PS4 'First And Foremost' A Gaming Console

Drizzy_Dan

kaz%2Bhirai.jpg

With Microsoft and Sony both announcing their next generation consoles, we're already starting to see the competition between the two developing companies over the better console naturally.

"The PS4 is a great video game console that appeals to video gamers."

- Kaz Hirai.

At D11, Sony CEO Kazuo Hirai told reporters that this was significant because they wanted to convey the message that the PS4 was mainly made for video gamers. Hirai did say that Sony would be showing off more of the features that are not focused on video gaming but that it would come later. We have a big E3 to look forward to this year. Kaz Hirai would like the Gaming Community to know that, "...[The PS4 is] first and foremost a video game console."1

So far, Microsoft has shown the Xbox One to be a family entertainment, full living room experience. It showed more focus on its features that were not gaming.

Sony on the other hand, presented many game demos for the PlayStation 4 and put the focus on the gaming. So the question is, who's doing it better?

ps4%2Bpic%2Bfor%2Barticle.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Chances are strong that I'll be investing into a PS4 if Destiny from Bungie doesn't release on PC which is still in speculation. The PS4 really does seem geared more towards gamers than the Xbone. However I'll not pass judgment until E3. Such a shame as I'd like to continue playing Halo, but YouTube walkthroughs will have to suffice i'm afraid.

I bought the original XBOX on launch day simply because of Halo, and although the majority of gamer's were standing in the PS2 camp (of which I also owned for the exclusives), I always stood by  the XBOX.

Launch day of the 360, I was pleased to get my hands on one and loved it. But over the past few years, the 360 went from being my main console to only being brought out for exclusives (which aren't that many these days), and the PS3 became my main console of choice.

Things don't look to change either. Yes I'll buy a XBOX One (I hate that name), but I'm not excited about it. I only watch maybe five hours of TV a month, and the new direction MS are taking holds no interest for me. Even if all these new I.P's aren't fitness and Kinect games, the PS4 has won me over already.

XBOX is dead to me now.

SO...E3. do you still think its not focused on gamers? Cus those games, a new HALO (not HALO 5, it was just referred to as HALO) and that TITANFALL game especially, are leading me  to buy the new xbox.

ALSO, cloud gaming? That will be amazing.

All those built in social tools, like recording and editing on the xbox. And with the live streaming to Twitch, there will be amazing things coming with that. I can imagine Achievementhunter.com will have some kind of sponsor bonus with that, like live streamed Lets Plays.

I wonder how much the ps4 will cost though, cus they announced the xbox 1 to be $500.

SO...E3. do you still think its not focused on gamers? Cus those games, a new HALO (not HALO 5, it was just referred to as HALO) and that TITANFALL game especially, are leading me  to buy the new xbox.

ALSO, cloud gaming? That will be amazing.

All those built in social tools, like recording and editing on the xbox. And with the live streaming to Twitch, there will be amazing things coming with that. I can imagine Achievementhunter.com will have some kind of sponsor bonus with that, like live streamed Lets Plays.

I wonder how much the ps4 will cost though, cus they announced the xbox 1 to be $500.

The PS4 is 400 dollars and I'm a HUGE Halo fan but I mean really this Xbox One looks like a piece of dog crap.

playstation is weak and has no honor and yet cant come up with its own truly good ideas for example xbox 360 came out before ps3 and ps3 technically stole alot of xboxs ideas like the home button or achievements or downloading music and even if they have free online it lags like hell and it sucks and everything you buy cost more cause its either blue ray dics or sixaxis and to be honest i dont see no difference in graphic quality even if that game is only for ps3 not to mention the fact that all there games for just ps3 suck and that's my opinion and since the leader of sony is asian he can go comit hara kiri