Microsoft employees victims of Xbox Live hacks

Dog

1C6545774-xbox-live11-15-12dashboardgames-web.streams_desktop_small.jpg

The Xbox Live accounts of some "high-profile" Microsoft employees have been hacked, and the company says it is "actively working with law enforcement" to disable the attack and "prevent its future use."

In a statement to NBC News Wednesday, Microsoft said it is "aware that a group of attackers" is using "social engineering techniques to compromise the accounts of a handful of high-profile Xbox Live accounts held by current and former Microsoft employees."

The attacks may be tied to those that done recently to well-known security writer and researcher Brian Krebs, who was a victim himself last Thursday. His KrebsOnSecurity blog suffered a denial-of-service attack, followed by a harrowing, real-life visit from police, with guns drawn, who had been told someone called 911 and reported that "Russians had broken into the home and shot my wife," Krebs wrote.

"The cop that took the report from me after the incident said someone had called 911 using a Caller ID number that matched my mobile phone number; the caller claimed to be me," Krebs wrote in describing the nightmare. (The practice of such a terrible "joke" is known as "SWATing.").

There was more. Last weekend, Krebs said he received an email from "a person who claimed to have direct knowledge of the attacks (perhaps because he, too, was involved)," Krebs wrote on his blog Monday.

"This individual said those who attacked my site were a group of young online video game enthusiasts who were upset that earlier in the week I’d written about ssndob.ru, a site that sells access to peoples’ credit files, Social Security numbers and other sensitive information."

According to this source, the hackers in this case belong to a four-man Xbox live gamer team that calls itself "Team Hype,"which until this past weekend had posted a number of videos to their own youtube.com channel...

According to the anonymous source, Team Hype consists of hackers who use the nicknames "Trojan" "Shadow," "Convict," and "Phobia." The source said the group used SSNs from ssndob.ru to hijack "gamertags," online personas tied to Xbox Live game accounts. In this case, specifically from Microsoft employees who work on the Xbox Live gaming platform. Some of the group members then sell those accounts to other Xbox Live players.

Krebs said the source wrote: "They hack/social engineer Gamertags off Microsoft employees by using SSNs ... I didn’t DDoS your site and I didn’t SWAT you, Phobia has been telling everyone he did. The method he released he said he gets SSNs, then calls phone companies and redirects the number and than gets xbox phone support to call number and confirm. I heard he got mad that you released the site he uses. Also Trojan told a buddie of mines ‘fear’ (on AIM) something about a dead body in your closet about your swat."

As far as those Social Security numbers, a Microsoft spokesperson told NBC News that it does "not collect or use Social Security numbers in its services."

But, the spokeperson said, "The attackers who obtained Social Security numbers "may be using it to social engineer other companies that do rely on this personal data for authentication."

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

FLOWER BUDDIES. if i knew em i'd make em experience some real hacking,with my foot up their FLOWER. I'm sorry i have a zero tolorance policy for crime. those FLOWER BUDDIES. they deserve to rot in a grave full of bloody old FLOWERS who'll FLOWER em and make em realize the extent of my anger towards hackers. 

I like the Revenge of the nerds quote that is epic,real credit to u.I think they're just sado's who really need to get a life and I'm a massive fan of Microsoft and Bungie and 343 so that anoys me that people do stuff like that

if (ch_selectedWearing wet footwear, boots

if (ch_selectedWearing wet shoes, boots and socks will produce your chance of creating blisters.The needle will will require to have to be sterilized by heating it getting a flame till it completely is red scorching following which allowed to awesome.Use the needle to puncture the edge from the blister in pretty some spots.Include the location with antibiotic ointment in the same time as a bandage.The 3 or 4 tier plastic stone kinds are shipped to you in about four foot sections.The plastic items are match with every other with metalA-Sleeping at the Foot of the Bed with your child.suitable appropriate just after your backyard is prepared, you are in a place to combine and secure them in to the ground by hammering a steel rod by indicates with the holes offered in each and every with the sections.I needed to create an oval formed raised mattress and purchased a Eee PC 1005HA-VU1X single circular set of types and two sq. sets of kinds.My backyard now has an outstanding searching oval stone raised bed.I was in a place to prepare the backyard area, assemble the elevated bed and fill the mattress with soil, manure and sand all inside the identical working day.I nevertheless had time to plant my vegetables inside the truly similar time.This item could also be utilised to produce retaining partitions inside your yardNCH SEAT.Include just slightly class for the area with any kind bench that fits your style.Wood, metal, or wicker it will capture kicked off quilts and assist you tie your footwear within the morning with no falling back into mattress as soon as the moment a entire great deal additionalRaised beds warm up significantly faster than the surrounding floor, which allows you to plant earlier.They also stay warmer later inside the season, allowing you to continue gardening lengthier.they are also a great deal significantly much less complex to cover inside of the event of a late or early frost.So, you obtain handle of what you may possibly plant within of your zone.if (ch_selectedGarden pests which includes insects, slugs, and snails, are also normally deterred to a diploma.pondering about just just just how much harm the pests can do in a short time frame, just about each bit of help is certainly welcome.it may well make the distinction of plants becoming chewed off in the direction of the floor prior to they have a chance to obtain effective sufficient to withstand the onslaught using the pests, and expanding adequate to turn out to be ACCU Dell U1544 vigorous sufficient to survive when numerous from the leaves have been wrecked.a distinct remarkable technique to put together your ft for summer time time publicity is usually a skilled pedicure, which could possibly be the greatest pampering experience for both women and males.appear at obtaining a foot massage the moment you go, which increases circulation and feels simply ACCU Dell 312-0279 terrific.The ft are significantly as well important to essentially bind, adorn and hide.The sensations obtained by the foot on the floor develop body consciousness not in distinction to the input received by the senses.have you been 1 of those fortunate folks who've a bed room substantial sufficient for one extra piece of furniture in the foot with the mattress?you A2540H may be going to have the functionality to use this added space to add but a additional practical or ornamental merchandise.Report this articleTags:whole lotflamesocksvegetablesbandagebootsblisterswickerrubbing alcoholblistermanureretaining wallsantibiotic ointmentThe author is an veteran author who has been producing his posts for a few decades now, and would like ACCU Dell Y084C to recommend you to pay a go to to a quantity of her is most current articles or blog posts at What A Foot Massage Is All About?in which you will discover primarily quite fascinating content material articles relating to this and/or other issues.a1articles/asleeping-at-the-foot-of-the-bed-with-your-child-2278866.

http://zombiz.com/index.php?do=/blog/270258/as09f34/

http://www.cellsbee.com/index.php?do=/blog/71528/as09f34/

http://www.gupshupdunya.com/blog/53/batterij-acer-as09f34/

http://myaze.tk/index.php?do=/blog/7/as09f34/

http://dev4.twinslobby.com/index.php?do=/blog/72115/batterij-acer-as09f34/

http://www.zagadywacz.pl/index.php?do=/blog/7033/batterij-acer-as09f34/

http://socialclubelite.com/index.php?do=/blog/93130/as09f34/

http://tamilsource.com/index.php?do=/blog/32671/batterij-acer-as09f34/

GBguestbook