that i have read its said to have a quad core where each core divides into 4 logical cores which would be a 16 core cpu. You never know with ms

they can do anything