Next Gen Xbox Specs Surfaced?

Adam91

xbox-wallpaper.jpg

Recent reports claim to have revealed the next gen xbox specs, it's is said that the CPU, GPU and RAM total but microsoft have not announced these details themselves yet so it should still be considered as rumor. Read below for more details.

This article is from

Examiner.com

Although Microsoft remains mum on the topic, rumors concerning Microsoft’s upcoming next-generation home console, dubbed Xbox 720, continue to surface. On Tuesday, a report from

Club.TGCER.com arose which, apparently, reveals many of the technical specs of the Xbox 720.

According to a post from the

NeoGAF video game forums, which translated the original source, the Xbox 720 will house an 8-core CPU, a customized AMD 8800 series GPU, and pack 8 GB of RAM – for comparison, the Nintendo Wii U has 2GB of RAM.

In addition to these technical details, the report also mentions that the Xbox 720 will use Windows 8 as an operating system and come with a 640 GB hard disk drive – the Xbox 360’s largest HDD currently is 320 GB.

Microsoft has not formally announced the Xbox 720 or a next-generation home console. Despite Microsoft’s reluctance to announce the new hardware, there have been a number of reports that suggest Microsoft will debut the Xbox 720 at E3 2013 later this year with a launch in North America by the end of the year

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

windows 8 is already out... I'm using it as of this very moment... as for the CPU cores i believe the highest consumer amount is 6, but I would not suggest quoting me on that as I could be wrong. Haloman 2 has no idea what he's talking about so do not listen to him.

WIN8 isn't out yet, that's a good one Haloman 2, We've been running tests on it for months now, and I don't see any problem with this being the main OS.

Also, the highest core currently being sold is 16-core in the AMD Opteron 6200 series.

Actually i did some research and I don't quite know if windows 8 is out yet. so i like all these comments

Windows 8 has been out for a while i just bought a computer that has it a week ago

windows 8 won't come out for a while so this won't be for a while. it depends on when the E3 happens. if it happens before windows 8 they won't be able to make the 720. I hope both turn out well!

Windows 8 has been out......

AMD FX series CPUs and the Intel Core i5, i7 are based on 4+ core designs. The FX-8000 series being 8 core, and the Core i7 extreme, and 3rd generation Core i7 being 8 core as well. 8 GB of RAM is very mild for something that needs to last at least 5 years. 12 or 16 GB would be preferred.

The reason it would be based off of the Windows 8 OS is for cross-platform functionality: Xbox, PC, and phone. They want what Apple has, but they want to take it a step further and dominate all aspects of the entertainment scope as there are Win 8 tablets as well (that's what the OS is designed for -- mobile and tablet). Win 8 is optimized for touch-screen functionality so it would be interesting how that would apply as well.